Page 84 of 156 FirstFirst ... 347480818283848586878894134 ... LastLast
Results 1,246 to 1,260 of 2338
    BANNED

Interesting and true comments from Tom Hanks from December 2020. Basically he is saying the theaters are only going to be for blockbusters, which I agree.
    I think because it not a lot of blockbusters, the theaters will have to charge $30-$50 a movie to stay in business.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=wtOqudSaVpA&feature=share
    Last edited by luprki; 05-18-2021 at 12:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by luprki View Post
    1. The amount of actual dollars profit is less important than the ROI.

2. No one expects any streaming business to make money on day one, it takes time to to build subscribers, this is true with any monthly subscriptions business.

3. No one has disputed Disney+ and HBOMAX lack of profit.

4. Theatrical releases are a different model from streaming. Theatrical relays on box office sales, where streaming relays on monthly subscriptions. Once these studios streaming services build enough subscriptions, they won’t have a need for theatre releases.

5. The blue is trending down, because less people are going to the movies. The orange line is trend up only because ticket prices is increasing faster than the inflation rate. But it’s the blue that telling us that more and more people are staying away from the theaters and the average is going down each year since 2002, well before the pandemic.

6. Don’t get gross mixup with net. A movie will gross more at the box office than streaming, however it’s the net that counts. A stream movie will net more than a theatrical releases.
    This post is so bad. I could just copy my earlier post because it has already debunked the stuff you now write again. As you obviously can't be bothered to react to things people told you I'll end this discussion now since you clearly aren't able to back up any of your claims. Just shouting out one's opinion without backing it up is rather tiresome and not exactly what defines a discussion.
    Tolstoy will live forever. Some people do. But that's not enough. It's not the length of a life that matters, just the depth of it. The chances we take. The paths we choose. How we go on when our hearts break. Hearts always break and so we bend with our hearts. And we sway. But in the end what matters is that we loved... and lived.

Interesting and true comments from Tom Hanks from December 2020. Basically he is saying the theaters are only going to be for blockbusters, which I agree.
    I think because it not a lot of blockbusters, the theaters will have to charge $30-$50 a movie to stay in business.

"I Think..." does not equal "Will Actually Come To Pass..."

Past that?

Too much of what he had to say had that "Get Off My Lawn!!..." feel for me to take it all that seriously.

Really? Do you...do you not know how many blockbusters there are? Like yearly? I'm not looking at any numbers, but just as a guy who watches some movies it feels like 5-ish times more than the 90s....

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by chicago_bastard View Post
    This post is so bad. I could just copy my earlier post because it has already debunked the stuff you now write again. As you obviously can't be bothered to react to things people told you I'll end this discussion now since you clearly aren't able to back up any of your claims. Just shouting out one's opinion without backing it up is rather tiresome and not exactly what defines a discussion.
    I’m here giving my opinion, I’m not here to react to every wrong thing you post.

Astonishing Member

I’m here giving my opinion
    You're entitled to your opinion, just like we are to not care for it a bit. In case you haven't gotten the hint yet.

, I’m not here to react to every wrong thing you post.
    But you're not entitled to play your opinion as immovable fact.

What exactly did he say that was wrong.

Link his posts first, and then sources, if you want to be taken seriously.

BANNED

AMC theaters likely to file for bankruptcy or go belly-up in 2023, because of a billion dollar lose and heavy debt.
    https://www.fool.com/investing/2021/...t-go-bankrupt/
    Last edited by luprki; 05-18-2021 at 09:12 PM.

How far should you drive to see a movie? The closest theater to me is 17 miles.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    How far should you drive to see a movie? The closest theater to me is 17 miles.
    Less than 10 miles, 5 miles would be preferable, anything over 15 miles is too long unless you have a hot date.

Retired

MOVIE MAGG
    (Carl Perkins)

Now let me take you to the movies Magg
    So I can hold your hand
    Oh, it ain't that I don't like your house
    It's just that doggone man

And that double barrel behind the door
    It waits for Carl I know
    Oh, climb upon ol' Becky's back
    And let's ride to the picture show

I only see her once a week
    And that's when my work is through
    I break new ground the whole week long
    With my mind set straight on you

And I've polished up my ol' horse Becky
    And she looks good I know
    So climb upon ol' Becky's back

Oh, I slick myself for Saturday night
    'Cause there's one thing I know
    I'm a gonna take my Maggie dear
    To a Western picture show

Now won't you let me take you to the show
    So I can hold your hand
    Oh, it ain't that I don't like your house
    It's just that doggone man

And that double barrel behind the door
    Lord, it waits for me I know
    So climb upon ol' Becky's back

poll.jpg

A poll that asked if consumers want to see some of the upcoming movies in theaters or at home. The survey was made April 28, so with more people vaccinated since then the numbers should even improve until these movies start.

Unsurprisingly a clear majority still want to see action movies in a theater whereas family movies will have a harder time at the box office.
    Tolstoy will live forever. Some people do. But that's not enough. It's not the length of a life that matters, just the depth of it. The chances we take. The paths we choose. How we go on when our hearts break. Hearts always break and so we bend with our hearts. And we sway. But in the end what matters is that we loved... and lived.

Retired

Well, the two movies I would like to see in theatres are A QUIET PLACE II and THE SUICIDE SQUAD (funny the poll says SUICIDE SQUAD which would mean it's the 2016 movie). Not on the poll, but if they release the Peter Jackson cut of LET IT BE, I would really want to see that in a theatre (with a good sound system).

Quote Originally Posted by chicago_bastard View Post

Unsurprisingly a clear majority still want to see action movies in a theater whereas family movies will have a harder time at the box office.
    That might not have anything do with safety and just the fact having to pay for a family to go the movies. It is hard to imagine anyone paying for multiple people to go movie being that excited about going to movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    That might not have anything do with safety and just the fact having to pay for a family to go the movies. It is hard to imagine anyone paying for multiple people to go movie being that excited about going to movie.
    I don't think that's quite it - a lot of these action films are movies the whole family go to see. All the MCU movies the theaters are packed with families with kids. Same with all Jurassic World movies. Even the non-R type DCEU movies like Aquaman. Families come out for a lot of action films, not just for "family" movies.

What one guy suspects?

Cruella...

Only has those numbers because this is an instance where people can actually see it, and maintain plausible deniability.