Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Astonishing Member Electricmastro's Avatar

Astonishing Member Electricmastro's Avatar

My Top 3:

I'm aware he had a mini-series recently, but I would LOVE another one for...

Death's Head

Deserving a series of his own after years of obscurity, I always thought Nighthawk (Kyle Richmond) had a lot of potential:

Since he was brought back not too long ago, Maverick should get another chance at a series (but with his powers restored, and wearing his old outfit):

Last edited by K7P5V; 02-26-2021 at 03:10 PM. Reason: Corrected grammatical errors.

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    My Top 3:

I'm aware he had a mini-series recently, but I would love another one for Death's Head...

I'd love to see a story where he's his original huge size.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

I would rather see characters get well thought out and planned mini series than just a thrown together ongoing. At least with a planned out mini your getting the whole story the writer wants to tell. If the mini does good you give them another mini. If that one does good then you go into and ongoing. Just throwing random characters into and ongoing and hoping for the best just hurts that character in the long run because they get the stink of failure all over them.

I'd love to see a story where he's his original huge size.
    He was in his transformers size in a older agents of sword story.

Love classic death's head stories. I do still need to pick up the new trade paperback of some of his older stories.

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    I would rather see characters get well thought out and planned mini series than just a thrown together ongoing. At least with a planned out mini your getting the whole story the writer wants to tell. If the mini does good you give them another mini. If that one does good then you go into and ongoing. Just throwing random characters into and ongoing and hoping for the best just hurts that character in the long run because they get the stink of failure all over them.
    The problem there is that unless it's an event, minis usually don't sell these days, most fans view them as not mattering in the long run so just pass them over. It's not helped by the fact that this is often reflected in the books themselves, where events from minis are quickly forgotten and not usually referenced beyond the book they happened in. Market it as a mini, and thousands of people will just pass, even if they would have given it a look as an ongoing. Marketing it as an ongoing just elevates its prestige to many readers. You've got to have something very special (like King's Vision, for example) that can generate a lot of word of mouth buzz to overcome mini induced apathy, but that sort of thing is not something you can intentionally recreate. And even with Vision, initial orders were low, because it was a mini with a lower tier character, so Marvel had to reprint and re-solicit it with a second run almost immediately, it was a very unusual situation that just doesn't happen 9 times out of 10. Before they can do what you suggest they have to somehow combat the stigma against minis in many readers minds, because not everything will be able to generate that level of buzz.

Vision wasn't a mini. It ran for 12 issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Electricmastro View Post

Marvel UK as a whole just gets no love. I was surprised that Marvel #1000 actually had a Night Raven prose piece.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman