Page 64 of 156 FirstFirst ... 145460616263646566676874114 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    We all are doing "predictions", My main prediction is that Movies are going to premier in Theaters and on steaming at the same time. I am predicting that is going to hurt the movie industry enough to change how the market works. I don't think theaters have the leverage to bully Disney or other studios away from messing with exclusivity windows. Maybe we are having a convo about nothing maybe 30 dollars early rentals at home and cheap tickets in movie theaters can coexist.
    Fair enough.

My prediction is very different, very exactly what it was pre-covid.

My local indi theater re-opens tomorrow. AMCs have mostly re-opened in NYC. And Regals start to open next week. 25 % I believe.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

BANNED

My prediction is movie theaters will never go back to pre-covid times. Streaming is now giving people the choice to stay at home or go to a theater. This will cut theaters attendance in half, meaning a lot of theaters will be forced to closed.
    What some don’t realize is streaming is about monthly subscribers. Disney+, HBO MAX, Paramount +, Peacock is not about one particular movie profit, it’s about overall subscriptions and overall profit.
    Technology has always change the way we enjoy entertainment or talk on the phone or even studying for a test. Accepting change can be difficult for some, but that not going to stop change. This theater to streaming change is happening before our eyes and there is no turning back.
    Last edited by luprki; 03-26-2021 at 12:37 PM.

Never heard of them but riviera theatres are reopening also.

https://www.wivb.com/news/local-news...s-on-march-29/

GVK pulls $21.5 million on friday in china!

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/ne...ith-20m-friday

Off to a good start.

Quote Originally Posted by luprki View Post
    My prediction is movie theaters will never go back to pre-covid times. Streaming is now giving people the choice to stay at home or go to a theater. This will cut theaters attendance in half, meaning a lot of theaters will be forced to closed.
    What some don’t realize is streaming is about monthly subscribers. Disney+, HBO MAX, Paramount +, Peacock is not about one particular movie profit, it’s about overall subscriptions and overall profit.
    Technology has always change the way we enjoy entertainment or talk on the phone or even studying for a test. Accepting change can be difficult for some, but that not going to stop change. This theater to streaming change is happening before our eyes and there is no turning back.
    Literally everyone gets that about streaming.

Doesn't make it into a magic want that will change how actual reality will unfold.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post

Doesn't make it into a magic want that will change how actual reality will unfold.
    What people don’t understand is that a lot of people cannot afford all the streaming services to see all the movies they want. And others rightly see it as a waste of money.

Quote Originally Posted by regnak View Post
    What people don’t understand is that a lot of people cannot afford all the streaming services to see all the movies they want. And others rightly see it as a waste of money.
    Exactly.

Folks who want to tell everyone how streaming is just about to bury theaters almost always seem like they are using a "Best Case Scenario..." streaming versus "Worst Case Scenario..." theaters equation.

The most likely reality will probably not look anything like that.

Lots of potential hitches in how streaming will unfold, and theaters are already almost completely sorted out when it comes to being able to pick right back up where they left off.

As for this...

Serious question...

Can you actually give us the data that points to that, or are you just basing that prediction on nothing?

The idea that any of us can predict exactly what people will do is just totally unfounded.

You just had a bunch of people trying to have a normal "Pre-Covid..." spring break that points to that your prediction probably isn't even "Really..." likely.

Ultimate Member

And how much stuff on those services I can get for FREE on Tubi tv, youtube or tv channel or DVD/Blue Ray?

And just like before Covid-

Not every community has a movie theater nor do all those theaters show every movie.

The WORST streaming will be is a WEAPON towards certain movies used by theaters to thin out what they don't want.

While Batman or Superman wouldn't suffer from it.

Cyborg would. Proud Mary would.

It would be easier to get movies out of theaters quicker.

BANNED

What you are not getting is monthly subscriptions is “the gift that keeps on giving” month after month after month after month

As for this...

Serious question...

Can you actually give us the data that points to that, or are you just basing that prediction on nothing?

The idea that any of us can predict exactly what people will do is just totally unfounded.

You just had a bunch of people trying to have a normal "Pre-Covid..." spring break that points to that your prediction probably isn't even "Really..." likely.
    Where’s your data?

Astonishing Member

And in addition to the maskholes trying to do everything the same pre-pandemic if given 1/4 of a chance, a lot of sensible people driving businesses down by staying home would be first to inform and vaccinate themselves and then support escape businesses like theaters, who have to also continue to follow safety guidelines.

What you are not getting is monthly subscriptions is “the gift that keeps on giving” month after month after month after month

If folks actually maintain a subscription.

Again, you have pointed to right around "Zero..." data that points to that folks will...

- Subscribe To Disney+ For The First Time And Pay Thirty Bucks To See Black Widow.

- Maintain That Subscription After They Have Seen Black Widow.

Where’s your data?
    For starters...

Asking someone where there data is?

It does magically create data to support your prediction that movie theaters never get back to "Pre-Covid..." levels/Theater Attendance Will Be Cut In Half/Lots Of Theaters Will Be Forced To Close Based On That.

As for "My..." data?

Right now in Illinois Covid is on a slight upswing as things open back up. Tonight, I drove past the Cinemark theater that is about two miles from me.

The lot was two-thirds of the way full.

That data does not point to that theaters are going to be forced to close down.

Past that?

Regal literally just announced that they are opening back up for business.

https://www.npr.org/2021/03/23/98034...aters-in-april

Regal Cinemas To Reopen Its Theaters In April

Streaming isn't exactly new, and yet until covid theaters were still doing great. Streaming is, in a lot of ways, a lot like television. Theaters survived tv too.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Streaming isn't exactly new, and yet until covid theaters were still doing great. Streaming is, in a lot of ways, a lot like television. Theaters survived tv too.
    You've also just got to ignore a lot to try to create a legitimate "Apples..."/"Apples..." situation where streaming is directly competing on all fronts with streaming.

Nobody was just released. What streaming service is competing with that to try to leave theaters even hall full(never mind having to close down...)?

Answer?

There is not one. The film's ads very clearly say "In Theaters Only..."

You've also just got to ignore a lot to try to create a legitimate "Apples..."/"Apples..." situation where streaming is directly competing on all fronts with streaming.

Nobody was just released. What streaming service is competing with that to try to leave theaters even hall full(never mind having to close down...)?

Answer?

There is not one. The film's ads very clearly say "In Theaters Only..."
    I think the belief is that all movies will become same day streaming releases even after covid is over. Why anyone thinks Disney and WB will do that forevermore is beyond my guess...