Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Spectacular Member

I'm very interested to vote, but I have no idea where to get the mapping, especially for materials in silver-bronze-90s before the vol 2s start. Anyone have the mapping in one place? Or some kind of nominated list?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by mzqamarul View Post
    I'm very interested to vote, but I have no idea where to get the mapping, especially for materials in silver-bronze-90s before the vol 2s start. Anyone have the mapping in one place? Or some kind of nominated list?
    Mapping is not required. Some people do it, but generalities work. In the past people would say Peter David Hulk Vol 1 and leave it at that.
    I brew the beer you drink. What's your super power?

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bob.schoonover View Post
    ASM 388 (the end of Life Theft) is the last Michelinie issue, but otherwise the above is an eminently reasonable way to break up the issues for mapping the issues. I have a fondness for the mapping I chose for a couple reasons, mainly that I like the X-Men universe way of mapping things where you have title omnis and then OHCs for big events and everything is sequential. So I'm imagining a Bagley omni (351-378 + annuals), a Buscema/DeMatteis SSM omni, an MC OHC, then Prelude to Clone Saga as a really nice run on a shelf (I also want a Web OHC from 84-100, but that seems . . . wildly unlikely given what is currently on the shelves)
    Yes, you're right. It'll be better ending at ASM #388. I also prefer Title and Event Omnibuses as opposed to creator ones as the latter can omit vital issues as is the case with the Spidey John Byrne Omnibus.

Spectacular Member

Voted. Reading punisher max right now so I need other Punisher/Fury Max material by Ennis in a new omni.

Spectacular Member

Voted!

I nominate SPECTACULAR SPIDER-MAN BY PETER DAVID (#103-136, Annuals 5-6) as my perennial underdog fave that has yet to make the list.

All-New Member

I won't post my full list here, but my most wanted omni is The Amazing Spider-Man Vol 5.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Samma_Hobie View Post
    I won't post my full list here, but my most wanted omni is The Amazing Spider-Man Vol 5.
    Right, the OP says Please don't post your list in this thread.

Once voting has ended many of us then will post our lists for comparisons sake. I can't recall if that is in a new thread or this one but as courtesy to not affecting votes we wait till voting has ended.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    Right, the OP says Please don't post your list in this thread.

Once voting has ended many of us then will post our lists for comparisons sake. I can't recall if that is in a new thread or this one but as courtesy to not affecting votes we wait till voting has ended.
    I would think continue to use this one. Once the results are released this thread usually turns to peoples lists and any relevant discussion to the results. This year looks to be more subdued than previous years, so probably even less of a reason for a new thread.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Samma_Hobie View Post
    Yeah, don't post your full list, but some people like to nominate 1-2 things from their list they think might not be as readily remembered (ASM v5, I'm sure, will be on plenty of lists). I choose to believe that me nominating X-Men: The Twelve on CBR last year got it on the list last year and then made by Marvel this year.
    Blue text denotes sarcasm

Incredible Member

First round of results:

#60 90’s Ghost Rider
    #59 (tie) Hulk by Mantalo
    #59 (tie) Daredevil by O’Neill
    #58 Spider-Man Alien Costume Saga
    #57 X-Factor (1986) Vol. 1
    #56 Ms. Marvel (Kamala Khan)

Amazing Member

Was X-Factor 86 on previous lists? That's one book I'd buy.

Astonishing Member

Now that the results are apearing i can say my Top 10 most wanted Marvel Omnibus.

1.Amazing Spider-Man Vol.5.
    2.Spectacular Spider-Man by J.M.DeMatteis.
    3.Fantastic Four Vol.4.
    4.Ghost Rider by Howard Mackie.
    5.Daredevil by Ann Nocenti.
    6.Avengers by Roger Stern.
    7.Generation X.
    8.Wolverine by Larry Hama.
    9.Captain America by Mark Gruenwald.
    10.Amazing Spider-Man by Tom de Falco.

All those stories are comic books i read in the past that i think would be great in a Omnibus.
    Generation X is the only one i have not read much,but from what i read looked really good.So a Gen X Omnibus due the cool Chris Bachalo art would be awesome to me.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Brewman View Post
    First round of results:

#60 90’s Ghost Rider
    #59 (tie) Hulk by Mantalo
    #59 (tie) Daredevil by O’Neill
    #58 Spider-Man Alien Costume Saga
    #57 X-Factor (1986) Vol. 1
    #56 Ms. Marvel (Kamala Khan)
    I did not voted for Incredible Hulk by Bill Mantlo but that would a cool Omnibus.
    I did voted for a 90´s Ghost Rider Omnibus,and have to say i am quite surprised to see it only ranked at 60 th place.
    From what i know that was a popular comic book from that time,i think it was one of the comic books from Marvel that remained consistent in comic book sales when the first Image comic books were being made,and Marvel comic books were selling less compared to the new Image comic books of the early 90´s.
    Anyways a Ghost Rider of the 90´s with art by Mark Texeira and Javier Saltares in a Omnibus format would be awesome.

Amazing Member

I don't have my full list on hand but off the top of my head in the very top (not 100% sure the order) I had the following three:

Fantastic Four vol 4
    Silver Surfer Englehart
    Uncanny X-Men vol 5

Mighty Member

Here was my list:

1. Spectacular Spider-man by DeMatteis - Spectacular Spider-man 178-200, 241-257, Annual 13, 14

2. Iron Man by Bendis - Invincible Iron Man 1-14, International Iron Man 1-7, Infamous Iron Man 1-12, Invincible Iron Man 1-11, 593-600, Civil War II 1-8

3. Counter-X by Warren Ellis - X-Man 63-75, Generation X 63-75, X-Force 102-115

4. Spectacular Spider-man by Bill Mantlo v2 - I know v1 doesn't technically exist, but I'd want 61-89 to pair with the Stern omnibus

5. Daredevil by Denny O’Neill - DD 192-218, 220-225

6. X-Force: On Their Own (the post-Cable period) - X-Force (v1) 71-100

7. Spider-Man: Prelude to the Clone Saga (It could also be called "Peter's really angry phase": ASM 381-393, SSM 204-216, WoSM 104-116, SM 38-50

8. X-Men: Messiah Trilogy - Messiah Complex, Endangered Species, Messiah War, Second Coming

9. Cosmic Marvel by Al Ewing - Ultimates 1-12, Ultimates2 1-9, 100, Royals 1-12

10. X-Men: Road to Onslaught - Uncanny X-Men 322-332, X-Men 42-52, X-Men Unlimited 8-10, various other issues
    Blue text denotes sarcasm