Page 25 of 156 FirstFirst ... 152122232425262728293575125 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member AndrewCrossett's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    The fact that we still have to deal with systemic racism and the impact it has on minority groups is a pretty serious issue
    Yes. But your post quoted a statement about maskless protesters not social distancing. Was that not what you were referring to?

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewCrossett View Post
    Yes. But your post quoted a statement about maskless protesters not social distancing. Was that not what you were referring to?
    The post I quoted referenced both. The protests are a symptom of America's problems with the main problem which prompted the protests being systemic racism. This pretty much crippled social distancing efforts in June

Quote Originally Posted by regnak View Post
    The protesters broke the lockdown. They assemble in numbers that don’t just surpass the local limits they obliterate them. You cannot let some ignore the lockdown and expect others to respect it.
    The protests did not lead to more cases.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/tommybe.../#36231a597dac

https://www.economist.com/graphic-de...covid-19-cases

There was actually a fair amount of social distancing going on, combined with masks. Foreshortening in videos made it look closer than they we.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Lots of evidence that the virus spreads much more inefficiently outdoors.

And who knows, maybe we'll find out that tear gas kills coronavirus.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post

There was actually a fair amount of social distancing going on, combined with masks. Foreshortening in videos made it look closer than they we.
    The first one says a team of economists found no correlation between the protests and the spread of the virus. Economists?

The second one calls Dr. Fauci a fear-monger for saying the protests would increase the virus.

So when a bunch of conservatives protest the closing of businesses and jobs, it spreads the virus. When thousands of people gather downtown to protest systemic racism, it doesn't.

Sadly, this has been used as fodder by conservatives, the fact that nobody wants to call out people for protesting against racism in the middle of a pandemic because it's protesting against racism.

The virus doesn't care what the reason is. It just uses it to spread.
    Power with Girl is better.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post

I refuse to buy that. People were literally right on top of each other. Its no surprise that there was a massive spike in cases in the latter half of June

Unfortunately, black people did not wait until after the pandemic to keep getting murdered.

BANNED

Tenet has a new schedule
    https://variety.com/2020/film/box-of...mpression=true
    I doubt if any of this happen, but it will interesting to see how many stupid people will risk their life to see a movie that will be out on video in November.

Last edited by Kirby101; 07-27-2020 at 02:06 PM.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Tenets release is for overseas it looks like. It will come out in most countries first them america gets it a month later! Will new mutants and mulan do the same?

So we get it last. Japan has been feeling that pain for years as it could takes months after the american release to get it there. And yes tenet spoilers will be all over the place online!

Retired

How I would release TENET:

Since it's two and a half hours and movies in China have to be under two hours, I would release it in China first, cut to one hour and fifty-five minutes. Just cut off the final thirty-five minutes. This way any pirated video would be missing the ending.

Next, release it in Europe and Canada at two hours--missing the final half hour.

Next, release it in select cities in the U.S.A. at two hours and five minutes--missing the final twenty-five minutes.

Next, make the full movie available in select "IMAX®" theatres for small groups of people (no more than ten) at $100 per person--and each person has to sign a document that states they are free of COVID-19, absolve the theatre of any blame should they get sick, and swear to not divulge the ending of the movie.

When and if the pandemic is over, the full movie would be released wide.

BANNED

Warner Bro’s is trying to keep Nolan happy, but they know full well Tenet can’t open in theaters this year. In most countries theaters remain closed. It’s odd that WB announced this schedule when they know it can’t be done.

Ceiling Belkar stabs you GozertheGozarian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    How I would release TENET:

Since it's two and a half hours and movies in China have to be under two hours, I would release it in China first, cut to one hour and fifty-five minutes. Just cut off the final thirty-five minutes. This way any pirated video would be missing the ending.

Next, release it in Europe and Canada at two hours--missing the final half hour.

Next, release it in select cities in the U.S.A. at two hours and five minutes--missing the final twenty-five minutes.

Next, make the full movie available in select "IMAX®" theatres for small groups of people (no more than ten) at $100 per person--and each person has to sign a document that states they are free of COVID-19, absolve the theatre of any blame should they get sick, and swear to not divulge the ending of the movie.

When and if the pandemic is over, the full movie would be released wide.
    Bad word of mouth would instantly kill any profit the movie might make.
    "I rhyme with tyre - And cause pollution - I think you'll find - It's the best solution: What Am I?"

"And that's the essential problem with 'Planetary' right there. When Elijah Snow says, 'The world is a strange place'... he gets Dracula, Doc Savage and Godzilla... When we say it, we get The Captain Fire-Cock Rock 'n' Roll Spectacular."
    ~ Pól Rua

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    I refuse to buy that. People were literally right on top of each other. Its no surprise that there was a massive spike in cases in the latter half of June
    If you read the studies, the summary was that the protests likely did increase the spread of coronavirus. However, the resulting curfews and unrest around town made everyone else stay home resulted in the overall number of cases not going up in those cities in most cases.

Retired

Quote Originally Posted by GozertheGozarian View Post
    Bad word of mouth would instantly kill any profit the movie might make.
    Why do you assume TENET will get bad word of mouth?