Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

So the Rebirth version of Maxima is a lesbian? I have to admit with her man-hungry history, I didn't see that coming but Orlando's explanation about her needing a man to ascend to the throne makes sense. I love the upgrade to the Invisible Jet. I dare say Orlando has made the best use of the jet Post-Crisis compared to any other writer.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Incredible Member

Or she could be bi. Or demi. Or sapiosexual.

And Diana is back in space! Woot!

Does anyone know who did the alternate cover? I like that cover a lot.

Maxima has been gay since the new 52 supergirl run. Her story is consistent from there. I guess they're just going to act on it now.

Also, it seems like this cop is filling a role that really should be Etta's.

I was hoping this was going to feature the older, pre-FP Maxima. She looks older on the cover so I thought it might be her (I believe early in Rebirth it was at least hinted that Maxima was kinda a title, leading to the idea that both could co-exist in the current continuity). I'm hoping for a twist that still allows her to show up too.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Love that alternate cover!

wonder_woman_7548.jpg

I'm going to miss Orlando, Wonder Woman in space is always fun!

Quote Originally Posted by Koriand'r View Post
    Love that alternate cover!

wonder_woman_7548.jpg
    Too thin and twisted funny.

Cute pigeon-toed stance and look at the armor with the dress. Plus I love her in western wear and those are almost cowboy boots.

She looks like a marionette dangling awkwardly in the air on that alternate cover to me. Pass.

Quote Originally Posted by Largo161 View Post
    She looks like a marionette dangling awkwardly in the air on that alternate cover to me. Pass.
    That's fine, I dislike this.

Janin AxJCIpW.jpg

It's so basic and boring, no frills no thrills and too masculine. They had to do that to the skirt in an effort to add interest and I like my Wonder Woman glam. In this image she's clearly never been to a hairdresser in her life.

Quote Originally Posted by Koriand'r View Post
    That's fine, I dislike this.

Janin AxJCIpW.jpg

It's so basic and boring, no frills no thrills and too masculine. They had to do that to the skirt in an effort to add interest and I like my Wonder Woman glam. In this image she's clearly never been to a hairdresser in her life.
    In general I like this interpretation. Although she looks very young, more like a girl than a woman. And yeah, the hair could use some curl. ��

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    I was hoping this was going to feature the older, pre-FP Maxima. She looks older on the cover so I thought it might be her (I believe early in Rebirth it was at least hinted that Maxima was kinda a title, leading to the idea that both could co-exist in the current continuity). I'm hoping for a twist that still allows her to show up too.
    You and me both. Although, since Maxima is apparently a title (because which DC character isn't now...ugh, New 52), we can maybe say that this Maxima inherited the title after the original died during Our Worlds at War.
    Last edited by Green Goblin of Sector 2814; 03-21-2020 at 07:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Poison View Post
    So the Rebirth version of Maxima is a lesbian? I have to admit with her man-hungry history, I didn't see that coming but Orlando's explanation about her needing a man to ascend to the throne makes sense. I love the upgrade to the Invisible Jet. I dare say Orlando has made the best use of the jet Post-Crisis compared to any other writer.
    Yeah this one looks to much like the N52 one

I want the original back, i was hoping it was her from the cover with that huge hair of the OG Maxima

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cruelrain View Post
    Yeah this one looks to much like the N52 one

I want the original back, i was hoping it was her from the cover with that huge hair of the OG Maxima

I miss OG Maxima's cape. She looks odd without one.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

That's the best iteration of the Invisible Jet I've seen in ages.
    That variant cover...That's a model posing in a "Wonder Woman" inspired suit for a Vogue editorial spread. She's serving all the 'angles'.
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 03-22-2020 at 07:00 AM.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!