Page 20 of 156 FirstFirst ... 101617181920212223243070120 ... LastLast

Wear. A. Mask.

And maybe in two months we have this shit under better control and movies can be a reward.

Maybe...

No one wants to wear a mask for almost 2 hours straight. Its not like the mask is something that is necesarry to enhance the experience like 3D glasses. If given the choice, most people will just wait till whatever films end up on a streaming platform

Ceiling Belkar stabs you GozertheGozarian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    No one wants to wear a mask for almost 2 hours straight. Its not like the mask is something that is necesarry to enhance the experience like 3D glasses. If given the choice, most people will just wait till whatever films end up on a streaming platform
    I wear a mask eight hours a day, five days a week at work. If you can't survive two, don't go out.
    "I rhyme with tyre - And cause pollution - I think you'll find - It's the best solution: What Am I?"

"And that's the essential problem with 'Planetary' right there. When Elijah Snow says, 'The world is a strange place'... he gets Dracula, Doc Savage and Godzilla... When we say it, we get The Captain Fire-Cock Rock 'n' Roll Spectacular."
    ~ Pól Rua

Quote Originally Posted by GozertheGozarian View Post
    I wear a mask eight hours a day, five days a week at work. If you can't survive two, don't go out.
    and I wont. Wearing a mask at a movie theater for 2 hours over not wearing one in the comfort of my own home......I choose the latter.. You admit you do it for work, not leisure. Most people will not do it if given the choice of a suitable alternative

I think Havok is saying he doesn't want to sit in a theater if he has to wear a mask, not that he won't wear a mask in public.
    I don't think movies will be safe until there is a vaccine.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    I think Havok is saying he doesn't want to sit in a theater if he has to wear a mask, not that he won't wear a mask in public.
    I don't think movies will be safe until there is a vaccine.
    Yeah its uncomfortable and as someone that wears glasses its annoying as it clogs it up and makes it difficult to see. I only wear it as a necessary evil if I need to go to a store and its only on for 10-15 minutes before I get in my car and take it off

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by luprki View Post
    Tenet’s removal from the the schedule is a major blow to movie theaters. It’s going to be interesting to see what happens to Wonder Woman, Black Widow and James Bond.
    They will be moved as well. Until there's a vaccine or people start acting like a community so the cases don't keep increasing, there will not be theatrical releases.

We saw from trollz that streaming cinema isn't a viable option to recoup costs for blockbuster films. Only films with budgets of less than $100 million have a chance of making their money back. I wouldn't be surprised if all these big blockbusters get moved to mid next year because the money loss would be too high otherwise.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

I wouldn’t have a problem wearing a mask in a multiplex, in the greater scheme of things, it’s no big deal really. Besides, I still enjoy the experience of watching films on the big screen and would readily return.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Fucking LOL. It is necessary to enhance the experience of ending a literal pandemic.

Also, I wasn't talking about during the movie. I meant everywhere you go, so we stop spreading this disease and we can get back to things like watching a movie in public. Read what I wrote.

Also also, christ, they're not that big of a deal to wear. Just do it and get used to it. And if wearing a mask is that bad for you, stay inside because a ventilator is much worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Joker View Post
    Fucking LOL. It is necessary to enhance the experience of ending a literal pandemic.

Also, I wasn't talking about during the movie. I meant everywhere you go, so we stop spreading this disease and we can get back to things like watching a movie in public. Read what I wrote.

Also also, christ, they're not that big of a deal to wear. Just do it and get used to it. And if wearing a mask is that bad for you, stay inside because a ventilator is much worse.
    The mask has nothing to do with the movie. Its there to save your life. If I need to wear a mask to reduce to risk of me (or those around me from dying) then Id rather not. I can do that in the comfort of my own home. Something thats pure leisure, is not worth that risk for me again when there is a much safer alternative that works within the confines of my own comfort level

Read what you wrote? You didnt write much. This is a thread about how COVID affects the movie industry so pardon me for thinking your vague post was about movies. You should take your own advice and read what I've written as I've already stated that I have no problem wearing a mask when I'm moving about outside.
    Last edited by Havok83; 07-20-2020 at 12:57 PM.

My vague post was saying wear a mask when you're out and maybe some day in a few months we can all go to movies again. It wasn't that vague.

I’m not trying to get into an argument with you.
    Last edited by Joker; 07-20-2020 at 01:31 PM.

I believe many are not wearing masks now and not in the months past, which is what is keeping this pandemic going at a rapid pace.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    I believe many are not wearing masks now and not in the months past, which is what is keeping this pandemic going at a rapid pace.
    Good point. What if you are in a theater and someone near you isn't wearing a mask. Do you have to get up and tell the minimum wage worker to kick the person out? Will there be ushers in every theater to monitor seating and masks during the entire movie? Can I ask for a refund if I see people without masks or the sit too close to me?
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Good point. What if you are in a theater and someone near you isn't wearing a mask. Do you have to get up and tell the minimum wage worker to kick the person out? Will there be ushers in every theater to monitor seating and masks during the entire movie? Can I ask for a refund if I see people without masks or the sit too close to me?
    Yes, all good questions I have thought about.

When you get up to look for (and maybe find?) the theatre teen who can't even be bothered to look at you when you are speaking, you are missing the movie. Is that young man or woman going to risk arguing/fighting with another paying customer for you/me? I think not.

I do not believe money will be refunded either. They will tell you they cannot refund. Then they will try to reach the manager, who, lo and behold, is now off-property and not answering their phone.

To me, the only way movie theatres operate (where I will feel comfortable going back) is if they increase ventilation a lot and substantially increase the space between seats. Flat out get rid of seats so some dumbass without a mask can't come and sit within 12 feet of me or so.

Not sure how to solve the ventilation issue. But I'm sure it could be solved.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.