Page 51 of 156 FirstFirst ... 4147484950515253545561101151 ... LastLast

Can't say i miss theaters all that much for being honest.

I would say that without them maybe a movie release would be a bit less of a big event but i sure as hell can deal with that lol. Big tv, a comfortable couch, some good pals, doesn't sound too bad to me.

As i posted on the other topic--

Japan box office is breaking records right now in a virus! They have a movie that just beat titanic and all imax records in japan and is on the verge of making highest grossing movie of all time in japan! They are going to the movies over and over again to see it! Box office is so well they are adding movies that were delayed back up again!

Drive ins have been sold out for half a year! People still want to go to the movies! After stuck at home for a year you don't think people are going to want to get out of the house?

Movies are a family night out or parents getting a night away from the kids or going on a date.

It's also going to big films like endgame and having reactions with everyone there! You can't get that on your chair at home.

Japan shows people will go to the movies again when this is over but if the studios do dumb things like wb did and stab everyone who worked for them in the back it's not going to help next year!

Big movies like ghostbusters afterlife, venom 2 and disney animated films will help bring them back when things are all over next year!

It beat spirited away! It's the highest grossing film in japan history during a virus!

To wit: Japan’s Demon Slayer The Movie: Mugen Train has perhaps become the story of the year. A runaway success across this period, and in its 9th weekend, it is now estimated to have crossed $310M worldwide (largely from the home market, but also including Taiwan, Hong Kong, Singapore and Vietnam). The movie is days away from becoming the top-grossing film of all time in Japan, overtaking Hayao Miyazaki’s 2010 Spirited Away. Think about that for a minute: It has taken 19 years to reach this level, and was done so during a pandemic.
    https://deadline.com/2020/12/demon-s...ce-1234655693/

But movies are dead and no one will ever go to the movies. Japan proves that's wrong!
    Last edited by Gaastra; 12-13-2020 at 05:27 PM.

i can't say i mind if it does. Personally i wish all movies released on streaming as the same time as theatres because while i love movies i have always hated going to the movie theatre.

Also 30 dollars isn't that much for mulan or a streaming when you can invite over 5-7 people and already saved money on tickets and food.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

It's crazy how well that movie is doing in japan.
    Last edited by Gaastra; 12-13-2020 at 06:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    i can't say i mind if it does. Personally i wish all movies released on streaming as the same time as theatres because while i love movies i have always hated going to the movie theatre.

Also 30 dollars isn't that much for mulan or a streaming when you can invite over 5-7 people and already saved money on tickets and food.
    They charge 30 bucks for Mulan?

Oh Mickey, you dared to try and people are just asking for more. You gotta respect a good con artist.

Quote Originally Posted by Starter Set View Post
    They charge 30 bucks for Mulan?

Oh Mickey, you dared to try and people are just asking for more. You gotta respect a good con artist.

10characters
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    It's crazy how well that movie is doing in japan.
    Why talk about Japan without fully explaining the situation. Japan didn't have a lockdown. It is completely different culture from the US, Japan has a "polite" society thing. The street can be empty and they won't cross until the light to cross comes up. Asian countries wear their masks, It was common pre covid for someone to wear a mask not pass their mild sickness/germs to someone else. The government doesn't have to force them to vaccines either their system is voluntary. Mentioning how well movies are doing in Japan and saying it is sign how movies will bounce back is misleading. 2,487 people in total have died from Covid in Japan from a population of 127 million. For a US example Florida has a population 21 million and 19,865 deaths

Stuff is not going to bounce back like Japan,In fact it is hard to say if they even had a covid crisis. But in the US we did have one and people still refuse to wear mask AND will refuse to get vaccines. The people who didn't want to be forced to wear mask don't strike me as people who will want the vaccine. You tell me what is going to happen when a bunch of people who don't wear mask and don't believe in vaccine group up together? It is going to be a while before people feel safe and that is going to affect the bottom line of theaters and other events. It does not mean people won't see movies as mention there is very large group who didn't care about covid and still met up in large groups. It does means nobody should expect any movie to have long legs in this market. Movies should expect decent numbers when things reopen in the US. They are going to be a lot of people who stay away for awhile it is going to take awhile to fully recover and that is going to hurt theaters.
    Last edited by Killerbee911; 12-14-2020 at 05:32 AM.

. Japan didn't have a lockdown.
    Tell that to japan go and other youtubers who did videos about getting stuck in their homes for months with everything closed. Even disney world shut down there! Even in the nintendo smash bros direct the maker of smash said he was stuck at home!

They still have rules in place like only half the movies are full and the city shuts for a few days down if the spike goes to high! With that said they handled the virus better and wore masks and are in much better shape then america and are able to walk around and do more normal things.

Astonishing Member AndrewCrossett's Avatar

It is a mistake to equate American and Japanese society though, in things like "Japanese people wear masks out all the time, why is it so hard for Americans?" Japan has a collectivist society going back thousands of years. Westerners have an individualist society going back thousands of years. Each of those approaches has advantages and disadvantages. Unfortunately for us, when dealing with a pandemic it's a lot better to be collectivist than individualist.

Remember that spending spree amc went on last year buying carmike, (i miss our carmike!) making fancy theatres with steal meals and other high price spending they did last year?

It has come back to bite them! Unless someone like amazon buys them or they get saved by the government they are not looking good!

https://www.newsbreak.com/news/21233...oke-in-january

Not so fast says spirited away! They rereleased spirited away in japan and it put it back in first by a good number!

Demon slayer says "curses foiled again!"

https://variety.com/2020/film/asia/t...ay-1234853839/

Get New Zealand in here! There doing great, too!

Look, people will go back to the movies, but it's going to be at least 6 months before that's a safe thing to do. At least.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    Dune director confirms all the directors of the 16 movies wb plans to release on hbo max next year have got together and had a meeting about wb!
    Unfortunately, they can’t do anything about it.

They can not work with Warner Media anymore. The notion that the content creators have no sway is the same reason Warner made this decision without even telling them their plans.

They think they're in a bad place now, wait until top name talent don't want to work with them.