Page 145 of 156 FirstFirst ... 4595135141142143144145146147148149155 ... LastLast
Results 2,161 to 2,175 of 2338

Quote Originally Posted by luprki View Post
    Another article on how the studios are moving toward and prioritizing streaming over theaters.
    https://www.cnn.com/2021/07/31/media...son/index.html
    Mostly just acknowledging the current move during a time of ongoing pandemic than stating it as a new normal, and mostly focusing on how contracts and compensation needs to be changed so stars will still get paid worthwhile fees like they do now despite studios wanting to screw them over with streaming ala what happened with ScarJo. Not sure what point you are making with this. I mean, I agree that the actors should see some of the streaming cash. Would slow the studios down a bit in their streaming dash if they realize it doesn't get them out of sharing the profit with the stars who make their movies,

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Mostly just acknowledging the current move during a time of ongoing pandemic than stating it as a new normal, and mostly focusing on how contracts and compensation needs to be changed so stars will still get paid worthwhile fees like they do now despite studios wanting to screw them over with streaming ala what happened with ScarJo. Not sure what point you are making with this. I mean, I agree that the actors should see some of the streaming cash. Would slow the studios down a bit in their streaming dash if they realize it doesn't get them out of sharing the profit with the stars who make their movies,
    Right. Anybody who thinks this won't be altered in the near future is sadly mistaken.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    What you are not getting is studios have already decided to make streaming the priority before the pandemic. Nothing is going to slow that down, nothing is going to change this. Disney has already bragged about the reorganized company to make streaming the priority. It a forgone conclusion.

What you are not getting is studios have already decided to make streaming the priority before the pandemic. Nothing is going to slow that down, nothing is going to change this. Disney has already bragged about the reorganized company to make streaming the priority. It a forgone conclusion.
    Where are you getting this? Before the pandemic, no one important was seriously saying streaming would be the predominant way of viewing first-run movies.

You have to wonder. For streaming to work, studios will no longer be able to make movies that need to make half a billion to be profitable. And all the Stars that demand $10 and $20 million plus points will have to take a big salary cut. If not, streaming will not make up for the money lost through not having theater blockbusters.
    Will Dicaprio, Pitt and the Rock start accepting a million or two for a project?
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

With all this talk of the bright future of streaming it should be pointed out that the growth potential of streaming services seems to be already exhausted, at least in the US.

Disney+ failed to meet user growth expectations in Q2/2021: https://www.cbr.com/disney-plus-103-...s-projections/

Netflix' US subscriptions even declined in Q2/2021: https://www.reuters.com/business/med...ll-2021-07-20/
    Tolstoy will live forever. Some people do. But that's not enough. It's not the length of a life that matters, just the depth of it. The chances we take. The paths we choose. How we go on when our hearts break. Hearts always break and so we bend with our hearts. And we sway. But in the end what matters is that we loved... and lived.

Truth here. The companies will think everyone has $10 or $15 a month for their service. What they don't get is people don't have enough for all the services. So they will stick with one or two.
    I mean who is going to pay for HGTV+, really? And Paramont+ is probably limited to Star Trek fans. Also, do people keep Apple TV after their free 1 year trial?

There was also probably an uptick due to people being home all the time with COVID. With people leaving home more, will they see a need for all these services?
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Sadly Suicide Squad will not reach 30 million from the look of things.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    Where are you getting this? Before the pandemic, no one important was seriously saying streaming would be the predominant way of viewing first-run movies.
    Chapek said s months ago the move toward streaming was happening before the pandemic.
    Just because someone important didn’t publicly announced anything about first run movies, doesn’t mean it wasn’t in the plans.

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/10/12/disn...-consumer.html
    “I would not characterize it as a response to Covid,” CEO Bob Chapek told CNBC’s Julia Boorstin on “Closing Bell” on Monday. “I would say Covid accelerated the rate at which we made this transition, but this transition was going to happen anyway.”
    “We are tilting the scale pretty dramatically [toward streaming],” Chapek said on “Closing Bell,” noting that the company is looking at all investments, including dividends, as it seeks to increase its spend on new content. Chapek said the board of directors will have the final say on Disney’s dividend payouts.

And there are many other sources I could have added.
    Last edited by luprki; 08-07-2021 at 02:24 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Maestro 216 View Post
    Sadly Suicide Squad will not reach 30 million from the look of things.
    Now it expected to open in the mid 20 million

Chapek said s months ago the move toward streaming was happening before the pandemic.
    Can you post something he said about streaming replacing theaters as the top priority?

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    You have to wonder. For streaming to work, studios will no longer be able to make movies that need to make half a billion to be profitable. And all the Stars that demand $10 and $20 million plus points will have to take a big salary cut. If not, streaming will not make up for the money lost through not having theater blockbusters.
    Will Dicaprio, Pitt and the Rock start accepting a million or two for a project?
    Even if they did, the production quality would still be not the same for the movies.

BTW, other than seeing a film earlier, what is the benefit of seeing a streamed movie than actually owning it on Blu-ray? Unlike the theater experience which is obviously greater, I can't see any difference between streaming and your own disc viewing-wise.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    Can you post something he said about streaming replacing theaters as the top priority?
    Don’t have to, he already doing it.
    No one is talking about replacing theaters, but the landscape is changing.

https://www.filmstories.co.uk/news/d...-films-and-tv/
    Disney has announced an immediate restructure, which will make streaming the primary focus for its film and TV productions.
    Last edited by luprki; 08-07-2021 at 05:30 PM.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    The smart ones are going more into production and not just acting.

In other words they are going to find ways to get money beyond just acting on camera.

Brad Pitt has his own production company as does many actors. HIs most recent set of films from that company have been below $10 million.

What I would expect to see is movies with below 40 million dollar budgets for a time.

Truth here. The companies will think everyone has $10 or $15 a month for their service. What they don't get is people don't have enough for all the services. So they will stick with one or two.

I get Hulu free with my Sprint (now T-Mobile) account.
    I had Netflix but axed it as I got put on a family member's plan.

As for Amazon and those others-sooner than later those shows and movies hit dvd or blu ray for the public library.

Lets not count out Tubi tv-they got some big name movies on there now.

BANNED

Tubi is great and completely free