Results 1 to 12 of 12
  1. #1

    Default Ares ( the adventure of hercules) VS MCU Loki


    VS

    Loki

  2. #2
    The Revan.....lives! Oswin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    607

    Default

    Ares his power was all over the place, at the start he was like a larger then life being who could raise people from the dead , and could empower people to hercules level, later he was kinda comic relief.

    That being said, he is still in Hercules weight class strenght wise , an immortal that cannot die by conventional means , stabbing and stuff will not work on him. eventually Loki would lose.

  3. #3
    Extraordinary Member Powerboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    5,415

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Oswin View Post
    Ares his power was all over the place, at the start he was like a larger then life being who could raise people from the dead , and could empower people to hercules level, later he was kinda comic relief.

    That being said, he is still in Hercules weight class strenght wise , an immortal that cannot die by conventional means , stabbing and stuff will not work on him. eventually Loki would lose.
    Pretty much this. He meant "Hercules the Legendary Journeys", of course. And yeah, at first, Ares could possess people and possess dead bodies, could alter reality at a whim and dimension dump people. He could time travel and send other people traveling through time just by willing it to happen. He had the durability to take hits that sent him flying across a village. He could hit hard enough to hurt Hercules and throw fireballs. In his first encounter with Xena, Gabrielle said something like, "You sound like you're saying he's as good of a fighter as you are" to which Xena replied, "Maybe better."

    He eventually started having most of what he could do ignored and becoming a comedy foil for both Hercules and Xena.

    A lot of what Loki could do involved the tesseract and other devices that would not be standard equipment. But, among the list of abilities Ares had, there's several listed just above that there's no evidence that MCU Loki, in and of himself, has any defense against.
    His name is CAPTAIN MARVEL.

  4. #4
    nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    34,450

    Default

    loki was a pretty decent fighter, compared to someone like thor but ares, at his best, could throw hands with herc and xena. between that and the powers that PB mentioned, not looking too good for loki.

  5. #5
    The Revan.....lives! Oswin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    607

    Default

    Hehe yea I forgot most of those powers, but yea he could do stuff like that, also " mundane " stuff like Tk.

    The initial reason why people like Ares and Hera didn't just zorch Hercules and be done with it was because Zeus himself specifically said they were not allowed to kill him. Most of the time it was Herc interfering with Ares his shenanigans , and trying to foil him.

    Later on they make it appear that Ares can't do anything to him anyway, and gets physically beat by him then teleports away.

  6. #6
    Extraordinary Member Powerboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    5,415

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Oswin View Post
    Hehe yea I forgot most of those powers, but yea he could do stuff like that, also " mundane " stuff like Tk.

    The initial reason why people like Ares and Hera didn't just zorch Hercules and be done with it was because Zeus himself specifically said they were not allowed to kill him. Most of the time it was Herc interfering with Ares his shenanigans , and trying to foil him.

    Later on they make it appear that Ares can't do anything to him anyway, and gets physically beat by him then teleports away.
    Yes, Zeus pretty much had a "You kill him, I kill you or at least introduce you to eternal suffering" policy. When Zeus removed that restriction in Her'c last appearance, Ares was going to kill him when Hera showed up and saved Herc.

    Personally, I prefer to end it with the last Herc episode when Zeus and Hera reconciled.
    His name is CAPTAIN MARVEL.

  7. #7

    Default

    I remembered Ares powers more like just teleportation, fire balls, and some tk. Having looked up some clios though, I guess he takes this pretty easily with everything at his disposal.

    Could MCU Thor beat Ares?

    If no, how about MCU Thanos with reality, space, and power gem?

  8. #8
    Extraordinary Member Powerboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    5,415

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marvel-Studios Rep View Post
    I remembered Ares powers more like just teleportation, fire balls, and some tk. Having looked up some clios though, I guess he takes this pretty easily with everything at his disposal.

    Could MCU Thor beat Ares?

    If no, how about MCU Thanos with reality, space, and power gem?
    With MCU Thor, I would say it's a quickdraw. Ares can time dump him or dimension dump. Maybe Thor could call on the Rainbow Bridge to come back from a dimension dump but, in the movies, Asgard is in outer space, not another dimension so the Bridge is more teleportation. On the flipside, Ares cannot take a hit from Thor or a lightning strike.

    Thanos with those three gems eliminates anything Ares could do to him. With Thanos having the reality gem, I would guess Ares cannot do much with his own reality warping powers. The space gem probably prevents Ares from just teleporting Thanos away. Then again, since Thanos doesn't have the time gem, Ares could just time dump him. I don't remember exactly what the feats were for those gems.

    It would be funny for a crossover where Thanos invades with his army and the Sorboclese gods decide to interfere. Ares: "Remember, no energy bolts or trying to trade punches and kicks. Let's really use our powers. Reality warping, time and dimension dumps on everybody".
    His name is CAPTAIN MARVEL.

  9. #9
    The Revan.....lives! Oswin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    607

    Default

    Stormbreaker could probably kill him outright to. The serbocles gods were immortal to conventional weaponry, but they had a ton of " plot device wep of the week" that could kill them.

    People who were straight up stronger then him (Dahak, Zeus, the Arch Angel Michael) could also slap him around easily.

    When was this time dumping? and to who did he do it to?

  10. #10
    Extraordinary Member Powerboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    5,415

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Oswin View Post
    Stormbreaker could probably kill him outright to. The serbocles gods were immortal to conventional weaponry, but they had a ton of " plot device wep of the week" that could kill them.

    People who were straight up stronger then him (Dahak, Zeus, the Arch Angel Michael) could also slap him around easily.

    When was this time dumping? and to who did he do it to?
    That was in the early Dahak episodes. Callisto went back in time and killed Hercules' mother before he was born. Even Ares knew Hercules was essential to win (this was before he switched sides). So he sent Iolaus back in time to change what happened. It was clearly stated that all the gods could time travel and send people through time. There were several episodes where the gods time traveled.
    His name is CAPTAIN MARVEL.

  11. #11
    The Revan.....lives! Oswin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    607

    Default

    i also remember Ares driving a car so yea i do recall them being able to time travel, but time dumping is different, but yea i guess if he can send people through time willingly he might be able to forcefully do it.

  12. #12
    Extraordinary Member Powerboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    5,415

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Oswin View Post
    i also remember Ares driving a car so yea i do recall them being able to time travel, but time dumping is different, but yea i guess if he can send people through time willingly he might be able to forcefully do it.
    Ares driving a car was in the modern day episodes. He lived through those millennia. It wasn't time travel. But it is reasonable to assume he can time dump people and I believe someone already posted parts of an episode showing that he can dimension dump people. Actually, he did a lot more than just d-dump. He merged Xena and Gabrielle into one being with one of them existing in the daytime and the other at night. In fact, it was a d-dump within a d-dump because, while Gabrielle existed, Xena was in some sort of dark realm within Gabbie's mind where Ares still visited and spoke to her. But at night, when Xena existed, I believe Gabbie had no conscious existence.

    The Ares of that show is no joke when his high-end stuff and true powers are not ignored.
    His name is CAPTAIN MARVEL.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •