Given how the characters are getting older I think it would make sense if eventually the canonical story lines moved toward Batman Beyond territory like introducing a young Powers maybe while at the same time having Joker and Harley get back together and drive Tim insane and ultimately breaking the Bat Family up. For me though it would make more sense if Tim ended up becoming a dark secret locked away in Arkham and is never talked about by the Bat Family. I love this idea because Tim's viewed as the most "innocent" Robin and to me it would make for a more tragic story if the Joker despite dying ends up winning by corrupting Tim permanently. Also in a sense it falls in line with the aspect of Batman never being able to be happy.

Another change I'd make is I'd keep Terry, Bruce's son but I wouldn't do what the cartoons did I'd change things so that Bruce at one point gets Selina knocked but doesn't find out until Terry is five or whatever and being raised by the Mcginnis family. That way I can see Bruce indirectly looking out for the family and keeping eyes on Terry.

One of the major reasons I'd prefer Tim to go insane and become the Joker is he'd be a very dangerous antagonist for Bruce and Terry with how brilliant he is if he crossed into insanity he'd be super dangerous. That being said another change I'd make is I'd have Tim be the founder of the Jokerz seen in Batman Beyond rather than them being fanboys or whatever as I think that would make more sense.

Also I'd love a story line about Barbara joining the GCPD and working her way up the ranks as well as a story arc that shows what happened to his other major rogues and shows how old Bruce got to the point where he picked up that gun on his last night as Batman. I just really think a main continuity story that ties things to Batman Beyond would be cool.