Page 22 of 156 FirstFirst ... 121819202122232425263272122 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member AndrewCrossett's Avatar

Well, it's been 100 years since the last time we had a pandemic like this. We can't count on another 100 years before the next one, but we can't live in eternal fear or what's the point of living at all. I certainly hope that this experience will motivate us to be very, very prepared for a potential next time... once we have, uh, new leadership at least.

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewCrossett View Post
    Well, it's been 100 years since the last time we had a pandemic like this. We can't count on another 100 years before the next one, but we can't live in eternal fear or what's the point of living at all. I certainly hope that this experience will motivate us to be very, very prepared for a potential next time... once we have, uh, new leadership at least.
    Hopefully this pandemic will not last much longer.
    Last edited by Phoenixx9; 07-22-2020 at 10:21 AM.

post deleted.
    Last edited by Kirby101; 07-22-2020 at 10:46 AM.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

The world has been turned on it's axis in a very bad way.

I do feel so bad for so many worldwide. Many poor souls have died. Many people have been hospitalized and even more sick at home. world economy and life around the world has been changed. Some say forever. but only time will tell.

Hopefully, a working vaccine will be developed in a timely fashion.
    Last edited by Phoenixx9; 07-22-2020 at 11:05 AM.

Human technology is far, far away from being able to synthesize a microbe this perfectly designed for its purpose (to kill a lot of people, but not TOO many). Anyone with a working knowledge of pathology or immunology knows that the "Chinese virus" conspiracy theory is ridiculous on its face... a fabrication of people who have a great deal of self-interest in keeping the people in terror of the Evil Others.

Post deleted.
    Last edited by Kirby101; 07-22-2020 at 10:46 AM.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Okay, so I am telling you what you said is false and is repeating a Right Wing conspiracy theory, the virus was not created in a lab. I am giving you the benefit of the doubt, please delete your post or I will alert.
    post is delete.

^^Maybe it's because I read your original post (whoa dude) but what you left makes the implication just as clear.

Not getting rid of the pandemic response team is a great start. Or, well, I guess assembling a new one. Having one at all. That would be good.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    post is delete.
    Thank you Phoenixx. I did mine as well.
    I share your concern about this pandemic. It is a devastating.
    I hope we see a vaccine by early next year.

Quote Originally Posted by Joker View Post
    Not getting rid of the pandemic response team is a great start. Or, well, I guess assembling a new one. Having one at all. That would be good.
    And not tossing away the pandemic playbook the previous administration assembled and left for them.

Astonishing Member

Once there's a vaccine, you get it, you wait a month or so to make sure it's taken effect, and you're as safe as you're ever going to be.

Considering how eager people seem to go out and party in crowds while the disease is raging, I imagine they won't have much problem doing so when it's no longer a threat.

But a lot of people are going to have PTSD over this.
    PTSD is probably going going to make some people even more ‘risky’. We already saw a ton of people go nuts at the first hint of ‘freedom’ that will totally happen again when the vaccine hits, even if everyone hasn’t got it yet. Isolation/distance isn’t good for the human psyche, there going to be more ‘acting out.’

Astonishing Member

Not 'end' but certainly minimise, if cinemas become obsolete it will be covid that pushed them out the door but streaming service that picked the lock.Cinemas would always make way for streaming services just like the once famed Walkman is now a museum piece next to today's smart phone

Once there's a vaccine, you get it, you wait a month or so to make sure it's taken effect, and you're as safe as you're ever going to be.

Considering how eager people seem to go out and party in crowds while the disease is raging, I imagine they won't have much problem doing so when it's no longer a threat.

But a lot of people are going to have PTSD over this.
    Or worse conspiracy nuts saying the vaccine is a threat

Quote Originally Posted by Maestro 216 View Post
    Or worse conspiracy nuts saying the vaccine is a threat
    The anti-vaxers might really hamper things opening up.

When the vaccine is available, the people who choose to get it will be protected. The people who choose not to get it won't.

So most of the people who get Covid-19 after that point will have chosen to get it. Unfortunate, but choices have consequences.

The rest of us can get back to living our lives.