Page 141 of 156 FirstFirst ... 4191131137138139140141142143144145151 ... LastLast
Results 2,101 to 2,115 of 2338
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by luprki View Post
    One company Netflix was never a threat to theaters. But less than two years ago studios have started streaming services of their own. This was a game charger on the streaming landscape. These new studios services are a direct threat to theaters, ask Scarlett Johansson.
    That's not what they said 14 years ago. Or when HBO got hot. Or DVDs or VHS. Or television.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by green_garnish View Post
    That's not what they said 14 years ago. Or when HBO got hot. Or DVDs or VHS. Or television.
    But this is the first time the studios are doing same day releases and/or a very short theatrical window. Disney recently moved their window to 33 days from 45 days, at this rate it will be 21 days by the end of the year.

Quote Originally Posted by chicago_bastard View Post
    Too bad these millions of people had no issues to go see F9 in theatres. I'm tired of repeating myself, look up the box office of F9, A Quiet Place 2, and Godzilla vs Kong, compare them to what their direct predecessors made in non-pandemic times and you'll see that enough people go to theatres if it's the only way to see the movie.

These people would have likely purchased the movie after the theatrical window ended like they do it now with F9 that was just released digitally after it made tons of money in theatres and will now make money from the supposed millions who don't leave their homes, although I don't believe their number to be that high as you obviously do.

This whole "Disney is giving consumers a choice" narrative has to go as it is just plain wrong. Consumers always had the choice with every prior MCU movie, they just had to wait a couple weeks then they could watch it at home. And that's the only way a 200 million dollar movie has a chance to make its money back. Giving consumers the choice from day one only leads to the studio losing money.
    well Im one of those use cases. I've seen most MCU films in theaters and BW is the first one in years that I opted not to and its not bc I had no interest in it. Trust and believe this isnt a unique case

BANNED

But this is the first time the studios are doing same day releases and/or a very short theatrical window. Disney recently moved their window to 33 days from 45 days, at this rate it will be 21 days by the end of the year.
    All of those cases are "first times" for studios. The public has demonstrated time and again they want to go to theaters and restaurants and be in public. The current situation hurts, and it will mean the end of some businesses and even companies, but it will not create a loss of demand for public entertainment.

BANNED

All of those cases are "first times" for studios. The public has demonstrated time and again they want to go to theaters and restaurants and be in public. The current situation hurts, and it will mean the end of some businesses and even companies, but it will not create a loss of demand for public entertainment.
    It’s already started. We can watch at home right now brand new movies like F9, A Quiet Place, and Forever Purge. We don’t have to wait 3 to 6 months, just a few very short weeks.

BANNED

It’s already started. We can watch at home right now brand new movies like F9, A Quiet Place, and Forever Purge. We don’t have to wait 3 to 6 months, just a few very short weeks.
    If only "we" actually preferred to watch at home rather than theaters

BTW, I happen to prefer watching at home personally. I've watched exactly one movie in a theater since Iron Man. I'm not foolish enough to think mine is the majority opinion.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    well Im one of those use cases. I've seen most MCU films in theaters and BW is the first one in years that I opted not to and its not bc I had no interest in it. Trust and believe this isnt a unique case
    So yea here is the deal. There seems to be a vocal minority that wanted BW and these other movies to be released in the theater only in this environment. I am not sure why. To prove box office superiority or something. If Disney thought that was the best way to make money, I would have thought they would have done it. But they didn't. And there are people mad at them for that. I don't know why.

Astonishing Member

Oh here is another thing. If these movies start checking vaccine cards going in. I will consider going back to the theaters. And thats coming.

BANNED

If only "we" actually preferred to watch at home rather than theaters

BTW, I happen to prefer watching at home personally. I've watched exactly one movie in a theater since Iron Man. I'm not foolish enough to think mine is the majority opinion.
    I bet some people who saw these movies in the theaters are probably saying, darn I could’ve waited to watch it on Amazon Prime.

BANNED

I bet some people who saw these movies in the theaters are probably saying, darn I could’ve waited to watch it on Amazon Prime.
    I'll bet there are more watching on streaming saying "Darn, I wish I'd watched this on the big screen where I would have been blown away. "

Astonishing Member

I'll bet there are more watching on streaming saying "Darn, I wish I'd watched this on the big screen where I would have been blown away. "
    That was me, watching a certain Jason Statham movie in a hotel TV entirely by accident.

Good thing the guy is nowhere close to being done, his and Guy Ritchie's Wrath of Man movie is currently credited as being the highest grossing indie movie released in theaters during the pandemic.

BANNED

Not these days

Astonishing Member

Not these days
    Post the link to your up to date data instead of typing an opinion again.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Wildling View Post
    Post the link to your up to date data instead of typing an opinion again.
    But this forum is about expressing opinions. If you are asking me to post data, then I’m asking you to do the same thing.

Stop making things up. Shang-Chi is still scheduled for a 45-day window so this is fake news.
    Tolstoy will live forever. Some people do. But that's not enough. It's not the length of a life that matters, just the depth of it. The chances we take. The paths we choose. How we go on when our hearts break. Hearts always break and so we bend with our hearts. And we sway. But in the end what matters is that we loved... and lived.