Page 52 of 156 FirstFirst ... 24248495051525354555662102152 ... LastLast
    Retired

But Warner Media is owned by one of the richest companies in the world. They can afford not to care.

Disney might be a highly successful entertainment group, but I don't think it's even in the top 100 of the world's richest companies--unless it's owned by a larger company I don't know about like Exxon Mobil or Walmart.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    But Warner Media is owned by one of the richest companies in the world. They can afford not to care.

Disney might be a highly successful entertainment group, but I don't think it's even in the top 100 of the world's richest companies--unless it's owned by a larger company I don't know about like Exxon Mobil or Walmart.
    One guy's take...

They will not stay in a position to be able not to care if they insist on becoming the most "Hot Garbage..." option for creators/talent.

Not really. Warner was purchased to be profitable for ALOT of money. AT&T ultimately wants a return on that investment. It does them no good if WB flops and starts hemorrhaging money. They are taking a big risk which may or may not pan out but it'll be awhile before thats determined

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Not really. Warner was purchased to be profitable for ALOT of money. AT&T ultimately wants a return on that investment. It does them no good if WB flops and starts hemorrhaging money. They are taking a big risk which may or may not pan out but it'll be awhile before thats determined
    Exactly.

While they have the money behind them not to care on paper?

There are no scenarios where doing so makes any kind of sense.

Quote Originally Posted by luprki View Post
    Unfortunately, they can’t do anything about it.
    Unless you actually have the contract in front of you, why should we actually believe that?

The only scenario where anything like this would be would involve a deal where partners did not sign contracts which contained a "Theater..." exclusive release and run in theaters.

If that was not the case, why would they have compensated the folks involved in the "Wonder Woman..." film?

We'll have to see if the studios that Warner screwed over have a legal case or if it's just public opinion, much less if they can generate some kind of boycott that will be effective to get Warner to back down and/or offer the appropriate compensation for the decision they made.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Criuse rants after crew members not doing virus rules on set and goes off!

Another classic tom rant but you can just feel how frustrated he is with everything going on in hollywood and the virus hurting hollywood!

Also him standing up for peoples jobs.

https://deadline.com/2020/12/tom-cru...et-1234657174/

https://www.the-sun.com/entertainmen...-impossible-2/

Crazy times!
    Last edited by Gaastra; 12-16-2020 at 07:24 PM.

It's disgraceful that we still have people who are willing to put others at risk since they don't want to follow the rules.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Good for Cruise!

Warner Media can not care, I guess. That'd be fucking dumb, but they clearly aren't making sound decisions right now. Their film devision, however, is going to take a big hit when none of the top talent will work with them.

If the top people who did work with you won't anymore, and everyone knows why, you're not going to attract any talent except the people who can't get a deal going anywhere else. That's not going to turn in to many big hit movies.

Like, I don't give a **** how rich you are, if you're in a content business, and you don't have quality content... or just no content? Good luck!

Deadline just released this article on the head of wb and at&t. It's--not very nice!

https://deadline.com/2020/12/bill-me...rm-1234657055/

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    Criuse rants after crew members not doing virus rules on set and goes off!

Another classic tom rant but you can just feel how frustrated he is with everything going on in hollywood and the virus hurting hollywood!

Also him standing up for peoples jobs.

https://deadline.com/2020/12/tom-cru...et-1234657174/

https://www.the-sun.com/entertainmen...-impossible-2/

Crazy times!
    This may be the one time we get a story of an actor going off on a rant on set- and I'm 100% behind the actor.

Astonishing Member

Tom Hanks gives his thoughts on whether movie theaters can survive the pandemic.

"I love mankind...it's people I can't stand!!"

- Charles Schultz.

Movie chains response to wb. Any wb film put on max will be only $3 to $5 a ticket AND the movie chains keep 80% of all ticket profits!

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    Movie chains response to wb. Any wb film put on max will be only $3 to $5 a ticket AND the movie chains keep 80% of all ticket profits!

So imo this doesn't make a whole lot of sense unless the theaters are trying to push WB out completely and go all in with the other studios. If that happens, then that kills WB imo because it pushes talent and investment towards the other competitors because not only is there a better payday at the moment but also its probably about principle and respect which WB has not shown to anyone so they shouldn't expect it in return anymore.