Page 146 of 156 FirstFirst ... 4696136142143144145146147148149150 ... LastLast
Results 2,176 to 2,190 of 2338

Saw the terrific The Green Knight in theaters. Hope that the post-pandemic theatrical landscape will have more ambitious low budget fare like this!

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by luprki View Post
    Don’t have to, he already doing it.
    No one is talking about replacing theaters, but the landscape is changing.
    You posted that streaming was going to be the top priority over theaters, but you haven't actually posted anything of the sort. So until you do, then I'll have to keep assuming nobody seriously though this pre-Covid.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    You posted that streaming was going to be the top priority over theaters, but you haven't actually posted anything of the sort. So until you do, then I'll have to keep assuming nobody seriously though this pre-Covid.
    https://www.filmstories.co.uk/news/d...-films-and-tv/
    Disney has announced an immediate restructure, which will make streaming the primary focus for its film and TV productions.

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/disne...142004998.html
    Disney says streaming is now its 'number one priority'
    This is pre-covid article from 2019
    Last edited by luprki; 08-07-2021 at 06:49 PM.

Disney has announced an immediate restructure, which will make streaming the primary focus for its film and TV productions.

Nothing in either of those articles points to that they intend on setting their streaming up to compete with the theatrical model.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Nothing in either of those articles points to that they intend on setting their streaming up to compete with the theatrical model.
    That’s your opinion.
    I don’t know what else you guys want. I already showed where he said this transition was going to happen anyway, covid just accelerated it.
    Last edited by luprki; 08-07-2021 at 06:12 PM.

BANNED

Here’s a link to a video where Chapek is saying the reorganized toward streaming was going to happen with or without covid.
    https://youtu.be/bjPnZ8X0LUo

I have many more if you want.
    Last edited by luprki; 08-07-2021 at 06:59 PM.

What you are not getting is studios have already decided to make streaming the priority before the pandemic. Nothing is going to slow that down, nothing is going to change this. Disney has already bragged about the reorganized company to make streaming the priority. It a forgone conclusion.
    And what you are not getting, but others have said - WHERE ARE YOU GETTING THIS IDEA? Before the pandemic studios were making bigger plans for streaming, but no one said and there's been no evidence provided that it was the priority over theatrical releases, especially pre-pandemic. You keep saying it is true, but you keep providing sources that doesn't even say what you say they say.

Even if they did, the production quality would still be not the same for the movies.

BTW, other than seeing a film earlier, what is the benefit of seeing a streamed movie than actually owning it on Blu-ray? Unlike the theater experience which is obviously greater, I can't see any difference between streaming and your own disc viewing-wise.
    There is no other benefit than seeing it earlier - in fact, there is a difference between streaming versus disc-viewing in that even "4K streaming" typically doesn't look as good as on disc.

That’s your opinion.
    I don’t know what else you guys want. I already showed where he said this transition was going to happen anyway, covid just accelerated it.
    No, it really is not.

If you believe otherwise, quote exactly where either of those articles clearly state that they will be setting up streaming as a direct competitor to the theatrical model.

Here’s a link to a video where Chapek is saying the reorganized toward streaming was going to happen with or without covid.
    https://youtu.be/bjPnZ8X0LUo

I have many more if you want.
    There is no point where he says anything like that.

He says that consumers will ultimately make the call.

Half of that video is about how investors see it. The other half is about attempting to get their parks back open.

I would like actual quotes from industry insiders stating streaming would overtake theaters instead of these links you keep posting, please. Otherwise, we're both wasting our time here.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    There is no other benefit than seeing it earlier - in fact, there is a difference between streaming versus disc-viewing in that even "4K streaming" typically doesn't look as good as on disc.
    That's also my opinion. Which is why there will be a significant number of people who will bypass streaming and wait to purchase their own copy instead.

Nothing in those articles is saying that Disney intends to move away from movie theaters. In fact, nothing in those articles is more than common sense.

That's also my opinion. Which is why there will be a significant number of people who will bypass streaming and wait to purchase their own copy instead.
    Wait, there are two benefits now that I've given it some thought - 1. Buying it on disc is more expensive than watching it on a streaming service, especially if it's one you have anyways (depends on the set-up - the Disney+ model where you have to pay $30 on top of the normal subscription cost if the movie is new is clearly an exception). 2. Someone's already sat/laid down and is just to lazy to get up and put the disc in the box. Wish that last reason was a joke, but people...

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Wait, there are two benefits now that I've given it some thought - 1. Buying it on disc is more expensive than watching it on a streaming service, especially if it's one you have anyways (depends on the set-up - the Disney+ model where you have to pay $30 on top of the normal subscription cost if the movie is new is clearly an exception). 2. Someone's already sat/laid down and is just to lazy to get up and put the disc in the box. Wish that last reason was a joke, but people...
    The latter isn't remotely a problem for me (and is quite sad for those who can claim it as one ). As for the discs, I usually buy a copy of the movies I see at the theater, so it would happen, regardless.