Mighty Member

Default Marvel Unlimited question

Marvel Unlimited looks really cool. I saw the preview for the digital comics and the quality looks great. Has anyone used it? I noticed they have three plans, annually, monthly and then there's an annual plus for like 99 bucks. What's the annual plus get you?

So, when I paid for a year in advance, I paid $60! Worth it.
    "Sir, does this mean that Ann Margret's not coming?"
    ----------------------
    "One of the maddening but beautiful things about comics is that you have to give characters a sense of change without changing them so much that they violate the essence of who they are." ~ Ann Nocenti, Chris Claremont's X-Men.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

When you are on the annual plan, you get a mystery box at the end of the year. You should get one when you sign up for an ongoing or annual account. And you can cancel at anytime.

Last year I got 3 variant of Hickman's new X - titles and an X-Man symbol patch that you can sew on a jacket or something. I've gotten buttons and pins in the past too. And action figures. One was the gold Ultron, another was plain clothes Tony Stark ( no stand) and a Captain Marvel in Black and Silver with her Kree style helmet, Rescue, and a Venom with his tongue sticking out and a high powered rifle of some kind.

I happen to pose the Ultron figure (I got his torso backwards in the pic! ) with some new Funko stuff and Marvel Legends Doom and Namor 80th Marvel anniversary figure. I really missed out on getting the Doom without his mask and wearing the Infinity Gauntlet. They were only giving it out to newly subscribed members. I even wrote a complaint since there was no prize when I signed up as I recall. But they said since it was a specific offer for new accounts they would not be giving out anymore.

The only thing I have to say is that it's always going to be a work in progress. You will see some runs with gaps in them. I suspect it's because there is some problem digitizing some titles. And sometimes they hold back on stuff they are planning to put out in a collection. For example, I loved the Doom 2099 series but up until 3 or 4 years ago, it was not included on Marvel Unlimited except for one issue that was a crossover with Spider-Man 2099. Now that they released a volume of Warren Ellis issues, it may eventually hit Marvel Unlimited. For now, since I bought a digital version of the TPB, I can read them when I lgo over to Marvel's comic shop, which is linked to Comixology. The reader in MU is not the same as that one.
    Last edited by Iron Maiden; 04-25-2020 at 05:20 PM.

Amazing Member

Marvel unlimited is really good and i can recommend it. There are tons of issues and the value is really good. I was able to read tons and tons of back issues.

Personally i just cancelled it as i bought all the digital trades i needed to catch up to current runs. My only real complaint about marvel unlimited is the app is slow. I would suggest downloading any issues youre planning to read just so you dont get stuck where a page wont load.