Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    BANNED

Sliders Episode 4: Fever - Retro Review

BANNED

Sliders TV Show Episode Covid-19? From the 1990s?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Lang View Post
    How would I do a revival of Sliders?

Well, I'd pretty much pick up after Season 2, and start with the premise that with the assistance of a few of their counterparts in other worlds who have better versions of Sliding technology, Quinn, Wade, Arturo and Rembrandt have managed to return to their home world.

Years pass, and gradually others in the scientific/invention community become aware of the existence of Sliding. And some of them might have less than ethical uses for it.

As a result, an excuse is made to bring at least a few of the classic Sliders (if not the whole original four) out of retirement to go adventuring to other worlds. Maybe they're pursuing people who wish to loot or exploit the resources of those other worlds, or maybe they themselves need resources to help people that can't be found easily on their world (if at all). Or some other reason to visit alternate Earths.

Anyway, regardless, the show returns to the exploration of different possibilities that the first two seasons presented us with. From worlds where things went wrong, to worlds where one's dreams of being a superstar came true.
    I find this to be essential
    The main difference being that this time, they CAN return home whenever they want to - the only problem is, they may run into situations where they have to be VERY careful about doing so, to avoid bringing back something dangerous along with them (insects, viruses, toxins, or bad guys).

And at times the Timer will (much like the TARDIS in Doctor Who) not always take them where they want to go, but where they need to be for the greater good. And sometimes, they will be able to save the day and help the residents of the other Earths, but at the same time realize there's only so much people who are just passing through can do, and know when it's time to leave the rest up to the residents.

So in short, it'd include the best aspects of the original show: Looks at alternate histories, alternate lives for the protagonists themselves, and plenty of ethical discussions (including, but not limited to, the ethics of the technology at their disposal).
    To me, getting rid of those aspects AND Professor Arturo were the stupidest decisions, the producers of the show, made.

Quote Originally Posted by Somecrazyaussie View Post
    I agree. The only way it would survive in the current streaming/binge watching environment is having a overarching plot for each season (maybe a season spent on one earth?). However, that format might get old quick.

No, just bring it back and finally end it on their own terms according to their original plan. Something the X-Files should have done with its revival.
    While I agree that an overarching plot is needed, I disagree that each season has to totally revolve around it. Plenty of recent shows have been successful by doing a mix. Take Supernatural for example. It’s seasons consisted of plenty of self contained one off episodes (“monster of the week”) with plot episodes sprinkled in until it was time to give a sustained focus of the plot. A Sliders reboot could do something similar, but for it to be successful there’d need to be a focus on quality self contained episodes. There’d be no point in bringing back Sliders if it’s lacking the elements that made people love it in the first place.

BANNED

Sliders Episode 5: Last Days - Retro Review

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by titanfan View Post
    I've never seen a show like the original Sliders that went from really good, to totally horrific in the final seasons.
    Cleavant Derricks Jr,'s portrayal of Rembrandt was to me really good througout ALL seasons His presence prevented the final seasons to be totally horrific.

In any case, I think that a reboot would be great, a streaming service would be perfect for it, as it has a loyal die hard fan base.
    Totally agree! However, the first season is to be 25 episodes because I find the show to be terrific to binge watch and 10 episodes for a season is far too short.

BANNED

Sliders Episode 6: The Weaker Sex - Retro Review

Quote Originally Posted by titanfan View Post
    I've never seen a show like the original Sliders that went from really good, to totally horrific in the final seasons. Almost everyone I knew that watched was begging for it to be cancelled near the end.
    ..............Heroes?

BANNED

Agreed...from Heroes to Zeros

I loved this show! I'd totally watch a reboot or new season.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Indian Ink View Post
    ..............Heroes?
    Dammit you're right! I've blacked that out.

BANNED

MAJOR sliders revival/reboot/season6 UPDATE!

BANNED

Why Sliders Replaced Professor Arturo With Maggie Beckett https://screenrant.com/sliders-repla...e-beckett-why/

BANNED

SLIDERS Intro | Season 6 - Episodes 1 & 2 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U0CNMsuXTNE

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    A series that hasn't been on in two decades getting a reboot or revival... the only reason to do it would be to get some closure for the fans. Do a short season where they finally slide home.
    And when they do I can see the character Wade Welles campaigning for Hillary Clinton to become the first woman to be president of the USA.