Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by your_name_here View Post
    Secret Invasion would have had far more research into Marvels past. Huge opportunity to rewrite/explain micharacterisations or kill/bring back who they wanted. More shocks as to who was actually a Skrull, with detailed flashbacks in the accompanying Avengers book showing how, in-canon, that actually worked.
    Added something slightly different to Reed just “figuring out how to tell who is a Skrull”...perhaps a ragtag team go undercover and we get more spy-shenanigans before the big fight. REALLY hone in on the “who can you trust” thing.
    I could see that working.

Personally, I'd have rewritten Civil War so Iron Man's side committed less atrocities against civil, constitutional, and/or human rights. Maria Hill jumping the gun on Captain America would have been something that came with actual consequences for the perceived legitimacy of the pro-registration side, as pointing guns at and threatening to arrest someone who only raised reasonable objections to an act that hadn't even become law yet wouldn't exactly prove the case for the Act's righteousness. Bill Foster Goliath wouldn't have been murdered in cold blood by an out-of-control cyborg clone of Thor created by Tony Stark, Reed Richards, and (Skrull) Hank Pym, as that was the most egregious part of Civil War to me, particularly in that neither Tony nor Reed faced any (meaningful) consequences for that, so if Marvel was gonna act like that never happened . . . then my version wouldn't have it happen in the first place.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Actually, I AM rewriting an event: Secret Wars. It is fine as it is, but it's the final story of the Ultimate universe, so it should have been completely about them. If they have to go, let them go with a bang, with a massive story that makes an homage to this universe and all of its characters and events. I called it Ultimate Secret Wars

The backstory, Hickman's Avengers and New Avengers, is exactly the canon version, up to the point when the Cabal escapes to the Ultimate universe and finds the Maker. In my story, Nick Fury was not so naive about the Maker, so he was being watched. The heroes find out about the incursions, and have to come up with some plan to stop them (in the process, I bring back one of the Ultimate characters who was really an OC, and sadly so underused). Even the retired Peter knows about it, in a "One More Day" story that ends well.

Alas, they can not prevent the final incursion (we wouldn't have Battleworld if they did), but they fall in Battleworld after it. The Thors attack them some minutes later, and another Ultimate character returns in Battleworld (or not, because him being there is canon). The group is split... and the story is still going on. Subscribe to the fan fiction to get the updates!

* Prologue
    * Last days of the Ultimate Marvel Universe
    * Countdown to Ultimate Extinction
    * Everything dies
    * One More Day
    * Day of Reckoning
    * Time runs out
    * Ainulindale
    * The Breaking of the Fellowship
    * Warriors of Battleworld United

Quote Originally Posted by Ultimate Captain America View Post
    Actually, I AM rewriting an event: Secret Wars. It is fine as it is, but it's the final story of the Ultimate universe, so it should have been completely about them. If they have to go, let them go with a bang, with a massive story that makes an homage to this universe and all of its characters and events. I called it Ultimate Secret Wars

The backstory, Hickman's Avengers and New Avengers, is exactly the canon version, up to the point when the Cabal escapes to the Ultimate universe and finds the Maker. In my story, Nick Fury was not so naive about the Maker, so he was being watched. The heroes find out about the incursions, and have to come up with some plan to stop them (in the process, I bring back one of the Ultimate characters who was really an OC, and sadly so underused). Even the retired Peter knows about it, in a "One More Day" story that ends well.

Alas, they can not prevent the final incursion (we wouldn't have Battleworld if they did), but they fall in Battleworld after it. The Thors attack them some minutes later, and another Ultimate character returns in Battleworld (or not, because him being there is canon). The group is split... and the story is still going on. Subscribe to the fan fiction to get the updates!

* Prologue
    * Last days of the Ultimate Marvel Universe
    * Countdown to Ultimate Extinction
    * Everything dies
    * One More Day
    * Day of Reckoning
    * Time runs out
    * Ainulindale
    * The Breaking of the Fellowship
    * Warriors of Battleworld United
    Thanks. Sounds pretty awesome, and it would have been a better finale for Ultimate than Ultimate End.

Secret Invasion would have had far more research into Marvels past. Huge opportunity to rewrite/explain micharacterisations or kill/bring back who they wanted. More shocks as to who was actually a Skrull, with detailed flashbacks in the accompanying Avengers book showing how, in-canon, that actually worked.
    Added something slightly different to Reed just “figuring out how to tell who is a Skrull”...perhaps a ragtag team go undercover and we get more spy-shenanigans before the big fight. REALLY hone in on the “who can you trust” thing.
    It all makes sense now. The out of character Er characters on Krakoa are all Skrulls!
    “The Avengers have been the one point of stability in my entire life. And if The Avengers call… then The Scarlet Witch will always answer.”

I rebuilt the entire decade of the 80s for the X-Books. Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4, Part 5

Highlights:
    1. Kitty Pryde joins the Hellions.
    2. Bishop is from DOFP.
    3. Cyclops replaces Magneto as the New Mutants' mentor.
    4. Mister Sinister and Longshot are both Genoshan.
    5. Chamber turns Madelyne into Jean Grey.

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    I rebuilt the entire decade of the 80s for the X-Books. Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4, Part 5

Highlights:
    1. Kitty Pryde joins the Hellions.
    2. Bishop is from DOFP.
    3. Cyclops replaces Magneto as the New Mutants' mentor.
    4. Mister Sinister and Longshot are both Genoshan.
    5. Chamber turns Madelyne into Jean Grey.
    The second one reminds me of how he was handled in the 90s X-Men animated series.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    The second one reminds me of how he was handled in the 90s X-Men animated series.
    Exactly my inspiration!

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    Exactly my inspiration!
    Wow, that's pretty awesome.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    I too would definitely retool the AvX event.

1. I would involve Cable & Rachel more heavily in the training of Hope Summers.
    2. The true antagonist would be the Shi'Ar, with some underhanded dealings made by S.W.O.R.D/Agent Brand
    3. The conflict between the Avengers & X-Men would stem from said underhanded dealings and Cable's vision about the Avengers coming to claim Hope.
    4. The whole hide & seek between A+X would still happen.
    5. Abandon the Phoenix Five disaster in favor of a Summers Family division (Cable, Rachel & Hope)
    6. Avengers & X-Men come together to save the planet from the Shi'Ar
    yeah reading AVX, I don't like how they made Cyclops the villian and all of the way they treated the X-Men just to prop up the Avengers.

I would have had it start the same way, but instead of the fight starting, Cyclops and Cap agree to train Hope to be able to handle the Phoenix and then through events both internal and external have it all go wrong and eventually have both sides fighting each other. Perhaps neither side is actually wrong, they just don't see the other opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    I too would definitely retool the AvX event.

1. I would involve Cable & Rachel more heavily in the training of Hope Summers.
    2. The true antagonist would be the Shi'Ar, with some underhanded dealings made by S.W.O.R.D/Agent Brand
    3. The conflict between the Avengers & X-Men would stem from said underhanded dealings and Cable's vision about the Avengers coming to claim Hope.
    4. The whole hide & seek between A+X would still happen.
    5. Abandon the Phoenix Five disaster in favor of a Summers Family division (Cable, Rachel & Hope)
    6. Avengers & X-Men come together to save the planet from the Shi'Ar
    As long as we can keep Spider-man also training Hope. That was honestly one of the best scenes ever in my opinion. Personally I would have loved if Hope had been in Amazing Spider-man for awhile after that. (Instead we got Alpha)

Now I know I might get some flack for this next event rewrite, but Age of Apocalypse. Just simply, have it affect every title and not be an X -event only.
    I think restorative nostalgia is the number one issue with comic book fans.
    A fine distinction between two types of Nostalgia:

Reflective Nostalgia allows us to savor our memories but accepts that they are in the past
    Restorative Nostalgia pushes back against the here and now, keeping us stuck trying to relive our glory days.

Quote Originally Posted by adamishere1 View Post
    yeah reading AVX, I don't like how they made Cyclops the villian and all of the way they treated the X-Men just to prop up the Avengers.

I would have had it start the same way, but instead of the fight starting, Cyclops and Cap agree to train Hope to be able to handle the Phoenix and then through events both internal and external have it all go wrong and eventually have both sides fighting each other. Perhaps neither side is actually wrong, they just don't see the other opinion.
    Quote Originally Posted by LordMikel View Post
    As long as we can keep Spider-man also training Hope. That was honestly one of the best scenes ever in my opinion. Personally I would have loved if Hope had been in Amazing Spider-man for awhile after that. (Instead we got Alpha)

Now I know I might get some flack for this next event rewrite, but Age of Apocalypse. Just simply, have it affect every title and not be an X -event only.
    That would have worked, and I also liked Spider-Man's interaction with Hope. As silly as "with great power, there must also come great responsibility" can come off to the more cynical and jaded of us, it's still a very profound lesson that power is not to be used solely for one's own benefit or gain, but more so for the betterment of the world and the people in it. As for mistakes both internal and external causing a violent schism between the Avengers and the X-Men despite their best efforts to work together, I'd be fine with the Shi'ar coming back as the true villain(s) of this saga, trying to finish the job they started in "End of Greys" by killing the Phoenix and its destined host, forcing the Avengers and X-Men to reunite to stop them. Hell, the Shi'ar could be responsible for the fracturing of the Phoenix and the unintended empowerment of the "Phoenix Five" in their attempt to kill it instead of Iron Man's hubris being what escalates that situation.

Quote Originally Posted by LordMikel View Post
    Actually, the non-mutant heroes are also part of the story, in "X-Universe". Just two issues, and do not play part in the main story (it was just an optional tie-in), but its something. Taking into account that Marvel placed all the emphasis on just the X-Men and Spider-Man back then, we're lucky we even got that. But at least it's something, you should check it.

But note that none of them have powers, and many have already died in the background (thing start in a ravaged Wakanda). It is, after all, the Age of Apocalypse. Grim, dark and hopeless beyond despair comes in the package.

Yeah... that was just a whole lot of nuthin'. I was almost excited about Secret Invasion because of just how badly the current roster of characters had been written. ESPECIALLY in Civil War.... There was such a grand opportunity to say 'Nope, that wasn't them.... here's the real version back'. Then they had the crashed ship with a bunch of characters coming out... and i don't even remember what happened. I don't remember ANY impressive changes happening at all. I think mockingbird came back to life... but everyone else who could have been a skrull... was a skrull and there were zero surprises or satisfaction at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    I could see that working.

Personally, I'd have rewritten Civil War so Iron Man's side committed less atrocities against civil, constitutional, and/or human rights. Maria Hill jumping the gun on Captain America would have been something that came with actual consequences for the perceived legitimacy of the pro-registration side, as pointing guns at and threatening to arrest someone who only raised reasonable objections to an act that hadn't even become law yet wouldn't exactly prove the case for the Act's righteousness. Bill Foster Goliath wouldn't have been murdered in cold blood by an out-of-control cyborg clone of Thor created by Tony Stark, Reed Richards, and (Skrull) Hank Pym, as that was the most egregious part of Civil War to me, particularly in that neither Tony nor Reed faced any (meaningful) consequences for that, so if Marvel was gonna act like that never happened . . . then my version wouldn't have it happen in the first place.
    Yeah... if they wanted to do Civil War 'right'. Step 1 would have been to actually determine what the heck the registration act ACTUALLY entailed. In some books heroes could disappear and retire quietly ... in others they were arrested for refusing to sign up. Sometimes they signed and did their own thing... in others they are automatically servants of SHIELD who are sent to kill their friends.... Too many writers and zero consistency. It was madness trying to get any legitimate decision on who was 'right' when the foundation of the fight kept moving.

Step 2: remember that they were STILL HEROES. I though it was STUPID the way they treated these 'heroes' so much WORSE than actual murdering VILLAINS. Bullseye gets locked up in maximum security prison.... Daredevil gets thrown into a negative zone prison... Villains get warrants put out for them... Heroes get armored 'Cape-killer' troops sent after them in their homes... It was ridiculous.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

World War Hulk should have shown the explosion was caused by a bad design by Richards and Stark and not the Miek cop out. Hulk would have been satisfied with them admitting they screwed up and the world saw them for the frauds they were and calmed down. He would then have taken the rest of the Warbound and went and set up a little place in the desert somewhere. Sentry would not have been involved at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    World War Hulk should have shown the explosion was caused by a bad design by Richards and Stark and not the Miek cop out. Hulk would have been satisfied with them admitting they screwed up and the world saw them for the frauds they were and calmed down. He would then have taken the rest of the Warbound and went and set up a little place in the desert somewhere. Sentry would not have been involved at all.
    I wouldn't have cared for that at all.

1) it means that the heroes just wiped out life on a planet... No real coming back from that.

2) That story would NEVER fit, since the design would have worked just fine... if Hulk hadn't smashed the ever loving crap out of it. Even if the bug wasn't involved at all the blame would still be Hulk's. You punch a nuclear reactor and get mad because it blows up... you can't blame the guys who built the reactor.