Page 6 of 156 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656106 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by OpaqueGiraffe17 View Post
    Movie theater is my favorite place to watch something. I am horrible at watching things at home. I always press pause, play on my phone. Ends up taking me all day to watch anything. But at the movie theater, keep my phone off like they tells ya to in the previews, and watch the whole thing in one go. Plus I love the atmosphere of the movie theater and obviously the giant screen.
    Hope they don’t go anywhere anytime soon.
    I'm the opposite. I hate going to the theater for a number of reasons. At home, if my lower back is bothering me, I have a chair I know is comfortable and I can just pause the movie and lie down. I can pause it and use the restroom. I can shut it off and go to sleep. And all of this without the hassle of getting to the theater and home again. Oh, and snacks don't cost more than the movie at home.

But, that said, once this is over with, I think the theaters that survive this situation will do just fine. There may be a slump or time to recover but they will. Of course, everything becomes more unlikely the longer this goes on.
    Power with Girl is better.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    People will not be going to movie theaters for a long time. It might be 5 to 6 months before theaters open again. In the meantime they will be getting their movie entertainment at home, from cable and streaming new films. I see one of three possibilities. 1) It all goes back to normal, with the number of movies and attendance back to pre-virus numbers. 2) People learn a different behavior and prefer to watch things at home, dropping the attendance at Cinemas. or 3) There is a great pent up demand, and people flock to the theater when this is over.
    Other factors are how many theaters are left in business and how many people have jobs to afford to buy a ticket.
    I like going to the movies. Apart from the cinematography, acoustics and atmosphere. I find that I concentrate better and don't have the temptation to get up or turn it off it it even gets slightly boring. I remember making it a point to see a few films in theaters for that very reason. Also the theater near my house has reasonable prices, so I don't mind going frequently. Theaters just provide a better immersive experience.

I don't really think so. I think when this is all done and over people will want to get out of their houses.
    The Gypsies had no home. The Doors had no bass.

Does our reality determine our fiction or does our fiction determine our reality?

Whenever the question comes up about who some mysterious person is or who is behind something the answer will always be Frank Stallone.

"This isn't a locking the barn doors after the horses ran way situation this is a burn the barn down after the horses ran away situation."

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by mr_crisp View Post
    I don't really think so. I think when this is all done and over people will want to get out of their houses.
    Yes I saw the other day where calls to suicide prevention hotlines are skyrocketing during this lockdown. People will be desperate to get back to normal.

Things probably aren't going back to normal anytime soon I've seen any were from 6 months to 3 years one DR was saying 10 years so the real question is can they survive that long?

China looking to hollywood to restart the movie chains there asking for the big blockbusters to rerelease.

Hollywood hurting said yes.

Due to this all four avengers films, avatar, inception, wondering earth, intersteller and studio ghibili's spirited away will battle each other at the china box office!

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/ne...inemas-1286421

This could give Hollywood a much needed boost.
    It also means the battle between endgame and avatar is back and avator could beat endgame to take back first place or endgame could stop it!

Also spirited away was first in japan for a decade before your name beat it could jump up in the world wide charts also.

Astonishing Member AndrewCrossett's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    China looking to hollywood to restart the movie chains there asking for the big blockbusters to rerelease.
    Oops... never mind.

I know I won't be going to a theater for at least a year, but I honestly only went maybe a handful of times a year. There are really only certain types of movies that require theatrical releases... the blockbuster types with heavy special effects or some kids movies.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

I personally think the theater experience to be overrated. I prefer to watch movies from home as I don't have to deal with obnoxious assholes. I only go to theaters for movies I really want to see ASAP. Otherwise I wait for streaming.

Quote Originally Posted by mr_crisp View Post
    That's a very good point. I'm in grocery so I'm still working but had two days off and was jonesing to get out of the house today. I think the restaurants that survive along with the theaters that survive will be flooded with more people than ever once they feel this is reasonably over with. The fact that it might happen again to some degree will only make them want to get out in the world while they can.
    Power with Girl is better.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post

Hollywood hurting said yes.

Due to this all four avengers films, avatar, inception, wondering earth, intersteller and studio ghibili's spirited away will battle each other at the china box office!

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/ne...inemas-1286421

This could give Hollywood a much needed boost.
    It also means the battle between endgame and avatar is back and avator could beat endgame to take back first place or endgame could stop it!

Also spirited away was first in japan for a decade before your name beat it could jump up in the world wide charts also.
    China is closing down theaters again!

https://deadline.com/2020/03/china-o...de-1202894103/

This plague could last longer than a year. Its not getting better for now.

Quote Originally Posted by Powerboy View Post
    The fact that it might happen again to some degree will only make them want to get out in the world while they can.
    Which will only make it "happen again" sooner.

Astonishing Member AndrewCrossett's Avatar

I think even the health care experts agree that the lockdowns are going to come in waves. It's just not possible to keep people confined to their homes for 12-18 months. You'd literally risk a catastrophic breakdown of society.

If only there had been some way to have be warned early, prepare for this and minimize the threat. *shrugs*