Page 1 of 14 1234511 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Default Mixed Martial Arts

As discussed in pro graps, we need a place to discuss the wonderful world of shoot fighting!

1. Jones vs Cormier, it's a more interesting fight from a sales perspective, but does cormier have a better shot than gustafson?
    2. Rhonda Rousey, is she ever going to lose or will people ever get tired of seeing her easily beat people she outclasses?
    3. What happened to the heavyweight division?
    4. Silva vs diaz, i want Diaz to win but don't think he has a chance. However, guys coming off injury are sometimes never the same. Who do you have?
    Last edited by Gordon; 08-12-2014 at 05:45 PM. Reason: No stakeclaiming, and no ''thread'' in title!

BANNED

I think Rousey walks away before anyone gets close to beating her

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Vibranium View Post
    I think Rousey walks away before anyone gets close to beating her
    Thats my prediction. Just like Cyborg

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by alex View Post
    As discussed in pro graps, we need a place to discuss the wonderful world of shoot fighting!

1. Jones vs Cormier, it's a more interesting fight from a sales perspective, but does cormier have a better shot than gustafson?
    2. Rhonda Rousey, is she ever going to lose or will people ever get tired of seeing her easily beat people she outclasses?
    3. What happened to the heavyweight division?
    4. Silva vs diaz, i want Diaz to win but don't think he has a chance. However, guys coming off injury are sometimes never the same. Who do you have?
    It's interesting that the heavyweight division in MMA is reaching the same status as the heavyweight division in boxing. At first it was the hot commodity but now it just has people nobody wants to see.

I think the last time that division became watchable was when Lesnar was there.
    Last edited by Gordon; 08-12-2014 at 05:51 PM. Reason: Edited for content

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Legato View Post
    Thats my prediction. Just like Cyborg
    They are trying to get cyborg back, i think she will also lose since pretty much her entire career she was on peds.

Astonishing Member

It's interesting that the heavyweight division in MMA is reaching the same status as the heavyweight division in boxing. At first it was the hot commodity but now is just has people nobody wants to see.

I think the last time that division became watchable was when Lesnar was there.
    I think one of the issues is UFC isn't really...well, it's talent based but it's more personality based. Cain was a great fighter but he wasn't exactly a compelling personality, neither was dos santos, they were both just nice dudes who could fight.

BANNED

They are trying to get cyborg back, i think she will also lose since pretty much her entire career she was on peds.
    Key word is trying though since she outright states that she retired from MMA.

Astonishing Member

Key word is trying though since she outright states that she retired from MMA.
    Because she doesn't want to get the shit kicked out of her when she's off drugs.
    Gina fight is a joke, i understand why they are doing it since she was a name before rousey, and she's an attractive woman, but she's going to get killed.
    That's what the women's division is going to be, gimmick fights. They should put someone on a pole.

BANNED

The women's division in MMA is like the Divas Division in the E. On the divas side if it doesn't have AJ or Paige then I don't give a crap. On the MMA side if it doesn't have Rousey then I don't give a crap.

BANNED

Im hoping in the next 3-5 years, that a womans division is more than just one or two fighters and a bunch of scrubs

Astonishing Member

If they find another woman who is a draw then im sure they will work harder to grow the division.

BANNED

heavyweight has never interested me

middle and bantam weight are where its at for both boxing and MMA

boxings next big star is a middleweight...Gennady Golovkin

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vibranium View Post
    heavyweight has never interested me
    Really?
    Hunt vs Silva was one of the best fights i've ever seen.

If they find another woman who is a draw then im sure they will work harder to grow the division.
    Gina Carano vs Rousey in Dec. Biggest woman's fight in history. Can't wait.
    Anne Bonnie, Princess Ugg, Five Ghosts, Saga, Rat Queens, Groo, Goon, Usagi Yojimbo, Sixth Gun, Wasteland, Courtney Crumrin, Jonah Hex, Walking Dead, Manifest Destiny, God Hates Astronauts, Spread, Fearless Dawn, Nailbiter, Copperhead, Stray Bullets, Birthright, Bone, Lazarus

Actually now that I think about it Gina vs Rousey might be UFC's biggest match in their foreseeable future in terms of marketability. I can't think of another match that would have the same appeal. Maybe Silva vs GSP if he decides to come back? but that match a lost a lot of it's aura after Silva losing to Weidman.
    Anne Bonnie, Princess Ugg, Five Ghosts, Saga, Rat Queens, Groo, Goon, Usagi Yojimbo, Sixth Gun, Wasteland, Courtney Crumrin, Jonah Hex, Walking Dead, Manifest Destiny, God Hates Astronauts, Spread, Fearless Dawn, Nailbiter, Copperhead, Stray Bullets, Birthright, Bone, Lazarus