Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    I haven't read the comic in question but I have questions about the events being portrayed.

Thor + Odin Force + Power Cosmic =/= Anywhere near Galactus' league.

Like, from what I recall of Odin throwing down Big G over the Life Seed, Odin was able to hold Galactus' attention in a slugfest but couldn't actually really do all that much to him. Compared to the Odin Force, what Thor himself and the Power Cosmic bring to the table is, at best, effectively superficial.

So, I guess, this "was pushing around Big G" opponent that Thor messes with - who is this and what did they actually do?
    The Black Winter is a cosmic primordial force blah blah blah that exists basically to destroy the universe. Galactus, the only survivor of the previous universe, is the only being with a chance to beat the Black Winter. But his basic power level is grossly insufficient for the task. To get the energy he needs he must eat 5 specific planets that have a specific kind of energy. Thor is made aware of this, and won't let Big G just slaughter the populations, so he elects to act temporarily a a Herald to make sure that nobody dies. Big G charges him up.

Anyway, the Black Winter was coming, before Galactus was ready to face it, so Thor, fully empowered with Thor-ness, Odin-ness and Galactus-ness, unleashes hell against the Winter. And restrains it for 14 seconds. This force is explicitly presented as universe-busting, and significantly more powerful then Galactus, and it hasn't had any trouble destroying stuff unimpeded up until now.

That's about it, really. The arc is only 4 issues old, Thor has only been Ultra Instinct for 3, so, feats are light outside of the ones presented so far.

I agree, it doesn't make sense that a herald-level of power cosmic moves the needle compared to Thor and Odinforce together, but it's presented as a powerup for the guy, and, as we've seen with a couple of outliers, Galactus can give more or less power as he chooses, AND AND the PC sometimes seems to expand upon natural abilities. So PC amping someone who's already a skyfather might be a bigger deal then when it amps a normal dude.
    Last edited by big_adventure; 03-24-2020 at 03:29 AM.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan