Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default August 2020 solicitations - Coronavirus catch-up edition

Here's the August solicits. Most titles missing in July are still missing in August, unfortunately.
    https://www.newsarama.com/50291-marv...citations.html
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

My thoughts are this:

Outlawed is pretty much DOA. We're close to four months of solicits and none of the titles are even solicited? Yeah, that's not a coincidence. I'm thinking that Miles Morales isn't on here to rewrite it away from Outlawed so that they could have that book sell without it. A shame about the rest of the books, though.

So Empyre isn't going weekly? Bummer. Speaking of which, a large number of the tie-ins are missing. Did Marvel stop production of those or are they going digital?

Yay! Star Wars is back with #5!

No Conan the Barbarian titles? Weird. I'd have thought they would prioritize that given how big of a deal they made with the rights being at Marvel.

So we have a Daredevil Annual but not the regular Daredevil title? That makes no sense.

Surprised Black Panther isn't here, given that Coates only has a few issues left.

We do know that Black Widow is scheduled for October 7 (it was confirmed from Marvel's website), so I'm not too worried about those titles.

I'd be very curious to see which of the missing books will go digital only and which will just be straight up cancelled.

Miles Morales #17 (due June 10) was originally due on April 1 and thus was probably already printed. The rest of the arc will probably go digital, hence why it's not solicited - then maybe they'll relaunch it in print after Champions (also in digital) wraps up at issue 5 or 6? Outlawed is definitely doomed now.

Having a few issues left only makes Black Panther more likely to share the same fate.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Im bummed about Outlawed. I am hoping maybe they release iut digital at least. A short list of titles. I am hoping they can be back on track soon.

I am really looking forward to Maestro.

Any word on the Juggernant Mini? I was really looking forward to that.

Where can I find news on what is going to be digital exclusive and when they come out? Pretty much every title I read is missing.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

We only got a few days notice of the comics that came out digitally last week, didn't we? And this week's were announced with them. I'd expect them to say something in the next few days.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

I notice the low selling Avengers of the Wasteland is going to TPB. We know issue #4 went digital so I expect the same fate for #5. Still no release date given for Doctor Doom #7 and the first arc needs to be completed. We know that it's written because Cantwell said he had finished writing until issue #10 IIRC. This is so weird....where are those comics early April that were probably printed back in late March? Are they really stuck somewhere in the pipeline? Fantastic Four IIRC was supposed to be released April 8 but it's hard to tell and that has been given a new release date. The Diamond Preview site had all the catalogs prior the shut down removed from the site.

Incredible Member PlatinumThorns's Avatar

The entire release schedule is a mess. I'm honestly thinking about just picking up trades until everything returns to somewhat normal.

Looks like Outlawed has been...outlawed.

I wonder if because the one-shot didn’t net amazing sales they’ve decided to scuttle it, which then begs the question of what to do with the completed comics or whether to finish anything.

Oh, it's definitely cancelled. I just hope they wrap it up properly. Probably with the law being repealed.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    I notice the low selling Avengers of the Wasteland is going to TPB. We know issue #4 went digital so I expect the same fate for #5. Still no release date given for Doctor Doom #7 and the first arc needs to be completed. We know that it's written because Cantwell said he had finished writing until issue #10 IIRC. This is so weird....where are those comics early April that were probably printed back in late March? Are they really stuck somewhere in the pipeline? Fantastic Four IIRC was supposed to be released April 8 but it's hard to tell and that has been given a new release date. The Diamond Preview site had all the catalogs prior the shut down removed from the site.
    I'm expecting those eight titles that went digital to have their next issues announces for a June digital release, yes - along with some of the other books that weren't solicited.

FF #21 was due on April 22 before the virus hit.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 05-21-2020 at 09:43 AM.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Oh, it's definitely cancelled. I just hope they wrap it up properly. Probably with the law being repealed.

I'm expecting those eight titles that went digital to have their next issues announces for a June digital release, yes - along with some of the other books that weren't solicited.

FF #21 was due on April 22 before the virus hit.
    One wonders if the print copies of those April 1 releases are somehow irretrievable, what would it matter if they released those digitally? Wouldn't surprise me if they did. Were DC's April 1 releases "lost" or in limbo too?

so ... no new "new wariors"?

BANNED

Still missing in action

Ravencroft
    Strikeforce
    Falcon & Winter Soldier
    Doctor Doom
    Savage Avengers
    Juggernaut
    2020 Force Works

Last edited by Ying Ko; 05-21-2020 at 11:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    One wonders if the print copies of those April 1 releases are somehow irretrievable, what would it matter if they released those digitally? Wouldn't surprise me if they did. Were DC's April 1 releases "lost" or in limbo too?
    Champions was an April 8 book. Ms Marvel and Miles were due on April 1. Good question though. I understand DC reprinted theirs.

Quote Originally Posted by staptik777 View Post
    so ... no new "new wariors"?
    The world doesn’t need that right now.

Interesting how entire chunks of Empyre are missing....no Invasion of Wakanda (which I was REALLY looking forward to!), or Fantastic Four (even though they ARE releasing Empyre:Fantastic Four #0).

I'm thinking New Mutants and (maybe!) Dr. Strange are just skipping a month.

No Strikeforce, Savage Avengers or Valkyrie. #8 would have been an O.K. place to wrap up Strikeforce, but SA and Valkyrie were an issue or two away from wrapping up the current story line. Hope we see those in September.....but I'm not holding my breath.