Astonishing Member

Default Should Ultimate Spider-Man (cartoon) have included Eddie Brock?

I always felt that the modern interpretation of Harry Osborn and the Ultimate Comics version of Eddie Brock were similar enough to make one of them redundant, so Harry being the show’s official Venom was actually one of the things that I liked. Even then, should they have included Eddie Brock in whatever capacity?

Like I said, the thing I worried about was redundancy and whether or not he would feel shoehorned in like they did with the 2017 version. While the Spectacular cartoon had both, they elaborated on their differences enough that it felt ok. TAS had them fill completely different roles (because Ultimate Spider-Man wasn’t even in thought yet, but that’s besides the point).

How important is Eddie Brock to Spider-Man’s mythos in adaptations?

Up until now, I didn't know that Eddie Brock wasn't in the Ultimate Spider-Man cartoon.

It's not essential, but it's a great story, especially in adaptations to show the story of someone who develops a hatred of Spider-Man, and goes on to become a bad guy.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

I mean, it's the Ultimate Spider-Man cartoon. Chances are even if they had Brock as Venom it wouldn't have been very memorable or just end up as a really weird take by the end of it.

I don't think Harry was effective as Venom, at least compared to other interpretations. I thought his episode as Anti-Venom was better, but it got kind of silly that they kept giving him Brock's Symbiotes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    Up until now, I didn't know that Eddie Brock wasn't in the Ultimate Spider-Man cartoon.

It's not essential, but it's a great story, especially in adaptations to show the story of someone who develops a hatred of Spider-Man, and goes on to become a bad guy.
    A part of me wonders if people will remember either Disney XD Spidey cartoon much in the future.

Incredible Member

No, Venom in that show was basically, for the first stretch of the series, and adjoining Marvel Animated Universe cartoons at the time, Norman Osborn's, then Doctor Octopus', bio weapon, way too many times.

Then, the show, Ultimate Spider-Man Web Warriors / Vs the Sinister Six, was an awesome venture to showcase Agent Venom, Flash Thompson, in a streamlined, more heroic role than in the comics, after all, for kids. But Flash Thompson / Agent Venom was good.

So, no, Brock was not needed.

Quote Originally Posted by ngroove View Post
    No, Venom in that show was basically, for the first stretch of the series, and adjoining Marvel Animated Universe cartoons at the time, Norman Osborn's, then Doctor Octopus', bio weapon, way too many times.
    Not to mention all the times they "cured" Venom only for it to not stick for...reasons .
    Then, the show, Ultimate Spider-Man Web Warriors / Vs the Sinister Six, was an awesome venture to showcase Agent Venom, Flash Thompson, in a streamlined, more heroic role than in the comics, after all, for kids. But Flash Thompson / Agent Venom was good.
    Yeah, Flash was probably one of the few characters on that show to get a good, consistent, character arc.