Page 87 of 156 FirstFirst ... 377783848586878889909197137 ... LastLast
Results 1,291 to 1,305 of 2338

AT&T is the third largest Wireless provider in a business where all you have to do is keep up with the tech to succeed. Their management, and I don't think they had any expertise in entertainment, fell for some business voodoo about synergy and bought a bunch of companies they had no experience in running. The result is a failure that will probably result in a few heads being cut with only tens of $millions in compensation. Because at that level failure is as rewarding as success.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by luprki View Post
    I promised myself that I wouldn’t respond to any comments that doesn’t make sense, but this I couldn’t resist.
    I don’t know where you are from, but where I’m from, a family of 5 or 6 is the norm.
    But even for a family of 3 or 4, the movie theaters has become too expensive.
    It does make sense. I don't know where you're from, but where I'm from a family of 3 or 4 is the norm.
    I'm from the southeast US.

And even for a family of 3 or 4...two kids tickets and an adult during the matinee isn't 30 dollars.

And again, you are really, really, really not giving the whole "monthly family trip out" thing out any consideration at all. According to you, it seems like no one ever should ever want to leave home if it's avoidable. And...that's what really doesn't make any sense here.

Yeah...

There's just a lot of odd stuff going into those equations.

I'm under fifty miles from Chicago, and there are at least a few theaters that don't run anywhere near that. Matter of fact, "The People's Theater..." does really solid business because it is reasonably priced and laid back. Normal folks actually know not to go to the movie theaters that are going to try to take a family to the cleaners.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    It does make sense. I don't know where you're from, but where I'm from a family of 3 or 4 is the norm.
    I'm from the southeast US.

And even for a family of 3 or 4...two kids tickets and an adult during the matinee isn't 30 dollars.

And again, you are really, really, really not giving the whole "monthly family trip out" thing out any consideration at all. According to you, it seems like no one ever should ever want to leave home if it's avoidable. And...that's what really doesn't make any sense here.
    If you’re from southeast US, I’m sure most families have more than two kids.

On another note, I remember when people said there would always be record stores and they will never go out of business. Oops there it is.
    Last edited by luprki; 05-24-2021 at 06:03 PM.

I'm in the south and our amc is $8 or matinee for $6. It's not that bad at all for families here. $25 or under for 4 matinees and on saving tuesdays.

Mighty Member

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...fertility_rate

For the family size debate, FYI the fertility rate is how many children an average woman in that state or territory would have in their lifetime.

On another note, I remember when people said there would always be record stores and they will never go out of business. Oops there it is.
    Well, there still are record stores...

Past that, "Record Stores..."/"Movie Theaters..." is anything but "Apples..."/"Apples..."

Past that...

No matter how "Sure..." anyone might be?

Can't argue with the actual reality of that it is simply not the case...

https://www.insider.com/the-average-...y-state-2019-2

Now that is silly. The technology for delivering music to the listener changed. But the experience of sitting at home and listening to music through speakers or headphones is the same. People didn't pick one experience and gave up another.
    But the experience of watching at home, whether VHS, DVD or streaming, vs the theater experience is what is going on here.
    What you are describing is Blockbuster dying for streaming. It is really listening at home or going to concerts that is more like our discussion.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Well, there still are record stores...

Past that, "Record Stores..."/"Movie Theaters..." is anything but "Apples..."/"Apples..."
    Yeah what a terrible analogy, the theatrical window release is more like a concert venue artists release before moving on to their next thing. Basically you own the initial experience, not just replayability. Musical records are aural only experiences (not very communal) which can specifically be enhanced with better technology which also helped with physical storage concerns and still have their place for those who want them.

If I wanted to play crystal ball I'd think no-nonsense virtual reality would 100% for sure kill theaters. But that's... not likely to be mainstream soon, is it?

So wb does the hbo max same day thing and it cost them billions, stars don't want to work there and At&t sells them over it. Inside reports say the disney plus access for raya and mulan were a complete failure for disney plus! (but ironic the itunes, vudu, etc had great sales for raya!)

So two failures in a roll. Universal ceo looks at this and says---We want to try it!

Good old hollywood thinking.

https://deadline.com/2021/05/boss-ba...se-1234763244/

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Now that is silly. The technology for delivering music to the listener changed. But the experience of sitting at home and listening to music through speakers or headphones is the same. People didn't pick one experience and gave up another.
    But the experience of watching at home, whether VHS, DVD or streaming, vs the theater experience is what is going on here.
    What you are describing is Blockbuster dying for streaming. It is really listening at home or going to concerts that is more like our discussion.
    The example I would use Video Game arcades and video game arcades would still be a thing if companies put up an artificial window to protect them. Imagine having wait 6 months till leaves the arcade, 2 months for PC and it is finally release on console

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    So wb does the hbo max same day thing and it cost them billions, stars don't want to work there and At&t sells them over it. Inside reports say the disney plus access for raya and mulan were a complete failure for disney plus! (but ironic the itunes, vudu, etc had great sales for raya!)

So two failures in a roll. Universal ceo looks at this and says---We want to try it!

Good old hollywood thinking.

https://deadline.com/2021/05/boss-ba...se-1234763244/
    What you said about the Disney movies is not the truth, And also Universal release a movie already day and date it was Trollz world tour it made 50 million at box office and 210 million on global PVODs. Mid size and small movies don't mind being same day in some ways it is better for them
    Last edited by Killerbee911; 05-25-2021 at 04:55 AM.

They said access did "ok" but that's it. Raya did tons better on itunes and vudu then disney plus. They made more on vod then on plus.
    Last edited by Gaastra; 05-25-2021 at 06:47 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    You missed my point. My point was technology changes how we consume products. But some people can’t see nor accept that changes are happening.

It just not about streaming vs theater experience, it about how the studios want their movies to get out to the public. Studios only care about money and they will cutout the middle man to make more money.
    Since 1948 studios have been forced into a bad business model for them, streaming give them a way to get out of this model. A shorten theatrical window is only the beginning. The Wrath of Man was released only 3 week ago and it’s already available on streaming and VOD.
    Last edited by luprki; 05-25-2021 at 10:44 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    I'm in the south and our amc is $8 or matinee for $6. It's not that bad at all for families here. $25 or under for 4 matinees and on saving tuesdays.
    But the studios gain practically nothing with this scenario

Mighty Member

But the studios gain practically nothing with this scenario
    It is called supply and demand.