Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
Interesting. I am not sure that is the right move, but I guess it depends on what Marvel does. Even though I agree with DC (8+ years has shown digital grew in addition to physical and no signs it caused any loss to physical at launch or since) retailers are a different bunch and if they feel burned by a publisher, as it is sometimes pointed out the retailers are the customers and could shelf a lot less DC.
Like some retailer is really going to do that. Unless those books are Batman titles, Dc is NOT going to care if Cyborg or Wonder Twins is not stocked at a store.

DC knows they got these retailers. When they cried over REPRINTS with very little new content being sold at Wal-mart, to the point of buying out Wal-mart's stock. DESPITE being told those new stories would see print in books for LCS.

For all the fussing and complaining about variants-it's DC and marvel variant stocked all over the place not Vampire Tramp's 10 variants a month nor Elvira or Red Sonia's collections of variants.

They don't have the guts to do because they don't want to miss a chance to overprice something with a DC or marvel logo.

I mean in return DC can stick to them by doing something major in that book that is being boycotted by stores.

I'd guess they'll try mail-orders or something first. They've resisted changing production to benefit from digital formats or seasonal OGN's and that'd probably be a time consuming and costly effort. They won't want to do that when they've gone months with little to no revenue.
If all the OGNS are batman and friends-don't expect huge sales.

If very few folks can get those OGNS don't expect folks to both with them.

If very few stores stock them don't expect high sales. What good is 12 of those ads in a DC book? Why doesn't Target have those ads? Why doesn't my school district have those ads?