Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Amazing Member

Default Thor's hammer vs The Mobius Chair

Can the hammer of the current all father herald Thor nail the Mobius chair? If it is able to reach the chair across space and time, can it shatter it's force field to impact it?

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Matrik View Post
    Can the hammer of the current all father herald Thor nail the Mobius chair? If it is able to reach the chair across space and time, can it shatter it's force field to impact it?
    Given that Thor, after disabling the power cosmic to make the fight fair, just one-shotted Stormbreaker with Mjolnir, yeah, it probably can.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    Given that Thor, after disabling the power cosmic to make the fight fair, just one-shotted Stormbreaker with Mjolnir, yeah, it probably can.
    He still had the Odin Force didnt he?

It was just weird to me how easily it shattered given the many times in the past they have clashed without losing a chip of paint.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post

It was just weird to me how easily it shattered given the many times in the past they have clashed without losing a chip of paint.
    "I don't know what to write for my next Thor story. I need something super dramatic, something with world changing consequences the readers will remember forever."

"What if Mjolnir got broken?"

"Yes! Stunning and brave. Unique and original. If Mjolnir breaks, the drama is amplified bigly. Let's write it!"

I guess you were referring to Stormbreaker, not Mjolnir, but kind of the same storyline. Break the unbreakable hammer for cheap theatrics.

[Rant over.]
    Last edited by Shai-Hulud; 03-22-2020 at 09:21 AM.

I know the Mobius chair has pretty powerful force fields. Can go through black holes, worm holes and I vaguely remember one time when Metron was watching the birth illof the Big Bang. I'm doubtful the hammer can do any lasting damage. New God tech is pretty crazy and Metron is smarter than all of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Slade1 View Post
    I know the Mobius chair has pretty powerful force fields. Can go through black holes, worm holes and I vaguely remember one time when Metron was watching the birth illof the Big Bang. I'm doubtful the hammer can do any lasting damage. New God tech is pretty crazy and Metron is smarter than all of them.
    The way you put it, it sounds kind of like a TARDIS whittled down to a comfy chair.

Oh, absolutely. My point was that he intentionally was not running at his full current power, and still smashed a pretty un-smashable thing. Once he took back the power cosmic, he bitch-slapped big G for a bit too. This thread is talking, by definition here, "current" Thor along with his hammer, and that means Thor + Odin Force + Power Cosmic, so a stronger level than the version that just used Mjolnir to smash Stormbreaker.
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

I only say that it could based on the actual, current Thor. And that Thor is pretty out-of-hand powerful, given that he's got Thor + Odin Force (a power level that just used Mjolnir to smash Stormbreaker) and adds on Power cosmic as well, yielding a being who was knocking Galactus around to show that he would not be pushed around by Big G.

I only say that it could based on the actual, current Thor. And that Thor is pretty out-of-hand powerful, given that he's got Thor + Odin Force (a power level that just used Mjolnir to smash Stormbreaker) and adds on Power cosmic as well, yielding a being who was knocking Galactus around to show that he would not be pushed around by Big G.
    Maybe, I'm not too familiar with this version of Thor.

Maybe, I'm not too familiar with this version of Thor.
    It's only been around for 3 issues, so, you know, you are forgiven for not knowing everything about it. :-)

Currently, Thor is Thor, and again worthy, plus Odin retired, so Thor gets Odin's juju as well. Annnnnnd there is a massive multiversal threat coming through, for which Galactus needs certain kinds of energy, so he's ALSO powered Thor up with Power Cosmic to make sure he doesn't kill innocents (Thor insisited). Thor is basically Ultra Instinct Thor now, right down to his flowing silver hair (I wish I were kidding, buuuuut...).

It's only been around for 3 issues, so, you know, you are forgiven for not knowing everything about it. :-)

Currently, Thor is Thor, and again worthy, plus Odin retired, so Thor gets Odin's juju as well. Annnnnnd there is a massive multiversal threat coming through, for which Galactus needs certain kinds of energy, so he's ALSO powered Thor up with Power Cosmic to make sure he doesn't kill innocents (Thor insisited). Thor is basically Ultra Instinct Thor now, right down to his flowing silver hair (I wish I were kidding, buuuuut...).
    Sounds...complicated. Now I remember why I stopped collecting comics. Gone are the days when I used to buy simple X-Men comics where they were just fighting sentinels and Magneto. Now there's a multiversal threat that's trumped by another multiversal threat in a few months down the road.

How do you think Ultra Instinct Thor measures up to Necro-Thor?

Quote Originally Posted by Tomzilla View Post
    How do you think Ultra Instinct Thor measures up to Necro-Thor?
    Smashing Stormbreaker without the PC is pretty good as far as feats go.

With the PC, he /very/ casually backhanded Bill hundreds of miles from outer space to the closest planet. Bill struck the world with Extinction Level Event forces, creating natural disasters and such all over the planet. Now, this is actually probably less impressive then the Stormbreaker smashing, but still. Not a bad feat.

He also held off the Black Winter for 14 seconds with a charged lightning blast when he had the PC. The narrative suggested the lightning could "shatter continents", but the reality is that holding off a Jupiter sized cosmic entity that had damaged Galactus in a previous encounter is waaay above continent level, even if no harm was done.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Smashing Stormbreaker without the PC is pretty good as far as feats go.

With the PC, he /very/ casually backhanded Bill hundreds of miles from outer space to the closest planet. Bill struck the world with Extinction Level Event forces, creating natural disasters and such all over the planet. Now, this is actually probably less impressive then the Stormbreaker smashing, but still. Not a bad feat.

He also held off the Black Winter for 14 seconds with a charged lightning blast when he had the PC. The narrative suggested the lightning could "shatter continents", but the reality is that holding off a Jupiter sized cosmic entity that had damaged Galactus in a previous encounter is waaay above continent level, even if no harm was done.
    Pretty much this - remember, the Black Winter is a universe-menacing threat, such that Galactus needs to suck the energy out of 5 specific planets to get just the right blend of energy to hope to face it down. Regular Galactus isn't a speedbump to this force - it's the force that destroyed the previous universe, before the current one was created. So, stalemating the thing, even for 14 seconds, is pretty ridiculous.

If one were to go with what this SHOULD mean for Thor, well, it's Odin-force, so high end skyfather, King Thor-level stuff, amped further by the power cosmic up to a level that can stop Galactus from just doing what he wants to do.

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

I haven't read the comic in question but I have questions about the events being portrayed.

Thor + Odin Force + Power Cosmic =/= Anywhere near Galactus' league.

Like, from what I recall of Odin throwing down Big G over the Life Seed, Odin was able to hold Galactus' attention in a slugfest but couldn't actually really do all that much to him. Compared to the Odin Force, what Thor himself and the Power Cosmic bring to the table is, at best, effectively superficial.

So, I guess, this "was pushing around Big G" opponent that Thor messes with - who is this and what did they actually do?