Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member

Default 8th Annual Most Wanted Marvel Omnibus Poll

From Tigereyes on the Masterworks Boards:

“ Hello everyone, friends new and old, it's that time of the year-- the one where everyone pleads their cases and casts their SECRET ballots for the Most Wanted Marvel Omnibus. This past year saw quite a few selections make it to fruition including

Ben Reilly Omnibus 2
    Ditko Master of Suspense 2
    She Hulk by Byrne
    Hulk by David Vol 1
    Infinity Crusade
    Excalibur
    New Mutants

6 Books will see the light of day by the years end, and that means a minimum of 9 new entries on the Most Wanted List, with several others rumored to be solicited but nothing official through solicitations

How it works...Just rank your ten choices from number 1--(your most wanted) through number 10 and then send them to me in an email.

Your 1st place vote is worth 10 points, 2nd place gets 9 points.... and your 10th place vote is worth 1 point.

1. 10 points
    2. 9 points
    3. 8 points
    4. 7 points
    5. 6 points
    6. 5 points
    7. 4 points
    8. 3 points
    9. 2 points
    10. 1 point

By creating a separate email account it allows for more inclusion, for those who lurk, and for those who can reach out to others whom have comic based podcasts or websites, comic shops, or even other friends who want to partake. I am striving to maintain a minimum of 200+ voters but honestly would love to catapult the number of participants to the next level. The more votes we get, the better our sample. PLEASE TELL EVERYONE YOU KNOW ABOUT THE POLL.

Please send your votes to MarvelOmniSecretBallot@gmail.com.

Please bump the thread once you have voted, so the link stays on the front page.

No reprints

Please be as specific as possible in your choices... If you want a Captain Marvel Omnibus...Do you want David Vol 1, David Vol2, Thompson, DeConnick or someone else/

Most importantly, this is a SECRET ballot, do not post your complete list on the thread as it does take the fun out of it a bit. If you would like to nominate something that did not make the TOP 50 last year so it jogs people's memories, I will allow for that.

Happy Casting!!!

Last Day to Vote will be Midnight Eastern time on April 11th 2020”

https://community.cbr.com/showthread...-Omnibus/page4 post #57 has last years top 60 results.
    Last edited by Brewman; 03-23-2020 at 08:16 AM.
    I brew the beer you drink. What's your super power?

Mighty Member

I had 3 of my 10 from last year actually get announced/released, and I just broke down and got another of the things on my list in TPB (and didn't find the story good enough to double dip), so I'm going to be struggling a bit to figure out what to put in place. I have ideas for a couple slots, but I'll be watching this thread to see if there are any good "exotic" collections to add (that is, not the next collection in a run of omnis)
    Blue text denotes sarcasm

Amazing Member

There is a certain book volume 4 coming out later this year, so it's not out yet, but can one already ask for the volume 5?

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Taiyaki View Post
    There is a certain book volume 4 coming out later this year, so it's not out yet, but can one already ask for the volume 5?
    Absolutely. If it's not a reprint and Vol. 4 is on the way, there's no problem voting for a Vol. 5.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    Absolutely. If it's not a reprint and Vol. 4 is on the way, there's no problem voting for a Vol. 5.
    I'll be sending that in then.

All-New Member

bump - voted

Astonishing Member

Bump-Voted.

Amazing Member

Bump voted.

I'd like to nominate the below Omnibus. It would be great to see Denny O'Neil's Daredevil in Omnibus format.

Daredevil by Denny O’Neill,
    Klaus Janson, David Mazzucchelli & Others (DD #192-218, #220-225, Marvel Fanfare #27, MTU #140-141, Moon Knight #13 & any other relevant Marvel Fanfare & MTU appearances).

Good one there, totally agree with getting more Daredevil omnis from that era.

Gonna struggle getting 10 total this year though, personally.

Amazing Member

I liked the idea of the What If comics from the 1990’s (got it from someone else). Definitely something I’d buy, so I added it to what was otherwise an X-Men and Fantastic Four related heavy list.

Mighty Member

I'm still trying to find two more I really want, but while I'm dithering I'd like to nominate

Counter-X by Warren Ellis - X-Man 63-75, Generation X 63-75, X-Force 102-115

It'd fit perfectly on the shelf after X-Men: The Twelve and next to Revolutions.
    Blue text denotes sarcasm

Another nomination of my second favourite Marvel hero:

Captain Britain & Marvel UK (Captain Britain & MI 13 #1-15, Annual #1, Revolutionary War Parts 1-8, Excalibur: Sword of Power #1-4)

BANNED

Ultimate X-Men Omnibus Please.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Voted - BUMP!
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime