Page 59 of 156 FirstFirst ... 94955565758596061626369109 ... LastLast

Well there is the amc/ gamestop stock crazyness going on right now as well.

Also looks like japan only dropped 40% last year over most parts of the world dropping 60 to 90% thanks to demon slayer the movie, pokemon and doreamon! Anime saves the day again in japan! Looks like the movie chains will be fine there. Also note japan is not as in to digital movies as much also! They still have video stores that rent movies, music cds and mangas (yes rent mangas!) there! They do have netfilx and disney plus however.

Japan is now the 3rd biggest movie country in the world behind usa and china who passed usa.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/ne...illion-in-2020

Speaking of demon slayer, it and pixars soul have singlehandedly helped koreas box office!

Together they lifted nationwide theatrical revenues by 30% compared with the previous, dismal session.

https://variety.com/2021/film/asia/s...nd-1234897024/

Thanks to the amc gamestop stock madness amc has now erased ALL it's debt! It is not only debt free they can be fine tell later next year if movies don't open at all this year!

AMC has been saved!

Crazy!

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/amc-w...134522654.html

Retired

Why, when regular folks manipulate the stock, is it crazy, madness? But when it's brokers, then it's smart, savvy?

I said crazy due to people making a big deal over it and not saying what i think of it. I don't care about stocks at all but it did save amc from dying so i'm reporting it!

Ceiling Belkar stabs you GozertheGozarian's Avatar

And when the craze ends, the stock price will plummet and AMC will be in more debt than it started.
    "I rhyme with tyre - And cause pollution - I think you'll find - It's the best solution: What Am I?"

"And that's the essential problem with 'Planetary' right there. When Elijah Snow says, 'The world is a strange place'... he gets Dracula, Doc Savage and Godzilla... When we say it, we get The Captain Fire-Cock Rock 'n' Roll Spectacular."
    ~ Pól Rua

Nope. AMC sold stocks to pay it off so they will still be fine! Now they just need to worry about this year and the virus.

Yeah AMC went from $3 to $4 a share to almost $20, if they took advantage of the high they made a killing.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    Why, when regular folks manipulate the stock, is it crazy, madness? But when it's brokers, then it's smart, savvy?
    Well that's not entirely true, as a recollection of junk bonds will testify.

However, this is crazy because it has nothing to do with business success, which brokers generally - generally - don't do. Both Gamestop and AMC have reported no change in their business earnings or effect on the economy.

Retired

I guess I'm just super-aware of how language is used to push a point of view. The actual explanation of what's going on is really boring and hard to follow--so it's easier for news sources to sexy it up and call it insane, wild, crazy. As if everyone's at Studio 54 snorting coke off Madonna's cone bra.

Mighty Member

I guess I'm just super-aware of how language is used to push a point of view. The actual explanation of what's going on is really boring and hard to follow--so it's easier for news sources to sexy it up and call it insane, wild, crazy. As if everyone's at Studio 54 snorting coke off Madonna's cone bra.
    The elites want the commoners to know their place.

BANNED

I'd clarify by saying that the actual explanation is really easy to follow...But immensely boring. It's the DC insurrection without anyone leaving their home. A few people, who ultimately will be meaningless, are trying to lift a finger to forces they don't understand or even really care about.they have no understanding about what they are doing or why. They're just dogs chasing a car.

But there isn't a good way to show it on CNN, so I'd suggest reading The Post myself.

John talks more about it here.

Retired

I never watch Campea. "Charts with Dan" covered this--starts at about 11:30--

Astonishing Member

Dan has already been on-point in his analysis. He’s one of the few You Tubers with a firm understanding on how the business works.
    "I love mankind...it's people I can't stand!!"

- Charles Schultz.