Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by sunofdarkchild View Post
    TBF, the entire scene with the emperor, rey, and kylo just didn't work, having one more way in which it kind of doesn't really makes no difference.
    I think there were parts that didn't work for me, but I liked how it went down overall, if we take stuff like Kylo's redemption as a given (actually, Kylo was probably the most awkward part of it all).
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    I think there were parts that didn't work for me, but I liked how it went down overall, if we take stuff like Kylo's redemption as a given (actually, Kylo was probably the most awkward part of it all).
    I thought it miiiiight have worked if Palpatine didn't keep going 'no this is my real plan, no THIS is my real plan, no THIIIIS is actually my real plan'

Looks like Michael Biehn might've been cast as well.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Quote Originally Posted by sunofdarkchild View Post
    I thought it miiiiight have worked if Palpatine didn't keep going 'no this is my real plan, no THIS is my real plan, no THIIIIS is actually my real plan'
    That did not help, I will admit (although wheels within wheels is character consistent). I think, for me, the biggest problem is that in no way did I find Kylo's repentance believable, which, in turn, hurt everything tied to it.
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I love Dawson, but I feel like Ashley Eckstein could have pulled off Ahsoka in live action, and she's been with the character from the beginning.
    But she doesn't look like Ahsoka... Live action requires the visual element.

She did dress up as Ashoka once, although as the Clone Wars version and not the older Rebels one that would be closer to Mandalorian's time.

https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWars/co...f_ahsoka_tano/

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    Dunno, he seems to refuse to let her die. He undid her death in Rebels and was basically denying on Twitter that she was dead in TROS, despite that being the only way the scene works. I wouldn't say it's exactly a creator refusing to kill their darlings when it comes to their pet character, but it kinda feels like it.
    Filoni has a point that we see many Jedi in this franchise speak through the force without needing to be dead. Yoda does it all the time. Frankly, I think the only reason Ahsoka voice is even there because she's the only major female jedi the franchise has produced to that point.

iMan 42s

Ahsoka I genuinely feel like she should've died during Rebels. Granted though she doesn't really do much before this point, but then again one should've been using her but all and all I feel like her death at the hands of Vader works especially if we take the ending of that episode symbolically. It just works so well that even the mere notion of time-travel bringing her back and making the symbol literal kind of detracts from it.

I am interested in Dawson's portrayal though as not only do I find her a good actress but later writers have grown her character better than her earliest portrayals. I definitely get it with later Clone Wars seasons even if I still don't care for her as much as other characters.

Given Filoni's own liking for Wolves I'm partially expecting a resurgent Wolf pack with Ahsoka at the helm. We've got Moff Gideon's group, probably would get Mando in on a unit to oppose him.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by C_Miller View Post
    But she doesn't look like Ahsoka... Live action requires the visual element.
    Considering Ahsoka has orange and white skin and a giant horn thing instead of hair, how the person playing her looks in real life doesn't make that much difference. But Dawson has apparently been a fan-favorite for the role for a long time, and there may be a thousand reasons to pick her over Eckstein we don't know about. I've no complaints about the choice.

iMan 42s

Aside from the fan-casting it's probably something to do with the physicality of the role and I'm not aware of Eckstein doing much physically active. It could also be a problem with timing and Dawson happens to be available. It apparently will premier in October according to Google so it might be a time-table issue.

Still it's not like we don't have multiple actors in the same role and while some have not appeared in live action, there has been some precedent with them appearing in canon media and for the fact that they simply didn't get the former actor back even when they're available;
    - Boba Fett and the clones are both voiced by Baker and Morrison sometimes in the same piece of media like Battlefront 2
    - Anakin is played by Hayden Christensen and Matt Lanter
    - Obi-Wan is played by Mcgregor and James Arnold Tayloir
    - Maul in Witer and Serafinowitz, Witwer would go on to voice him in SOLO
    - Palpatine is voiced by Ian Mcdiramid, Sam Witwer and Ian Abercrombie
    - Vader has been voiced by James Earl Jones and Matt Sloan

I could go on but recasts are nothing really new.
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperiorIronman View Post
    Aside from the fan-casting it's probably something to do with the physicality of the role and I'm not aware of Eckstein doing much physically active. It could also be a problem with timing and Dawson happens to be available. It apparently will premier in October according to Google so it might be a time-table issue.

Still it's not like we don't have multiple actors in the same role and while some have not appeared in live action, there has been some precedent with them appearing in canon media and for the fact that they simply didn't get the former actor back even when they're available;
    - Boba Fett and the clones are both voiced by Baker and Morrison sometimes in the same piece of media like Battlefront 2
    - Anakin is played by Hayden Christensen and Matt Lanter
    - Obi-Wan is played by Mcgregor and James Arnold Tayloir
    - Maul in Witer and Serafinowitz, Witwer would go on to voice him in SOLO
    - Palpatine is voiced by Ian Mcdiramid, Sam Witwer and Ian Abercrombie
    - Vader has been voiced by James Earl Jones and Matt Sloan

I could go on but recasts are nothing really new.
    Some of these were used interchangeably in the movies, like I think they had Lanter in The Force Awakens to represent Anakin but got Hayden back for The Rise of Skywalker, and I think I read somewhere that James Arnold Taylor was brought in for TFA but was replaced by McGregor? I might be wrong.

[QUOTE=Immortal Weapon;4905863]Filoni has a point that we see many Jedi in this franchise speak through the force without needing to be dead. Yoda does it all the time.[quote]

But is that what we're seeing here?

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Frankly, I think the only reason Ahsoka voice is even there because she's the only major female jedi the franchise has produced to that point.
    Ironically, though, she's the only non-Jedi in that scene (which raises a whole lot of other questions, but that's something else).
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

iMan 42s

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Some of these were used interchangeably in the movies, like I think they had Lanter in The Force Awakens to represent Anakin but got Hayden back for The Rise of Skywalker, and I think I read somewhere that James Arnold Taylor was brought in for TFA but was replaced by McGregor? I might be wrong.
    Matt Lanter was in TFA but he played additional voices along with James Arnold Taylor so Stormtroopers and background aliens. I'm not aware of Anakin being present in TFA. JAT does do fill-in work for McGregor (it's how he got Obi-wan since he was already the voice match) but they did get McGregor for Obi-Wan ultimately. It's possible they initially chose him because it was a small role and JAT is already a good voice match but it's not uncommon to have the voice matches fill in lines until they get the actor they wanted.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

[QUOTE=WebLurker;4906210][QUOTE=Immortal Weapon;4905863]Filoni has a point that we see many Jedi in this franchise speak through the force without needing to be dead. Yoda does it all the time.

But is that what we're seeing here?

Ironically, though, she's the only non-Jedi in that scene (which raises a whole lot of other questions, but that's something else).
    He's blatantly said so yes

Tim Curry also voiced Palpatine after Ambercrombie's death in Clone Wars, although probably due to his stroke Sam Witwer and later Mcdiarmid took over for Rebels.