Incredible Member

Default Marvel VS DC: would it happen again?

The event itself isn't what I'm referring to; rather, the fight b/n Diana & Ororo (which, to my mind, Diana should've logically won) that was voted on by the public and in which Ororo won - do you think the results would be the same today, after Diana's increase in popularity and position in pop culture generally? Newsarama has a piece arguing that it's time for either a DC vs Marvel or a JLA vs Avengers type event again, and I just started wondering.

Diana's much more prominent publicly, but while I haven't kept up with the X-men, I'm aware of Ororo regularly being referred to as an Omega level mutant over the last decade or so.

Of course, what I'd really want is for them to shake hands, team up, and kick the ass of a cosmic threat. But if comic fandom were voting again, would Storm win, or would WW prevail?

Incredible Member

I suspect they'd pit Wonder Woman against Captain Marvel this time around. They're both the "premier" super-powered super heroines of each universe.

Or maybe they'd go quirky and have Wonder Woman face off against Squirrel Girl?

From my understanding Dan was stopping it from happening. It might wind up coming back

In a vote among fandom, I think Diana would win this time around. She's much more popular than she was, and the X-Men are less (even though their new books are doing well).

But if DC-Marvel happened today, I agree Diana would be fighting Carol Danvers instead of Storm. I think Diana would probably win a popularity contest, but Carol's part of the MCU so....hard to say.

But at least if Diana did lose to Carol, it'd be a viable ending. Carol's got the juice to take Diana, if she's lucky. I like Storm, but there's no way she would've reasonably won that fight with Diana.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Still only crumbs...... BiteTheBullet's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    In a vote among fandom, I think Diana would win this time around. She's much more popular than she was, and the X-Men are less (even though their new books are doing well).

But if DC-Marvel happened today, I agree Diana would be fighting Carol Danvers instead of Storm. I think Diana would probably win a popularity contest, but Carol's part of the MCU so....hard to say.

But at least if Diana did lose to Carol, it'd be a viable ending. Carol's got the juice to take Diana, if she's lucky. I like Storm, but there's no way she would've reasonably won that fight with Diana.
    Nothing would be lucky about it. With respect to the movies that they have been in, Carol is in a much higher plane when it comes to powers. Maybe the DCEU Superman would have a chance, but just maybe.

Comic book Carol isn't as powerful as MCU Carol.

Well, I have fell behind with her book so maybe she's seen a power up recently that I haven't heard about. But typically Carol's written as a step below the likes of Thor and Hulk. And Diana is definitely powerful enough to take on Thor (I think they'd be fairly evenly matched).
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

I'd prefer Wonder Woman going up against Thor than Carol or Storm.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    I'd prefer Wonder Woman going up against Thor than Carol or Storm.
    Man i loved their death battle.

Even though thor lasted too long