Page 147 of 156 FirstFirst ... 4797137143144145146147148149150151 ... LastLast
Results 2,191 to 2,205 of 2338
    BANNED

There is no benefit to to the studio for streaming over theatrical release because the money just isn't there and never will be. That's not an opinion.

There is a benefit to the studio for streaming over Blu-ray. If you can't get their content anywhere but their service, you're more likely to subscribe to it. That means they get a regular monthly predictable income that isn't possible with disc sales and there are no manufacturing costs. But people can't afford 18 monthly subscriptions so deals will be made between the likes of Disney and Paramount so that Paramount content is shown on Disney+ and Paramount gets the lion's share, but Disney still makes additional profit.

Meanwhile, theatrical releases go on with no impact at all, unless the pandemic is infinite.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    I would like actual quotes from industry insiders stating streaming would overtake theaters instead of these links you keep posting, please. Otherwise, we're both wasting our time here.
    I don’t know many I have to say it, but I’ll say it again.
    I always said it’s my opinion and prediction that streaming will be the dominant way we watch movies by 2026. I have never claimed this came from industry insiders. So your question doesn’t apply here.
    Plus, I have the right to post my opinions and predictions just like everyone else on this forum. Personally, other people opinions that I disagree with don’t bother me.

Now back to the subject. Chapek said this would have happened with or without covid, but covid accelerated it.
    This seems to me to mean the plan to prioritize streaming was already in the works because Disney Plus was created pre-covid and covid speeded the plan up. This is not hard to understand, Disney Plus was created to showcase it library and new original series and movies.
    Last edited by luprki; 08-08-2021 at 07:10 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    There is no point where he says anything like that.

He says that consumers will ultimately make the call.

Half of that video is about how investors see it. The other half is about attempting to get their parks back open.
    The video is informative.
    He said right now the consumers are telling him they want to see more and more content on Hulu and Disney Plus at home.
    Last edited by luprki; 08-08-2021 at 12:28 PM.

Astonishing Member

Are you guys arguing that these companies shouldn't be streaming movies same day right now? I try to follow these arguments and I get confused. I don't think streaming is going to take over box office long term. But as of right now its the best thing these companies can do for their bottom line.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by inisideguy View Post
    Are you guys arguing that these companies shouldn't be streaming movies same day right now? I try to follow these arguments and I get confused. I don't think streaming is going to take over box office long term. But as of right now its the best thing these companies can do for their bottom line.
    It always good to have that choice, especially these days. Even without covid it will still be good to have that choice.
    And I’m confused too.

Is it. Would waiting a couple of weeks or a month improve the Box Office and still get them streaming viewers?
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Is it. Would waiting a couple of weeks or a month improve the Box Office and still get them streaming viewers?
    I mean maybe? Honestly I don't know.

Ultimate Member

The question is what is the best option for that.

Now if we are talking about a movie that cost $40 million and lower-it might not make a difference.

Now if we are talking a movie $50 million and up-it does make a difference.

Covid numbers are up in two of the larger states-Florida and Texas.

How does that hurt Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings? Venom: Let There Be Carnage?

With the bonus of the antics of the Texas governor. Where he wants kids in school no matter how many infected folks are in the schools.
    So if it gets bad here-this is a large state to not have movie theaters open and lose that money.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by luprki View Post
    I don’t know many I have to say it, but I’ll say it again.
    I always said it’s my opinion and prediction that streaming will be the dominant way we watch movies by 2026. I have never claimed this came from industry insiders. So your question doesn’t apply here.
    Plus, I have the right to post my opinions and predictions just like everyone else on this forum. If some don’t like my opinions and predictions, then so be it. Personally, other people opinions that I disagree with don’t bother me.

Now back to the subject. Chapek said this would have happened with or without covid, but covid accelerated it.
    This seems to me to mean the plan to prioritize streaming was already in the works because Disney Plus was created pre-covid and covid speeded the plan up. This is not hard to understand, Disney Plus was created to showcase it library and new original series and movies.
    I'm not debating your opinions with you. I am, however, debating with you the notion that insiders were saying before COVID streaming would uproot theaters as their top priority. Before you say you didn't post that, you did and everyone can see it. Now if you can't post anything to back up your claim, fine, but don't bring it up again.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    That's also my opinion. Which is why there will be a significant number of people who will bypass streaming and wait to purchase their own copy instead.
    The other difference is owning the physical copy means that 3 years down the road another merger or rights deal doesn't take away access to the media I bought.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post
    The other difference is owning the physical copy means that 3 years down the road another merger or rights deal doesn't take away access to the media I bought.
    Yes. As long as you keep good care of your discs, they're yours for as long as you want them.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    The question is what is the best option for that.

Now if we are talking about a movie that cost $40 million and lower-it might not make a difference.

Now if we are talking a movie $50 million and up-it does make a difference.

Covid numbers are up in two of the larger states-Florida and Texas.

How does that hurt Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings? Venom: Let There Be Carnage?

With the bonus of the antics of the Texas governor. Where he wants kids in school no matter how many infected folks are in the schools.
    So if it gets bad here-this is a large state to not have movie theaters open and lose that money.
    If things continue to get worst, it would surprise me if Shang-Chi get delayed.

Astonishing Member

Was considering seeing Suicide Squad in theaters, but I’m still don’t feel safe enough to return to movie theaters at the moment. Delta is becoming more and more of an issue and too many foolish people are still refusing vaccination. One day I’ll return to theaters.
    "I love mankind...it's people I can't stand!!"

- Charles Schultz.

BANNED

I was planning to go see Free Guy next week, but now I will wait until next month when I can watch it at home

Quote Originally Posted by luprki View Post
    I was planning to go see Free Guy next week, but now I will wait until next month when I can watch it at home
    So you see that the day and date release is pointless as Disney will get your money anyway. But by getting your money at a later point in time they will get more money out of the theatrical release as the movie won't get pirated early, people who like it enough to watch it again will actually have to pay again to see it and people won't be able to watch the movie for a ridiculously low price by account sharing.
    Tolstoy will live forever. Some people do. But that's not enough. It's not the length of a life that matters, just the depth of it. The chances we take. The paths we choose. How we go on when our hearts break. Hearts always break and so we bend with our hearts. And we sway. But in the end what matters is that we loved... and lived.