Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
    Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Agreed.

Fantastical! WHO is your artist?
    Pepe Larraz, of course.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

This thread is getting messy......

So... what do I do...

First we start with some of the X-men already there visiting the Fantastic Four, members of the X-men that are actually friends with the FF. Let's have Storm, Wolverine, maybe a member of Generation X or two there to see Franklin (since he used to live with them,) No Magneto. Leave that guy at home.

The team is there to have Mr. Fantastic just run a check on some of the stuff they're doing now, the clones, Krakoa, that sort of thing. They don't exactly trust Sinister in Apocalypse so thought thought having somebody else double check the numbers would be a good idea. They also want to inquire about Franklin and see what's going on with him, worried that it might be affecting other mutants. (I also want one of the Gen X kids to talk about the growth spurt Franklin has had since they last saw each other.) The subject of Franklin going to Krakoa is brought up and Reed thinks it's a bad idea.

Somehow the Thing comes up with the idea that he can chaperon a brief visit.

I actually really like the idea of Thing being on Krakoa. he may be a human, but he knows a lot about what it's like being hated and feared just for being different and even mentions that he looks more like a mutant than half the X-men do. On Krakoa, Franklin doesn't really care for the place. It feels a bit weird to him. Thing however, loves it. Partying all the time with people that don't care how he looks, even having some of the more physically deformed mutants talk about how they've always looked up to him. Other mutants though, don't like the fact that he's there at all, much less the fact that he's acting like one of them.

While Ben is partying, Franklin is kidnapped by Sinister who plants evidence pointing to one of the FFs enemies. Let's say Dr. Doom, because you have to have Dr. Doom in these stories, prompting the rest of the FF into action, as well as members X-men who were supposed to look after him. They attack Latveria, with Doom thinking it's because they learned of some of his own experiments with mutants. Doom is defeated but manages to get the teams back on the right track of the real abductor and decided to come with them for payback.

Getting Apocalypse, Sinister, Doom, and Magneto into the same room should make for some interesting character interaction, probably even a good fight at some point.

Eventually Franklin escapes but with his memory wiped of what happens. The Fantastic Four warn the X-men that they're playing with fire, the mutants ask Thing to leave, and Sinister now has good samples of Franklin's DNA for some sketchy evil clone business he's working on.

Admittedly, this probably needs a bit of work.

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    I have to agree with Ferro:
    x-over with Avengers went from "should we defend Magneto?" and "let's rescue this Avenger's mutant kid" to "the muties were wrong about Phoenix"; x-over with F4 went from "should we trust a X-Man's life with Doom" to "the X-Men are kid snatchers".

As I mentioned the Mark Waid Avengers/Champions cross-over had them scuffle for a few moments but in the end it was a team-up against High Evolutionary. They need to stop focusing on these "versus" type cross-overs and just do team-ups against a common threat.
    Agreed, lest just do actual crossovers and team ups again.

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Pepe Larraz, of course.
    I want to read your comic
    "To the X-men then, who donīt die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    This thread is getting messy......
    because the story is messy

Well, for one, I would want the covers to be more dynamic than just the standard hero poses. We should’ve gotten a cover of Franklin in an X-trainee suit or even the F4 wearing the 90s x-clothes & the X-Men wearing the traditional F4 costumes. It would’ve been so cute.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    Well, for one, I would want the covers to be more dynamic than just the standard hero poses. We should’ve gotten a cover of Franklin in an X-trainee suit or even the F4 wearing the 90s x-clothes & the X-Men wearing the traditional F4 costumes. It would’ve been so cute.

that would be if this was intended to be fun and not just the writer/nonxeditorial using the f4 as sockpuppets to push down mutants and not even allow them to talk back

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Pepe Larraz, of course.
    Added to my pull list!
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by Ferro View Post
    The x-men comics as of now are undoubtly more popular, COMICS, the medium that has praticaly no benefit from the mcu no matter how much synergy was forced, COMICS i am talking comics, QUADRADINHOS, COMIC BOOKS

First of all, Sales, word of mouth and online engament clearly show that current X-MEN COMICS are more popular, there is no denying that, simple.

Second of all if you were actually reading what I type is that my issue is that these crossovers are always one sided when the clearly bigger COMIC line (im typing comics in big letters so you understand that im talking COMICS) is being leeched witout any benefit to itself, its story or even its fanbase.
    It shows how the fantastic four fans are loving this series when pretty much every x-fan has grown to hate it.
    That's because Zdarsky is writing the FF again. Not because the FF are "leeching" the X-Men. Plus the FF have been treated just as bad as the X-Men by Marvel, and at times treated even worse.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

There’s no sense in being this factional about comic book franchises.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    That's because Zdarsky is writing the FF again. Not because the FF are "leeching" the X-Men. Plus the FF have been treated just as bad as the X-Men by Marvel, and at times treated even worse.
    I don't particulary care, in this situation hey are leeching and are the main characthers of this promoted team up

Quote Originally Posted by Ferro View Post
    I don't particulary care, in this situation hey are leeching and are the main characthers of this promoted team up
    That's all I needed to hear. I don't need to continue this any further.

I'll just end this with, the X-Men aren't real minorities and other characters have been treated worse by Marvel. The Fantastic Four being an example of such characters. You talk about leeching while so many premises and characters have been taken by others or team-ups where one fanbase doesn't like it. If that's called leeching then the X-Men are far from being the only ones who experienced this, and they have also benefited from it if we are going by this definition.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

The problem is, i dont see how the x-men are the only ones treated baldy in those crossovers.

In AvX they werent generic villains, you could say that they become accidental antagonists but also protagonists. The Avengers also didnt look like the epitome of morality.

IvX was worst but once again, the Inhumans look worse in that crossover and ultimately failed to them.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    That's all I needed to hear. I don't need to continue this any further.

I'll just end this with, the X-Men aren't real minorities and other characters have been treated worse by Marvel. The Fantastic Four being an example of such characters. You talk about leeching while so many premises and characters have been taken by others or team-ups where one fanbase doesn't like it. If that's called leeching then the X-Men are far from being the only ones who experienced this, and they have also benefited from it if we are going by this definition.
    That's completly fine, when we have a sequel to this book and we have pages dedicated to sue being called a terrible mother and how the ff are pretty much dangerous failures, but instead of any of the fantastic four countering those acusations, they just look to the air or the page cuts, since the title will just be a covert x-men story with the team up label on it.
    When that happens you can complain about 4 + X.
    Last edited by Ferro; 03-24-2020 at 09:50 PM.