Page 121 of 156 FirstFirst ... 2171111117118119120121122123124125131 ... LastLast
Results 1,801 to 1,815 of 2338
    Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Which is not actually happening.

It has been roughly level for going on ten years, and level with the numbers back before 1998.
    Yeah...he doesn't seem to get that.

Astonishing Member

Our cinemas opened today. I booked tickets for Godzilla vs Kong and Black Widow

Glad

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by luprki View Post
    The supply and demand rule doesn’t always apply. Sometimes companies have too raise prices to make up loses.
    Actually, they'll cut jobs, services, etc., but they won't raise prices in that instance. Unless they want to go out of business in a hurry, of course.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

BANNED

Which is not actually happening.

It has been roughly level for going on ten years, and level with the numbers back before 1998.
    Still arguing against facts, I see.

Quote Originally Posted by green_garnish View Post
    Yes, because of the law of supply and demand. Demand is high even though attendance has fallen somewhat. You go for what makes the most money. If demand was low, they would clearly be taking a different approach. You don't invigorate a dying business by raising prices. Ever. Economics 101.
    If attendance has fallen, that means demand has fallen too.

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    Actually, they'll cut jobs, services, etc., but they won't raise prices in that instance. Unless they want to go out of business in a hurry, of course.
    They have already cut jobs and raise prices.

BANNED

If attendance has fallen, that means demand has fallen too.
    that's... not what that means. Demand is rising, as demonstrated by the fact that theaters can raise prices and still get more profit. Please learn something about supply and demand before you embarrass yourself further.

BANNED

Interesting to note what's happened to the population since 1950, in the context of this discussion.
    SmartSelect_20210701-172357_Samsung Internet.jpg

BANNED

that's... not what that means. Demand is rising, as demonstrated by the fact that theaters can raise prices and still get more profit. Please learn something about supply and demand before you embarrass yourself further.
    What are getting so upset about? People have the right to see things differently than you.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

They have already cut jobs and raise prices.
    Once more, businesses do not raise prices unless they know they can make more money that way. If a business is losing money through lack of demand and still raises prices (beyond inflation, taxes, and the cost of producing its product), it will lose even more money. Since the movie industry is not bleeding attendance, despite all the "facts" you keep posting, that means the industry is doing fine. When you see the theaters reducing prices, then you can start crowing about the demise of that pastime.

You can deny this all day long, but it's like saying the sun is blue. It's just not correct. As someone who actually has run a business, I have experience regarding this matter, too.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

BANNED

What are getting so upset about? People have the right to see things differently than you.
    What makes you think I'm upset? Amused would be a better description.

Having differing opinions is one thing. Not understanding the subject you're talking about is a different deal.

BANNED

Interesting to note what's happened to the population since 1950, in the context of this discussion.
    SmartSelect_20210701-172357_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Are you saying population is decreasing?

BANNED

Are you saying population is decreasing?
    I'm just repeating the facts. I'm saying the amount the population is rising has been decreasing far more seriously than movie attendance has been declining.

Still arguing against facts, I see.

Here's the problem...

Repeating some variation of that?

It does nothing to change the actual fact that attendance has remained roughly stable for north of ten years, and has never dropped below pre-1998 attendance.

(Never mind the fact that, during the last ten years, attendance has actually gone up in a few of those years...)

The main problem with asserting that what you are trying to frame as a drop is even remotely indicative of where things are going is that you have to ignore most of the bigger picture to look at it and get "The Sky Is Falling!..." out of it.

That someone sees things differently?

It is never going to change a splinter into a fatal wound.

Seems like that is the main issue here.

BANNED

That someone sees things differently?

It is never going to change a splinter into a fatal wound.

Seems like that is the main issue here.
    Once upon a time a friend of mine insisted that oxygen was the second most flammable substance in nature, losing out only to hydrogen. It was useless to try to explain that oxygen doesn't burn.

This discussion reminds me a lot of that.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    Once more, businesses do not raise prices unless they know they can make more money that way. If a business is losing money through lack of demand and still raises prices (beyond inflation, taxes, and the cost of producing its product), it will lose even more money. Since the movie industry is not bleeding attendance, despite all the "facts" you keep posting, that means the industry is doing fine. When you see the theaters reducing prices, then you can start crowing about the demise of that pastime.

You can deny this all day long, but it's like saying the sun is blue. It's just not correct. As someone who actually has run a business, I have experience regarding this matter, too.
    You can’t deny attendance is dropping, you can’t deny ticket prices are increasing. These are facts that are easy to find.
    If you don’t want to believe me, just goggle it. It’s all there for everyone to see.