Page 104 of 156 FirstFirst ... 45494100101102103104105106107108114154 ... LastLast
Results 1,546 to 1,560 of 2338

Quote Originally Posted by inisideguy View Post
    I mean I don't know what the numbers are. But if Cruella brought in 80 million in streaming over a 4 day weekend thats pretty impressive. I have no idea if thats real or what. But no one really knows. Remember Disney plus is in Europe as well. Or most of it. And Australia ect. No one knows purchases from there.
    It's pretty impressive because we can reasonably assume that it did not bring in anywhere hear that.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    It's pretty impressive because we can reasonably assume that it did not bring in anywhere hear that.

I agree. And the reason is if Disney+ brought in anywhere near those numbers they would be bragging about it. No doubt in my mind.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by inisideguy View Post
    I agree. And the reason is if Disney+ brought in anywhere near those numbers they would be bragging about it. No doubt in my mind.
    A Cruella sequel seems to be already in development. But in announcing it, it's telling Disney didn't give sole credit to whatever Cruella's home viewership actually was, but underlined the movie's overwhelmingly positive audience reception (in theaters) compared to their previous (theatrical before the pandemic) releases.

BANNED

I’m glad to see this $80 million is clearer now. I never thought it was that high either. I was just using hype78 calculation. I should have just stuck with my number.
    Last edited by luprki; 06-04-2021 at 11:24 PM.

BANNED

No one else needs to have any data if I am saying "I Believe..."

If what "I Believe..." is to be taken as anything other than what I think is happening no matter what the facts actually say? It's on me to actually come up with some data that even sort of suggests that what I say is actually the case.

Nothing like that sort of data turned up to accompany that "I Believe..."
    If you are demanding data from someone else, you have to provide data too. You can’t have it one way.

Quote Originally Posted by luprki View Post
    Wow, somebody is still saying they didn’t come up with $80 million for Cruella, when it is right here for anyone who what’s to see it and admit to it. Still blaming me for using his numbers. I can’t say I’m surprised.
    And it still doesn't really have much to do with anything...

It was a number that anyone looking at that post could see was intended as a "There Is No Way It Actually Tops Out At That..." number.

Not a legitimate "Estimate..." as it was framed later on.

That it was used is not the issue. That it was used as if it was a valid estimate is the issue.

If you are demanding data from someone else, you have to provide data too. You can’t have it one way.
    Everyone else who has been discussing this actually has been citing actual data.

Meanwhile...

Everybody don’t cancel subscriptions, I’m pretty sure Disney+ has more permanent subscribers than they did before Soul, before Mulan, before Cruella and they will pickup more with Black Widow.
    There is nothing like "Data..." anywhere in that post. Just a statement with nothing to back it up being propped up like it is actual fact.

We have no reason to believe it to be the case based on what is in that post.
    Last edited by numberthirty; 06-04-2021 at 11:15 PM.

BANNED

And it still doesn't really have much to do with anything...

It was a number that anyone looking at that post could see was intended as a "There Is No Way It Actually Tops Out At That..." number.

Not a legitimate "Estimate..." as it was framed later on.

That it was used is not the issue. That it was used as if it was a valid estimate is the issue.
    I’m glad to see this $80 million is clearer now. I never thought it was that high either. I was just using hype78 calculation. I should have just stuck with my number.

BANNED

Everyone else who has been discussing this actually has been citing actual data.

Meanwhile...

There is nothing like "Data..." anywhere in that post. Just a statement with nothing to back it up being propped up like it is actual fact.

We have no reason to believe it to be the case based on what is in that post.
    No one has data, because Disney hasn’t released any data, so that leaves everybody to guess. My point is why do I have to provide data when no one else isn’t?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by regnak View Post
    Well doing the math on Luprki’s claim that the $20 million was less than 30% at 29% it is 66.7 million
    28% 71.4 million
    27% 74.1 million
    26% 76.9 million
    25% 80 million

I wouldn’t really cut him much slack on the estimate that came from his less than 30% claim
    When I said less than 30%, i meant between 29% and 30. And even with that I only guess $40-$50 million.
    The article said $20.6 million, which is about 30% for smart tv. I used the round number at $20 mil, which is just under 30%.
    This is all about nothing.
    Last edited by luprki; 06-04-2021 at 11:51 PM.

No one has data, because Disney hasn’t released any data, so that leaves everybody to guess. My point is why do I have to provide data when no one else isn’t?
    Everyone else has been doing just that the entire time...

In this pair of posts when we went over that a film made just three million less than it was predicted to do before Covid hit?

https://community.cbr.com/showthread...=1#post5566023

https://community.cbr.com/showthread...=1#post5566049

That is people providing actual data that suggests that the film did almost as well in the middle of a pandemic as it was supposed to do if a pandemic had never happened.

That sort of thing has happened over and over in this thread. Almost everyone has been providing data regularly.

https://variety.com/2021/film/news/b...rd-1234984794/

Box Office: ‘A Quiet Place Part II’ Smashes Pandemic Record With $48 Million Debut
    “This is an outstanding opening,” says David A. Gross, who runs the movie consulting firm Franchise Entertainment Research. “[It’s] well above average for a horror sequel.” He adds that “A Quiet Place Part II” could have debuted to $60 million if all U.S. theaters had reopened. “Still,” Gross says, “this movie is going to make a lot of money and bring enormous value to streaming.”

"Well Above Average For A Horror Sequel..."

In the middle of a pandemic.

Astonishing Member

That is people providing actual data that suggests that the film did almost as well in the middle of a pandemic as it was supposed to do if a pandemic had never happened.

That sort of thing has happened over and over in this thread. Almost everyone has been providing data regularly.
    Just for my own fun I'll bring up that Sony's The Unholy horror movie released during the pandemic this year has already tripled its 10 million budget worldwide without a critics consensus worth a damn and while being based on an old airport bin trashy novel. Now compare it to the 2020 The Grudge horror remake which made 49 million worldwide pre-pandemic on the same budget, from the very same studio, with more recognizable actor faces if you look, and which was at least based on an existing horror movie franchise that had already grossed enough bucks this millennium and more people should recognize.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildling View Post
    Just for my own fun I'll bring up that Sony's The Unholy horror movie released during the pandemic this year has already tripled its 10 million budget worldwide without a critics consensus worth a damn and while being based on an old airport bin trashy novel. Now compare it to the 2020 The Grudge horror remake which made 49 million worldwide pre-pandemic on the same budget, from the very same studio, with more recognizable actor faces if you look, and which was at least based on an existing horror movie franchise that had already grossed enough bucks this millennium and more people should recognize.
    Folks have brought up almost the exact same math when it comes to Nobody.

Again, "Data..." has been a pretty regular thing for quite a while in this thread.