Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Coronavirus knocks out direct market - Diamond stops deliveries

Diamond aren't accepting any more comics to their warehouses, so this week's will probably be the last for a while.
    https://www.bleedingcool.com/2020/03...ng-new-comics/
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

This'll kill most shops. Mine was at least shipping books to customers and doing curb side pickup.
    Pulls: Batman, Detective Comics, SiKtC, Catwoman, Nightwing, Titans, Godzilla, Wonder Woman, Batman & Robin, Brave and the Bold, No/One, Kill your Darlings, and Deviant.
    My runs: Batman #230-, and Detective #420-

Quote Originally Posted by SixSpeedSamurai View Post
    This'll kill most shops. Mine was at least shipping books to customers and doing curb side pickup.
    Same! WOW!
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

Two things immediately popped to mind when I read this:

1- This may be the perfect thing to get some of these late books back on track.

2-This is prime example #1 why one company having a monopoly on the physical comic distribution market is terrible.
    Last Read: Aquaman & The Flash: Voidsong

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Geiger, Green Arrow, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Thundercats, Titans

The all digital future has arrived. If I was DC and Marvel I would start slashing prices digitally so it’s cheaper to buy on there. Otherwise they’re going to get pirated to death.

Good thing I'm subscribed for Digital then, but I feel bad for the shops.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    The all digital future has arrived. If I was DC and Marvel I would start slashing prices digitally so it’s cheaper to buy on there. Otherwise they’re going to get pirated to death.
    https://www.newsarama.com/49542-what...retailers.html

This is sad
    It personally doesnt affect me personally as I get all of my comics digitally but I do feel for you.
    As you can see on the left, Im from Costa Rica. the situation here with Covid19 is not as extreme as it is in the US(only 150+ cases reported and only 2 dead here as of today) but we are also saying home for the time being, schools/churches/malls/etc everything is closed.
    so to all of you who are no just going to miss your physical copies and may lose your favorite comic stores. which you the best of lucks.

I gave up single issues 2 years ago
    But not getting new released trades and omnibuses will hurt.

Extraordinary Member

I hope not, I like my LCS. Great people there.

This will actually help a lot of shops too. If Diamond isn't sending stuff out, shops won't have to pay for it. That's going to save shops in states that where all non-essential businesses have been closed like New York, California, Ohio and a couple others. My owner in New York was very concerned about Diamond shipping out books and him having to pay for them and no immediate way to sell them.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

I have a feeling in the next week or so the entire country will be on lockdown and people won't be able to get comics from shops anyway.
    Assassinate Putin!

Does this affect direct distributons to individual homes? I haven't been inside of a comic book store since 1991 when they turned Hank Hall evil and I've been getting comics delivered directly to my house since 2003 when they made John Stewart a GL again.