Page 10 of 156 FirstFirst ... 678910111213142060110 ... LastLast

Studio Movie Grille is offering free tickets with take out food right now. I ordered lunch from them today, we'll see if they are still around when all this blows over!
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

https://www.kshb.com/news/local-news...for-bankruptcy

Why is amc hurting when other movie chains are fine? AMC bought out carmike then made a bunch of those high priced prime buildings and took a loss on a-list knowing it would pay off later. (ironic thing is it was starting to pay off before the virus hit!)

Add these up and it's not good for amc.

There is a rumor amazon may help bail amc out but that's just a rumor right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post

Why is amc hurting when other movie chains are fine? AMC bought out carmike then made a bunch of those high priced prime buildings and took a loss on a-list knowing it would pay off later. (ironic thing is it was starting to pay off before the virus hit!)

There is a rumor amazon may help bail amc out but that's just a rumor right now.
    It may be the fact that AMC is owned by a Chinese company?

Retired

While Movie Pass went down in flames, I think that it presented such a challenge to AMC that they had to overextend themselves and maybe now they're suffering the consequences.

We don't have AMC in Canada, so for me the cut and thrust of American theatre chains is like watching NFL games--it's entertaining but not something I'm invested in. And in these times, what happens to them is really low down on the totem pole. I cared a lot more about the independent mom & pop theatres that had second run movies and art films which now have all disappeared from the landscape. It used to be fun to walk over to the local movie theatre and watch a classic movie or a foreign film. I miss that experience. If I was a government I would have subsidized those theatres and defended them against real estate developers, as they were the community hub and served a greater importance than just commerce.

Los Angeles has a "lost theatre district" as I am sure is common in many cities. You can walk downtown on Hill Street and see all the old marquees and architecture still there, with boarded up windows, next to slimy jewelry stores and pawn shops, and homeless encampments in the doorways. Some of the pavement in that stretch is marble, with very intricate designs. Now all fallen into disrepair and filth.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post

I just find it astounding that AMC had the funds to be in the works towards purchasing yet another movie chain, but not enough for a 3 month emergency fund for itself.

BANNED

Doubt it, I haven’t gone to the theatre in years but every year I have a list of films I buy and watch, I want to go back to doing that so bad but most of the films I wanted to see have been pushed back.

Astonishing Member

I doubt it. But too bad for the smaller 2020/2021 movies right now sent to streaming/release date limbo in order for the studios to prioritize with good reason the bigger buck and audiences movies in order to normalize the business. It wouldn't have been the same to watch Ready or Not by myself on a device instead of the packed theater I watched it in.

There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Yeah they will have to do really well in july or be bought by amazon. Unlike the other chains that didn't go on a spending spree last year amc is really in bad shape.

July is make or break for amc.

Thats too bad bc AMC is my favorite chain

Oh man, I have two AMC gift cards waiting to be used!

What do you think guys - drive in movies going to make a big come back? They went away mostly due to the almighty dollar, and because the experience was able to be better in closed-in theaters. But now, who knows. Personally I would love to see some of them revived and making big bucks again.

Who wants to sneak into the movies in the back of my pickup truck, lol

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    Oh man, I have two AMC gift cards waiting to be used!

What do you think guys - drive in movies going to make a big come back? They went away mostly due to the almighty dollar, and because the experience was able to be better in closed-in theaters. But now, who knows. Personally I would love to see some of them revived and making big bucks again.

Who wants to sneak into the movies in the back of my pickup truck, lol
    Those will probably stay niche. If anything home streaming will continue to rise

BANNED

Not enough people will return for the theaters to stay open. People are not going to risk their lives or their older family members lives to go see a movie that will be streaming in just two months.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by luprki View Post
    Not enough people will return for the theaters to stay open. People are not going to risk their lives or their older family members lives to go see a movie that will be streaming in just two months.
    Just to say in passing, it's amusing for me to see you keep making these kinds of posts, talking about possibly doomed movie projects, while with a Gambit avatar OF ALL THINGS.