Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

I think Wally will be sitting on that chair until all of the Generation one-shots completed, so five months at least.

How long is Metal? Sounds like they're gonna end at the same time?

5G, in whatever form that will take now. Might end up just being a Convergence/DC One Million type of temporary status quo then the “this is the way things are from now on” status quo it was said to be.
    Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    I think Wally will be sitting on that chair until all of the Generation one-shots completed, so five months at least.

How long is Metal? Sounds like they're gonna end at the same time?
    Seems like it got bigger so it could’ve gotten extended.

Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Probably a big white flash as things get changed by Manhattan Wally West. When everyone wakes up, Death Metal and a lot of Snyder's Justice League run will never have happened, the Source Wall won't be broken, Perpetua will be gone, Lex will be back at Lexcorp, everyone will remember Impulse and Conner Kent, any remaining retgone speedsters (Max Mercury, Jesse Quick) will be back in action, the JSA will be active again, Nightwing will be back to normal, Donna Troy's original origin will be back, Arsenal will be resurrected, and Wally will re-emerge in Central City, reunited with his family.
    And I would be absolutely stoked if this were to pass.
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

I expect another threat to the multiverse that will encapsulate the main line of books while absolutely hijacking the tertiary titles before coalescing into a seven issue miniseries that pushes Batman as the center of creation. It'll be another year of showing how the heroes can barely contain the villains (thus being pretty bad at their job) and, with some luck, a shock value death that is sure to be undone in a few years.

Bonus points if we can speak in platitudes about how another hero is going to be integral to it but, in actuality, it's driven by the Bat books.

If I'm not being overly cynical, I expect 5G will begin in full force not long after and we'll begin to see a lot of new takes on established IP, however the format. If it does well, we'll see the first event towards the end of its first eight months. If it does poorly, six months with the highest-selling book towing the line. This sort of thing is guaranteed to bring in the speculators so I imagine the first month or two will have massively inflated sales but it'll normalize about four-to-six months in across the board (higher or lower than current remains to be seen, obviously).

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    I expect another threat to the multiverse that will encapsulate the main line of books while absolutely hijacking the tertiary titles before coalescing into a seven issue miniseries that pushes Batman as the center of creation. It'll be another year of showing how the heroes can barely contain the villains (thus being pretty bad at their job) and, with some luck, a shock value death that is sure to be undone in a few years.

Bonus points if we can speak in platitudes about how another hero is going to be integral to it but, in actuality, it's driven by the Bat books.

If I'm not being overly cynical, I expect 5G will begin in full force not long after and we'll begin to see a lot of new takes on established IP, however the format. If it does well, we'll see the first event towards the end of its first eight months. If it does poorly, six months with the highest-selling book towing the line. This sort of thing is guaranteed to bring in the speculators so I imagine the first month or two will have massively inflated sales but it'll normalize about four-to-six months in across the board (higher or lower than current remains to be seen, obviously).
    And this isn't actually the end there will be another miniseries or title that will continue this story started in New 52 Batman

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    And this isn't actually the end there will be another miniseries or title that will continue this story started in New 52 Batman
    Why end Batman when he can team up with the Joker and undermine everything the character stands for?

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    Why end Batman when he can team up with the Joker and undermine everything the character stands for?
    Exactly and turn him into a psychopath that has to be killed by a purer version of himself

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    Exactly and turn him into a psychopath that has to be killed by a purer version of himself
    The clone can then be Superman's surrogate father with Joker as an uncle. It's going to be a great status quo that breeds excellent storytelling born from character. You'll all see.

Please, whichever deity or hand of fate that will listen, please no.

Fantastic Member

A metal reboot. I give you DC: Nu-Metal.

The sarcasm force is strong in this thread!

Hehe, I see I am not alone in my dislike for Joker and Batman who Laughs focused stories!
    We are MUTANT..Krakoa, FOREVER!!! “Liberté, Égalité, Fraternité”

Quote Originally Posted by The_Last_Czarnian View Post
    A metal reboot. I give you DC: Nu-Metal.
    They've already shown the Bat-Monster Truck from Death Metal. All they need is for Bruce to drive it into battle blasting Limp Bizkit's "Rollin'"
    Last Read: Zatanna and the Ripper vol. 1

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Batman, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Beware the Planet of the Apes, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Green Arrow, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Superman '78: The Metal Curtain, Thundercats, Titans