Page 49 of 156 FirstFirst ... 394546474849505152535999149 ... LastLast

I had a thought about this when I was watching a streaming concert. I think people are really yearning for live performances. When the pandemic ends I think people will flock to concerts and plays. I think there will be a massive audience ready for live acts.
    But with movies, who knows? So what I think will happen is people will go to movies when they open up. But, having become accustom to streaming they will either find that they really missed the theater experience and are glad it is back, or they will find themselves not enjoying the big cinema experience as much as they once did and return to mostly streaming. I think there will initially be a surge back to the movie theater, and then that will shape people's mind about continuing to go or not.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Retired

The best theatrical experience I remember is from my youth. If we could have that back then maybe it would be worth the time and money.

Whenever our family went to the movies, it was a special occasion. You would arrive at the cinema and father would get the tickets, from someone in a gold and mother of pearl embossed booth, behind a glass window. You'd enter the plush lobby and father would get the popcorn and drinks, while mother wrangled their five children--Jimmy! don't touch that, Jimmy come here, don't run off! Then someone, your usher in a clean bright military-style uniform, would greet your party as you entered through the quilted doors into the theatre. The usher had a flashlight, as the houselights were down and all was pitch dark inside--only that bright beam could guide you. Father, mother and their five young charges would follow the usher as they scoped out the perfect spot for you to land. There, three rows back from the screen, four seats, Jimmy would have to sit on father's lap and father invariably would fall asleep during the short feature, before the main feature had even begun.

There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Tomorrow is the big disney meeting. What will disney do? With the bloodbath wb is getting right now in hollywood would they copy them?

Will black widow go to disney plus as it's holding up falcon and the other mcu movies and shows or will they wait? Will jungle cruise get dumped to plus and will they announce the new star wars film?

We will find out tomorrow!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    From the hbo max thread---

So not only the directors guild but the actors and writers guild may ban wb if they put the films on hbo max also!

So if this happens no actors, writers or directors in the guild working for wb!

Some people has always resisted progress and change. This is another example.

Fantastic Member

just one question who's making and giving clearance this halfbaked executions? ( the intented sell of the videogame branch, DC "restructuring" also spring to mind this half attemp at streaming that screams breach of contract and LAWsuits)

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by LordLeviathan View Post
    just one question who's making and giving clearance this halfbaked executions? ( the intented sell of the videogame branch, DC "restructuring" also spring to mind this half attemp at streaming that screams breach of contract and LAWsuits)
    The answer is AT&T.
    "I love mankind...it's people I can't stand!!"

- Charles Schultz.

Quote Originally Posted by luprki View Post
    Some people has always resisted progress and change. This is another example.
    "Maybe progress should lose for once."
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Quote Originally Posted by DanMad1977 View Post
    So less budget for movies in the future means more crappy cgi and worse actors? I know a movie doesn't need to be expensive to be good, but a James Bond movie with a low budget means they have to reduce costs, and that mostly shows in the cgi department or the environment.
    I'm not talking about special effects CGI but simply using virtual actors. That isn't anywhere near expensive. As far back as 1987 the movie Rendezvous in Montreal stared the Late Humphry Bogart and Marilyn Munroe as digital recreations.
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rendez-vous_in_Montreal

In that type of thing they have to pay royalties for using the likeness but if a movie was made purely virtually created actors the costs would be almost non existent. That movie was made by 12 people, the CGI was a far cry from what it is today but using todays capability to simply create a digital product on a computer that has zero costs of sets, costumes, locations (and transport to them) and doesn't need to pay actors, cameramen, sound crew, or have any of the equipment required for these things.

Currently it's hard to get a production team to an area suitable to film a movie. The costs of transport are higher as there is less travel happening so the normal volume doesn't lower the cost. If movie studios dont start trying to get something out there to fill the demand void someone will. Of the market accepts and is satisfied with that replacement then the movie industry might never recover to the same level, or might decide to adopt this new cheaper way of doing things.

https://youtu.be/iHaEJ7Qslds

Perfect example of what I'm talking about

https://celluloidjunkie.com/wire/cin...e-to-covid-19/ 32 billion lost this YEAR. Essentially 2019 has been lost because of this.

Christopher Nolan is overreacting. I was disappointed with his behaviour in the summer over Tenet. Did he know a pandemic was going on? He was too obsessed with making sure his film went to theatres. Tenet is to blame for the current mess.

Disney will release raya and the lost dragon for $30 same day as theatre release confirmed in meeting. Not all theatre films will do this but raya will.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    Disney will release raya and the lost dragon for $30 same day as theatre release confirmed in meeting. Not all theatre films will do this but raya will.
    I think that's a fair compromise. Not sure about the thirty buck thing, but if people can wait to see it at no extra charge to their membership, no harm.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)