Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Matrik View Post
    It seems no one is much impressed by how Chip Zdarsky has portrayed the FF and X Men in his FF/X Men 2.0. So how would you have handled the same premise if you were writing the mini series? I think there's a good juxtaposition of themes with the first series namely FFvs X Men like the FF coming to cure Kitty and the X Men attempting to do the same for Franklin with Doom playing the dark horse but Zdarsky seems to have dropped the ball and unlike the first time the conflict hasn't been handled particularly well in this one. Anyway can you come up with a better version?
    The best solution to solve X-Men crossing with other franchises is by not having it happen at all. Avengers, Inhumans and Fantastic Four are already proof enough that nobody at Marvel can make the idea actually work. I'd scrap the idea at it's early stages, if it was up to me.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by PrezValentine View Post
    The best solution to solve X-Men crossing with other franchises is by not having it happen at all. Avengers, Inhumans and Fantastic Four are already proof enough that nobody at Marvel can make the idea actually work. I'd scrap the idea at it's early stages, if it was up to me.
    thank you, there is more pro's to have the mutants completly seperate from the rest of the marvel universe than cons

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ferro View Post
    thank you, there is more pro's to have the mutants completly seperate from the rest of the marvel universe than cons
    If it was in Claremont times, it could work. Currently, with the editorial and their stance that the X-Men have to take the fall, it's simply not possible. This is the third time this century we can see the concept melting before our very eyes. It's one thing to show the effects of Krakoa on the world at wide, and another to pose the X-Men as antagonists to the F4, even though nobody is 100% right in this. At this point, just retcon Franklin into being an inhuman or enhanced human like the Maximoff twins, for the sake of eliminating the excuse for this one and future crossovers.

BANNED

im just so tired of mutants being leeched off these other titles and we, the x-fanbase, dont event get a fun team-up or some cute moments just more vilefication and more jobbing to highlight everyone and their mothers, but never the x-men, never ever the x-men.

I am tired of the mutant franchise not being respected by the other editorials and its like a free buffet for every writer to try to have a hand on it.
    Really tiring and kills any interest I could have in the rest of marvel, i just want them to be left alone to their own massive expansive universe
    Last edited by Ferro; 03-23-2020 at 11:11 AM.

Spectacular Member

im just so tired of mutants being leeched off these other titles and we, the x-fanbase, dont event get a fun team-up or some cute moments just more vilefication and more jobbing to highlight everyone and their mothers, but never the x-men, never ever the x-men.

I am tired of the mutant franchise not being respected by the other editorials and its like a free buffet for every writer to try to have a hand on it.
    Really tiring and kills any interest I could have in the rest of marvel, i just want them to be left alone to their own massive expansive universe
    Your problem is that you value the X-Men property over all the other Marvel character groups. Marvel is in the business to make money. The more that EVERY book sells benefits Marvel. If it takes a crossover with their more popular characters to get it done, then that’s what they’re going to produce.

It started with Spider-Man, progressed to Wolverine, then it was Deadpool, then Iron Man and the Avengers, now it’s back to the X-Men.
    I don’t have a problem with it. I’m a Fantastic Four fan first and foremost but have always been an X-Men fan as well, so I do see how X-Men properties are used to prop up other titles. Getting offended by it is just silly.

I would rather have the teams cooperate from the get go rather than be attacking each other throughout. It should be a space/other-dimensions adventure. Franklin and Valeria are welcome to come.

Quote Originally Posted by BAS View Post
    Your problem is that you value the X-Men property over all the other Marvel character groups. Marvel is in the business to make money. The more that EVERY book sells benefits Marvel. If it takes a crossover with their more popular characters to get it done, then that’s what they’re going to produce.

It started with Spider-Man, progressed to Wolverine, then it was Deadpool, then Iron Man and the Avengers, now it’s back to the X-Men.
    I don’t have a problem with it. I’m a Fantastic Four fan first and foremost but have always been an X-Men fan as well, so I do see how X-Men properties are used to prop up other titles. Getting offended by it is just silly.
    I agree that a company has to do what it has to do but often the X-Men plunge in quality when they're mixed in with other teams. We're seeing it right now with this mini. No offense to Chip but it's nowhere near, in my opinion, what we're getting in the X-Books currently.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    I would rather have the teams cooperate from the get go rather than be attacking each other throughout. It should be a space/other-dimensions adventure. Franklin and Valeria are welcome to come.
    I agree. I'd like to see these teams work together but then readers will likely be shouting that there isn't enough drama.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Issue 1 - A group of X-Men (Cyclops, Storm, Phoenix, Wolverine, Iceman, Kitty, Rogue and Colossus) join the Fantastic Four in fighting off a group of Skrulls. Afterwards, Scott and Ororo have a conversation with Reed and Sue about Franklin coming to Krakoa for training. Reed shows some interests but Sue is totally against it. Later, the Friend of Humanity attack the Fantastic Four HQ trying to kill Franklin. The FF are overwhelmed by a group of armored humans using weapons specially designed to counter their powers. Sue uses her powers to push Franklin and Valeria though the X-Gate as she falls unconscious. Franklin comes through the gate screaming for "Help!!!!".

