Page 122 of 156 FirstFirst ... 2272112118119120121122123124125126132 ... LastLast
Results 1,816 to 1,830 of 2338
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by green_garnish View Post
    I'm just repeating the facts. I'm saying the amount the population is rising has been decreasing far more seriously than movie attendance has been declining.
    But this is the actual population through the years.
    BD57D0B0-B75B-436A-9368-E3BEF1153508.jpg

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by luprki View Post
    You can’t deny attendance is dropping, you can’t deny ticket prices are increasing. These are facts that are easy to find.
    If you don’t want to believe me, just goggle it. It’s all there for everyone to see.
    No one that I've seen on this thread really disputes that. What we have problems with is your insistence that effect produces cause.

BANNED

But this is the actual population through the years.
    BD57D0B0-B75B-436A-9368-E3BEF1153508.jpg
    Oh my stars and garters. Really? You're going to refute evidence with other evidence that doesn't apply?

Here's the thing. You have said in this thread that ticket prices have risen 14%, and that's a big number. But population is rising at just under .6%, which must, by your own definition, be a small number.

Ergo, statistically more people are buying higher priced tickets, leading to unprecedented profits for the movie industry.

Please, I beg you, don't argue this.
    Last edited by green_garnish; 07-01-2021 at 04:19 PM.

You can’t deny attendance is dropping, you can’t deny ticket prices are increasing. These are facts that are easy to find.
    If you don’t want to believe me, just goggle it. It’s all there for everyone to see.
    You can correctly do just that if you take an even remotely realistic look at the last ten years and the years before 1998.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Okay, I'm starting to get annoyed with you. For the past twenty years or more, attendance has been stable. That is a fact. Now if you keep posting otherwise, then you will start falling into trollish waters. It reminds me of when you used to state that TV/cable/streaming top actors were getting paid the same as theatrical actors, which isn't even close to be true. Enough is enough.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Fast 9 passes $100m and passed gvk. Fastest $100m in north america post 2020.

Purge doing as expected but boss baby 2 doing better then expected.

F9 (Uni) 4,203 theaters (+24), Fri $7.5M (-75%)/3-day $22.2M (-68%)/4-day: $30.4M/Total: $123.4M/ Wk 2

Boss Baby: Family Business (Uni) 3,640 theaters, Fri $6.8M/3-day $17.5M/4-day and total $23.2M/Wk 1
    Forever Purge (Uni) 3,051 theaters , Fri $4.4M/3-day $10M /4-day and total $12.5M/Wk 1

F9 is crossing the $100M mark in eight days, making it the fastest movie to cross that mark during the pandemic, besting A Quiet Place Part II‘s 15-day journey to that milestone. Note the above figures can change as we go throughout the weekend. Purge Forever looks to be hitting its 3-day projection spot-on with Boss Baby 2 ahead of its $15M 3-day projection. Remember that title is also available on the Peacock streaming service. Eighty percent of the U.S./Canadian exhibition’s 5,88K theaters are open and operating.
    https://deadline.com/2021/07/boss-ba...th-1234785567/

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    Okay, I'm starting to get annoyed with you. For the past twenty years or more, attendance has been stable. That is a fact. Now if you keep posting otherwise, then you will start falling into trollish waters. It reminds me of when you used to state that TV/cable/streaming top actors were getting paid the same as theatrical actors, which isn't even close to be true. Enough is enough.
    I have not broken any community standards and rules. I’m just posting my opinion. If anything I’ve been the one who is getting bullied and has been called names on this thread. I don’t get angry at other people opinions and they shouldn’t get angry at my opinions. Opinions are something everyone has and it is healthy to discuss those opinions. If a person truly believes what they are posting, than there is no reason to get annoyed at another person opinion.
    Having said that, I didn’t realize my opinions was causing so much heartache, so this is my last post on this thread.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

I have not broken any community standards and rules. I’m just posting my opinion. If anything I’ve been the one who is getting bullied and has been called names on this thread. I don’t get angry at other people opinions and they shouldn’t get angry at my opinions. Opinions are something everyone has and it is healthy to discuss those opinions. If a person truly believes what they are posting, than there is no reason to get annoyed at another person opinion.
    Having said that, I didn’t realize my opinions was causing so much heartache, so this is my last post on this thread.
    It's not about not being able to express your opinions, it's about trying to pass off opinions as facts...especially in the face of actual facts the dispute what you're saying.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

First of all, nobody is saying you can't post your opinions here. If you were posting your opinion that you wish all theaters were gone and streaming were king instead, there wouldn't be any problems. It's when you start twisting facts trying to convince the rest of us that theaters are dying is when many of us have a problem. See the difference?
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

It's also that Disney+, for example, reportedly has ~38 million subscribers in North America. Average household is ~2.5 people, so that means ~95 million people (all estimations, obviously). US has ~328 million people and Canada ~38 million for a total of ~366 million people. Disney+ thus taps into ~25% of the market... movie theaters can tap into 100% of the market (obviously there are babies and small children etc....). It's not comparable.

I am going to answer my original question and say no, COVID did not end theatrical movies. It obviously had an impact, the extent of which we probably won't know until sometime next year. But while market forces like streaming will continue to effect movie theaters, COVID was not an end to them.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Disney+ day and date release could seriously hamper Black Widow's China box office as high quality piracy copies are already spreading across the country prior to its theatrical release. https://variety.com/2021/film/news/b...es-1235016323/
    Tolstoy will live forever. Some people do. But that's not enough. It's not the length of a life that matters, just the depth of it. The chances we take. The paths we choose. How we go on when our hearts break. Hearts always break and so we bend with our hearts. And we sway. But in the end what matters is that we loved... and lived.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by chicago_bastard View Post
    Disney+ day and date release could seriously hamper Black Widow's China box office as high quality piracy copies are already spreading across the country prior to its theatrical release. https://variety.com/2021/film/news/b...es-1235016323/
    Eh, I don't think piracy really hurts box office that much, it might hurt Disney +'s premium VOD but that's about it.

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    Eh, I don't think piracy really hurts box office that much, it might hurt Disney +'s premium VOD but that's about it.
    Piracy is a big factor in China and as BW likely won't start in Chinese theaters before August it's not far off to assume that many Marvel fans in China will watch an illegal copy instead of waiting one month to see it, especially when thanks to the day and date release there are high quality copies available.
    Tolstoy will live forever. Some people do. But that's not enough. It's not the length of a life that matters, just the depth of it. The chances we take. The paths we choose. How we go on when our hearts break. Hearts always break and so we bend with our hearts. And we sway. But in the end what matters is that we loved... and lived.

I think it was Crazy Rich Asians that did poorly in China because it was pirated everywhere there.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!