Page 154 of 156 FirstFirst ... 54104144150151152153154155156 LastLast
Results 2,296 to 2,310 of 2338

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    Heh. I could remember being happy to help my mother grocery shopping during a heatwave for the same reason. Ah, the frozen food section!

First movie I ever saw theatrically was The Godfather, but that was a drive-in. The first time I ever was in a theater was the following year in 1973 to see Charlotte's Web.
    I tried to watch The Godfather once - it bored me to sleep. Literally. And I wasn't tired or sleepy going in, no. And the worse thing is when I woke up it was still on! How long is that movie? It was a horrible experience.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    I tried to watch The Godfather once - it bored me to sleep. Literally. And I wasn't tired or sleepy going in, no. And the worse thing is when I woke up it was still on! How long is that movie? It was a horrible experience.
    I fell asleep* half way through it myself that first time, but I was only seven. I fell asleep again that same summer during Cabaret (yeah, these films weren't really for my brothers and I, but for my parents ). As for the Godfather movies, I loved them by the time I was a teen.

* I was wide awake for the famous horse's head scene!
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Who are you guys? Peter Griffin?
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

I fell asleep* half way through it myself that first time, but I was only seven. I fell asleep again that same summer during Cabaret (yeah, these films weren't really for my brothers and I, but for my parents ). As for the Godfather movies, I loved them by the time I was a teen.

* I was wide awake for the famous horse's head scene!
    I was over 20 when I tried to watch it and I can't even tell you if I was up long enough to see that scene - swear to god as I was watching I kept asking myself what happened what did I see because it bored me so much my short term memory refused to log it. I kept forgetting the scenes I just saw! It just bored me that much. Think this was back when I was...23? 23-ish at any rate.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Apparently. Man had a valid point...

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

I said I love the films and have them in my film library, but they weren't made for a second grader.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

I said I love the films and have them in my film library, but they weren't made for a second grader.
    Or for a high school graduate imo.

So just Vak thinks it insists upon itself?
    Last edited by Kirby101; 08-16-2021 at 06:22 AM.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

So just Val thinks it insists upon itself?
    Vak, not Val. And no, I'm not Peter Griffin - I just found it dull to the point of exhaustion...

https://collider.com/shang-chi-set-i...call-comments/

So Bob Chapek is wasting no time and has managed to already piss off the next MCU actor. Surprisingly Simu Liu wasn't pleased with Chapek's statement that the Shang-Chi release is an interesting experiment. That guy is a disaster for Disney.
    Last edited by chicago_bastard; 08-16-2021 at 01:23 AM.
    Tolstoy will live forever. Some people do. But that's not enough. It's not the length of a life that matters, just the depth of it. The chances we take. The paths we choose. How we go on when our hearts break. Hearts always break and so we bend with our hearts. And we sway. But in the end what matters is that we loved... and lived.

Quote Originally Posted by chicago_bastard View Post

So Bob Chapek is wasting no time and has managed to already piss off the next MCU actor. Surprisingly Simu Liu wasn't pleased with Chapek's statement that the Shang-Chi release is an interesting experiment. That guy is a disaster for Disney.
    Chapek's background is in marketing and the Theme Parks. What made them think he knew anything about making movies? The Peter Principle at work, no doubt.

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by chicago_bastard View Post

He said an experiment in terms of the forty five day window that Black Widow didn’t have, Simu appears to have taken that for something more racist. Regardless I expect however it does compared to Black Widow people will have their excuses as to why. I am mixed about Chapek myself - he’s removing the autonomy of long term contacts and overseers in favour of what sells and what masses appear to want, which could be good or bad depending on the section of Disney. That said I would hate him to erode all the good stuff Iger managed.

BANNED

Chapek's background is in marketing and the Theme Parks. What made them think he knew anything about making movies? The Peter Principle at work, no doubt.
    If his background is in marketing, one would expect him to not say that something directed to the mass market is an experiment. That's for focus groups.

Quote Originally Posted by green_garnish View Post
    If his background is in marketing, one would expect him to not say that something directed to the mass market is an experiment. That's for focus groups.
    His marketing background was in Home Video.

BANNED

His marketing background was in Home Video.
    Marketing is marketing. My point stands.