Page 128 of 156 FirstFirst ... 2878118124125126127128129130131132138 ... LastLast
Results 1,906 to 1,920 of 2338

Deadline on Disney+ day and date release and piracy:

Piracy is stealing more money from them faster than they realize, as many sources in the know tell me. And that diminishing of dollars at the box office and windows will hit every downstream business units at Disney quite hard. Wall Street needs to stop sniffing the streaming glue, wake up and realize this recipe for financial disaster.

Fact: Black Widow was the most-pirated movie last week on Torrent Freak, ahead of The Tomorrow War in the No. 2 spot. Many of these piracy sites dress themselves up with images from the film to make it look like they’re legit.
    All of those safeguards are blown away in this day-and-date theatrical-streaming era. One industry analytics source informed me that in one study they did for a studio, it showed that these piracy sites were the No. 1 platform for those at home to watch movies, not Disney+ or any other streaming platform. By Disney executing this Disney+ Premier strategy from day one (and Warner’s with their 2021 slate), they’re essentially making pristine free copies available.

I bet Bob Iger wouldn't have made such a stupid move, but Chapek didn't strike me as the sharpest knife in the drawer and his day and date release decision proves it.
    Tolstoy will live forever. Some people do. But that's not enough. It's not the length of a life that matters, just the depth of it. The chances we take. The paths we choose. How we go on when our hearts break. Hearts always break and so we bend with our hearts. And we sway. But in the end what matters is that we loved... and lived.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by chicago_bastard View Post

Piracy is stealing more money from them faster than they realize, as many sources in the know tell me. And that diminishing of dollars at the box office and windows will hit every downstream business units at Disney quite hard. Wall Street needs to stop sniffing the streaming glue, wake up and realize this recipe for financial disaster.

Fact: Black Widow was the most-pirated movie last week on Torrent Freak, ahead of The Tomorrow War in the No. 2 spot. Many of these piracy sites dress themselves up with images from the film to make it look like they’re legit.
    All of those safeguards are blown away in this day-and-date theatrical-streaming era. One industry analytics source informed me that in one study they did for a studio, it showed that these piracy sites were the No. 1 platform for those at home to watch movies, not Disney+ or any other streaming platform. By Disney executing this Disney+ Premier strategy from day one (and Warner’s with their 2021 slate), they’re essentially making pristine free copies available.

I bet Bob Iger wouldn't have made such a stupid move, but Chapek didn't strike me as the sharpest knife in the drawer and his day and date release decision proves it.
    I just want to know if Disney is going to push for more theaters after this news.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Astonishing Member

[I]Piracy is stealing more money from them faster than they realize, as many sources in the know tell me. And that diminishing of dollars at the box office and windows will hit every downstream business units at Disney quite hard. Wall Street needs to stop sniffing the streaming glue, wake up and realize this recipe for financial disaster.

I didn't know people still use Torrents. Thought it was all streaming sites.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Eh, that doesn't seem that legit a concern...they made huge money on Disney+ streaming, and had huge amounts of new sign ups to boot. If you're going to pirate you're going to pirate but that audience isn't the same as American Family Q which is who Disney+ is going for.

Streaming same day just makes these so much easier to pirate. And maybe not as much here in the U.S., but a major problem in other countries that will diminish the box office.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Streaming same day just makes these so much easier to pirate. And maybe not as much here in the U.S., but a major problem in other countries that will diminish the box office.
    Yeah, I could see it say diminishing box office in China which hasn't even received a release date yet...but not domestically.

BANNED

Privacy is not new to the movie industry, it’s been around since the beginning of the movie business. New technology has always presented a challenge to the industry, but the industry always find a way to beat it. Privacy hasn’t stopped the music industry from going to mainly streaming and it’s not going to stop the movie industry. Privacy or no privacy, there are many many other bigger reasons box office attendance is down.

Quote Originally Posted by luprki View Post
    Privacy is not new to the movie industry, it’s been around since the beginning of the movie business. New technology has always presented a challenge to the industry, but the industry always find a way to beat it. Privacy hasn’t stopped the music industry from going to mainly streaming and it’s not going to stop the movie industry. Privacy or no privacy, there are many many other bigger reasons box office attendance is down.
    Except as already proven many, multiple times now attendance isn't down significantly.

Sure, talk to any performer that use to make their money from Album sales instead of mostly live concerts. No big deal.

The only artist to break 30 million in sales since 2000 is Adele, and she barely breaks the top 30 list. The "industry, might be fine, not so much the artists.
    Last edited by Kirby101; 07-18-2021 at 01:19 PM.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

BANNED

Sure, talk to any performer that use to make their money from Album sales instead of mostly live concerts. No big deal.

The only artist to break 30 million in sales since 2000 is Adele, and she barely breaks the top 30 list. The "industry, might be fine, not so much the artists.
    Just like the music industry, the movie industry will take in less revenue but higher profit, while they screw the artist even more.

Just like the music industry, the movie industry will take in less revenue but higher profit, while they screw the artist even more.
    I think we will see some big pushback from big stars over future compensation. Hollywood has stronger unions than music. But you are right that the industry will try.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Except people don't go out to theaters to listen to music albums, so the industries are not comparable. Unless people have changed since I entered my twenties during the '80s, most people are not going to stay holed up in their homes. Therefore, theaters won't go the way of the dodo until something can replace it as an event.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

BANNED

I think we will see some big pushback from big stars over future compensation. Hollywood has stronger unions than music. But you are right that the industry will try.
    Yep, the Hollywood talents are in a better position than the musical artists.

BANNED

I think one thing we can all agree on is more people needs to get vaccinated. The thing that can hurt the theaters recovery is another limited capacity mandate. Many counties in California are on the verge of a limited capacity mandate. The U.S. Stock Market took a hit today because of fears of the present covid outbreak.
    The unvaccinated is hurting our economy, they are a danger to each other and the vaccinated. I don’t want to go through another slowdown and shutdown.
    Last edited by luprki; 07-19-2021 at 03:00 PM.

Agreed lup. The Dow dropped 900 today on fears of the Delta Variant. Dr. Scott Cotlieb, former head of the CDC said he thinks almost every unvaccinated person will get the Delta V. It is that contagious.
    We could have ended this pandemic this summer if not for the anti-vaccination, Trump loving idiots.