Issue 2 - Franklin's powers start to flare out of control, causing all the telepaths to feel pain. Xavier then uses his powers to mentally shut Franklin down. After Xavier explains what happened the X-Men (Cyclops, Wolverine, Bishop, X-23, Psylocke, Magneto, Havok, Archangel and Colossus) use the gate to save the FF members. Storm and Kitty take Valeria and an unconscious Franklin to the island's med-lab where Beast and Reyes examine the two kids. The X-Men team in New York engage the FOH and quickly defeats them but can't find the Fantastic Four. Franklin wakes up and is greeted by Storm and Kitty. He finds Valeria in a heated debate with Forge and Beast over time travel. Kitty then give him a tour of Krakoa, Rachel Summers looks on from a distance. Issue ended with a submarine of armored humans ready to attack the island
    Last edited by LordAllMIghty; 03-23-2020 at 06:37 PM.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Forget Scott's ridiculous posturing in HoX 01.
    Xavier and Reed discuss Franklin's situation over long distance coms...tempers flare.
    Have Val and Franklin discover Reed's genetic tampering accidentally (they could be just out and about in Central Park and for a lark try to use the Gateway resulting in "the Kitty skrunch" ).
    Franklin with bloody nose confronts Reed...who tries to justify his actions.
    Franklin angsty angry teenager that he is runs away and Val secretly follows (to watch over him).
    They stow away on a boat supposedly heading in the direction of Krakoa.
    The Boat is carrying kidnapped/incarcerated mutant children...they meet up the Marauder...there's a fight.
    Reed Sue are still unaware that the kids are missing.
    On the high seas...the Marauders encounter Doom....

Still lots of room for "drama".
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Forget Scott's ridiculous posturing in HoX 01.
    Xavier and Reed discuss Franklin's situation over long distance coms...tempers flare.
    Have Val and Franklin discover Reed's genetic tampering accidentally (they could be just out and about in Central Park and for a lark try to use the Gateway resulting in "the Kitty skrunch" ).
    Franklin with bloody nose confronts Reed...who tries to justify his actions.
    Franklin angsty angry teenager that he is runs away and Val secretly follows (to watch over him).
    They stow away on a boat supposedly heading in the direction of Krakoa.
    The Boat is carrying kidnapped/incarcerated mutant children...they meet up the Marauder...there's a fight.
    Reed Sue are still unaware that the kids are missing.
    On the high seas...the Marauders encounter Doom....

Still lots of room for "drama".
    Looking forward to your next issue!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    That'd come off as superficial and out of character, Chip Zdarsky's basing the X-men off Hickman's template they're not the same people the FF knew and are acting accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    That'd come off as superficial and out of character, Chip Zdarsky's basing the X-men off Hickman's template they're not the same people the FF knew and are acting accordingly.
    Yeah but this thread is about how the posters would have handled the mini. Give us how you would. *crash helmets on*

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Looking forward to your next issue!
    Okies...Here goes...

[Issue...03]
    It's Doom...of course there's a HUGE fight.
    The Marauders, already battle weary from the recent battle with the kidnappers *see previous issue Deveditor* are on the ropes.
    Franklin and Val intercede on the X-Men's behalf...of course, Doom doesn't listen. Franklin then tries to use his powers but shyt goes from bad to worse.
    Val, HBIT that she is...lays into Viktor. He concedes but insists the Richards' children accompany him back to Latveria. *you know, he's still plotting*
    The Marauder contacts Reed and Sue to let them know what has happened and where their children are heading.
    The F4 are granted access to Krakoa. They see for themselves what it's truly meant to be...yes, there's still some skepticism *Magneto is being Magneto* but that's not what's important at the moment.
    The QC convenes and a decision is made to go after Doom.

[Issue...04]
    As Val explains Franklin's sitch, Doom is up to some magical/tech shyt with Franklin whose situation is quickly deteriorating and wreaking all kinds of havoc.
    Enter: The F4 and X-Men
    Doombots!
    Fistcuffs ensue.
    Doom realises he cannot help (use) Franklin even with Val assisting him (that admission alone is worse than any physical defeat). There's a stand off.
    Back on Krakoa:
    Reed also admits his inability to solve the problem...and his fear of losing his son. o--[A]--o promises to do all within his power to restore Franklin's powers. Sue is not hearing it and demands to stay by her son's side.
    Val steps in and steps up. *o--[A]--o is intrigued by her*. (that's SO Val)
    Epilogue...Kitty reunites with Franklin, comparing broken nose stories.

[end]

Simple. Straightforward. Focusing on characterisation and their history as heroes and, more importantly, as friends.
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 03-23-2020 at 08:55 PM.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by BAS View Post

yeahh I really dont give a **** about the rest of marvel and as an x-men fan, I dont have to! the x-men have enough content to carry themselves, they are pretty much a verse in their own right and instead of being granted a bit more respect, they are the town's bike to everyone to trash and steal something from.
    Why is it that every other marvel propriety gets to be the heroes in these crossovers yet the actual money makers, if we talking business, are always mistreated?
    Or is it only business when the x-men are used as a prop?
    No More Mutant crossovers, put them in their own universe and fill the new verse with new concepts to accomodate the immensly large mutant landscape, be more creative than shoving wolverine and a krakoan gate in a cover to hope a small increase in sales.
    Last edited by Ferro; 03-23-2020 at 09:13 PM.

Astonishing Member

yeahh I really dont give a **** about the rest of marvel and as an x-men fan, I dont have to! the x-men have enough content to carry themselves, they are pretty much a verse in their own right and instead of being granted a bit more respect, they are the town's bike to everyone to trash and steal something from.
    Why?

Why is it that every other marvel propriety gets to be the heroes in these crossovers yet the actual money makers, if we talking business, are always mistreated?
    Or is it only business when the x-men are used as a prop?
    Business wise the Avengers rule. The X-men haven't got billion dollar blockbusters. Characters get badly written, characters sometimes get turned into villains and sometimes they're mistreated. This is comics, happens to everyone. Look what they did to Iron Man. Just because you dislike what they did to the X-men didn't make them a "prop." They're characters in a story.

No More Mutant crossovers, put them in their own universe and fill the new verse with new concepts to accomodate the immensly large mutant landscape, be more creative than shoving wolverine and a krakoan gate in a cover to hope a small increase in sales.
    Sounds more like you have a problem with Hickman's portrayal than Marvel.