Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Default So, Ahsoka is coming to live action

Rosario Dawson has reportedly been cast to play Ahsoka Tano in season 2 of The Mandalorian.

https://www.slashfilm.com/rosario-da...a-mandalorian/

I must admit I'm excited to finally see a live action version of Ahsoka. She is my favorite animated exclusive Star Wars character. Heck, she's a far more developed, and interesting, female Jedi or female character than either Rey or Padme, IMO.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

It seems like a fine fit to me. I always imagined an African-American actress playing her, that that was really the only pre-requisite I had in my mind. So this fits that.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Dawson seems too young to me. Ahsoka wasn't that much younger than Anakin, and Anakin was pretty old when he died in Jedi.
    Last Read: Zatanna and the Ripper vol. 1

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Beware the Planet of the Apes, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Green Arrow, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Thundercats, Titans

Quote Originally Posted by Noodle View Post
    Dawson seems too young to me. Ahsoka wasn't that much younger than Anakin, and Anakin was pretty old when he died in Jedi.
    Maybe Torgrutas age slower? (If the rumor is true, wonder if Dawson will try to emulate Ashley Eikstein of if they'll just ignore the vocal differences.)
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

I love Dawson, but I feel like Ashley Eckstein could have pulled off Ahsoka in live action, and she's been with the character from the beginning.

Extraordinary Member

Anakin wasn't that old in Jedi. He was mid-to-late 40s. Having his whole body be a giant 6th degree burn is why he looked so ancient. Dawson is 40, so she's actually the same age Ahsoka would be in Return of the Jedi.

Ultimate Member

Ahsoka would be in her early to mid-40's by this time, so yeah Dawson is around the right age. And she's said before that she's like to play Ahoska as well.

As for Anakin, he would have been like 46 or 47 in ROTJ I think.

I always thought she died during Rebels but I guess not. I'm cool with Dawson portraying her.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    I always thought she died during Rebels but I guess not.
    She was in the epilogue for the final episode of Rebels.

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Beware the Planet of the Apes, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Green Arrow, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Thundercats, Titans

Her force voice appears in "Rise of Skywalker" during the "Rise" moment, so it's possible she dies at some point. Given that Filoni has some creative input in the series and co-created her, I think if she does die it would be fitting for Filoni to do it.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    Her force voice appears in "Rise of Skywalker" during the "Rise" moment, so it's possible she dies at some point. Given that Filoni has some creative input in the series and co-created her, I think if she does die it would be fitting for Filoni to do it.
    Going back to the age thing, considering how old Luke was in the new trilogy and the time that passed, it's a very likely possibility she just died of old age by that point.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    Dunno, he seems to refuse to let her die. He undid her death in Rebels and was basically denying on Twitter that she was dead in TROS, despite that being the only way the scene works. I wouldn't say it's exactly a creator refusing to kill their darlings when it comes to their pet character, but it kinda feels like it.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    Dunno, he seems to refuse to let her die. He undid her death in Rebels and was basically denying on Twitter that she was dead in TROS, despite that being the only way the scene works. I wouldn't say it's exactly a creator refusing to kill their darlings when it comes to their pet character, but it kinda feels like it.
    TBF, the entire scene with the emperor, rey, and kylo just didn't work, having one more way in which it kind of doesn't really makes no difference.

She is a perfect fit for the part. It’s worth it to get excited.