Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

ugh its the new 52 version of Maxima. I like the art though.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Poison View Post
    So the Rebirth version of Maxima is a lesbian? I have to admit with her man-hungry history, I didn't see that coming but Orlando's explanation about her needing a man to ascend to the throne makes sense. I love the upgrade to the Invisible Jet. I dare say Orlando has made the best use of the jet Post-Crisis compared to any other writer.
    Jumping on this before I read any other follow-up posts that probably already started catching everyone up, but this is "the New 52 version of Maxima, carried over into Rebirth". And the old Maxima also exists, too. There's some strong Supergirl arcs that are well worth catching up on, basically in and around when she starts being a Red Lantern and from then onward.

Anyway, ignoring being a canon fiend ... "Wonder Woman helps bring gay marriage to Almerac" is like the best high concept I think I've seen in quite some time. And I mean, if Batman can have stupid transformer batmobiles, damn straight Diana can have the Invisojet turn on spaceship mode. I really need to stop sleeping on this Orlando run and catch up.
    Retro315 no more. Anonymity is so 2005.
    retrowarbird.blogspot.com

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by K. Jones View Post
    Jumping on this before I read any other follow-up posts that probably already started catching everyone up, but this is "the New 52 version of Maxima, carried over into Rebirth". And the old Maxima also exists, too. There's some strong Supergirl arcs that are well worth catching up on, basically in and around when she starts being a Red Lantern and from then onward.

Anyway, ignoring being a canon fiend ... "Wonder Woman helps bring gay marriage to Almerac" is like the best high concept I think I've seen in quite some time. And I mean, if Batman can have stupid transformer batmobiles, damn straight Diana can have the Invisojet turn on spaceship mode. I really need to stop sleeping on this Orlando run and catch up.
    Yeah, I remember hearing that during Rebirth they retconned the two Maximas into both existing as cousins, the pre-flashpoint one being the older one and the New 52 one being the younger one.

I haven't said anything because I'm waiting to see if it's addressed in the issue, but I'm kind of wondering where Maxima the older cousin is during this coup.

For "You and I have never been close" I can't actually recall Maxima the younger cousin interacting with Diana at all previously.
    Last edited by Artemisfanboy; 03-23-2020 at 07:28 AM.