Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by C_Miller View Post
    Alex Maleev. I know he's not the most traditional artist and I'm not sure I'd like him on other runs, but he blended so well with the story that Bendis was set out to tell.
    I was thinking of Maleev. I got into Daredevil just when he and Bendis were doing a renaissance on it during the early 2000s. Maleev could capture the essence of Daredevil. It was stylized, artistic, avant-garde, moody, and grainy. He, along with Bendis' writing, made it feel pulpy for the 21st century....but for god's sake, the guy's action scenes were bad. Couldn't tell what was going on in half of them! As comic book reader, yeah, I want sophistication, but yeah, I want to see a good fight scene!

So for me it's Miller and Lark. Haven't seen much of JRJr.'s stuff, though I think I'd be a fan considering I love basically everything he draws. I liked Mazzuchelli's work on Batman: Year One moreso than Born Again.
    "I am a man of peace."

"A man of peace...who fights like ten tigers."

Astonishing Member

Michael Lark. Few captured the character and his world better.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Alex Maleev all the way.
    Books I’m pulling: Justice League Dark, Batman and the, Outsiders, Suicide squad, Daredevil, Tynion’s Batman, X-men, X-force, Marauders, Hellions, X-Factor, Three Jokers, Deceased Dead Planet

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

1. FRANK MILLER (with Klaus Janson)

2. DAVID MAZZUCCHELLI

3. LEE WEEKS

BUBBLING UNDER:

Alex Maleev
    Marco Checchetto
    Michael Lark with Stefano Guidano
    Bob Brown
    Paulo Rivera
    Gene Colan
    Javier Rodriguez

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

It is hard to beat John Romita JR when it come to Daredevil. This was classis JRjr before he changed his style so he could draw faster. Everything was so crisp and mean looking compared to his latter sloppier and les detailed work.

Alex Maleev

While I don't think his art would work for just any comic, his work on Daredevil was stellar. This may be my single favorite panel along with Matt rising from the flames in Born Again:

images.jpg

Other standouts from Maleev:

Daredevil 2.jpg

HLB7HO3h7WIzVHTC9rKkuhgVeq5rY_q1x2r8AVptkns.jpg

Honorable mentions go to Samnee, Mazzuchelli and agree with other that Chechetto is certainly working his way up the list.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    It is hard to beat John Romita JR when it come to Daredevil. This was classis JRjr before he changed his style so he could draw faster. Everything was so crisp and mean looking compared to his latter sloppier and les detailed work.

Yes, the main reason behind that great linework was Al Williamson on inks. He really made the difference.

My Top 3:

1. Wally Wood

2. David Mazzucchelli

3. Chris Samnee