Page 41 of 44 FirstFirst ... 313738394041424344 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Yes, part 6 is new. It'll be reprinted in Swamp Thing Giant #6 though, and they will continue.
    Scratch that. The Giant's been cancelled.
    https://www.newsarama.com/50377-five...ital-only.html
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

AIPT has previews for week 7 of DC Digital Firsts: Batwoman/Supergirl: World's Finest #1, Batman: Gotham Nights #7, Harley Quinn: Make Em Laugh #1, Aquaman: Deep Dives #7, Flash: Fastest Man Alive #7, Teen Titans Go: Booyah #2, and Swamp Thing: New Roots #7.

Birds of Prey only had enough content for one issue and has already been replaced by Harley Quinn. Batwoman/Supergirl replaces Superman.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Mighty Member

Is there a link to that marvel has a ton of books September 2

Sigh... no, they don't. Comixology and marvel.com just have that as a placeholder date for previously announced and solicited books without a rescheduled release date after the Coronavirus wrecked the schedule. Only a few titles (a dozen at the most) will be out that date, not all 100+!

Yet another plot twist - is Walmart to start selling the regular $3.99 DC line? It's another potential result of them dumping Diamond.
    https://bleedingcool.com/comics/dc-c...mart-presence/

Yet another plot twist - is Walmart to start selling the regular $3.99 DC line? It's another potential result of them dumping Diamond.
    https://bleedingcool.com/comics/dc-c...mart-presence/
    I'd be happy to see it, if true.

I don't often go to Wal-Mart and wouldn't buy my comics from them anyway, but if they can do it right (and that might be problematic) it'd be a much better way of attracting new readers than keeping everything isolated in a hobby shop.

Anything that gets these IP's out to a wider audience is a good thing, in my book.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

My biggest complaint right now are these people whining about wanting to know when their books are going to be shipped. I want to slap them upside the head. They literally think, "They've had a few days, how difficult can it be?"
    I think restorative nostalgia is the number one issue with comic book fans.
    A fine distinction between two types of Nostalgia:

Reflective Nostalgia allows us to savor our memories but accepts that they are in the past
    Restorative Nostalgia pushes back against the here and now, keeping us stuck trying to relive our glory days.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

I read that article. So does this mean that the 100 page giants are officially cancelled? That would be an odd choice since my understanding is that they're selling rather well.
    Assassinate Putin!

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    I read that article. So does this mean that the 100 page giants are officially cancelled? That would be an odd choice since my understanding is that they're selling rather well.
    I don’t think so. DC isn’t selling them to Diamond anymore, but they might continue to sell them through Wal-Mart along with their regular floppy issues now if I’m reading the article correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    I don’t think so. DC isn’t selling them to Diamond anymore, but they might continue to sell them through Wal-Mart along with their regular floppy issues now if I’m reading the article correctly.
    It would honestly be a bad move to keep the giants going and sell new comics. If you're average non-comic reader goes into Walmart and sees this month's Batman comic at $3.99 and a 100pg Giant next to it at only $1 more, they'll easily just go with the giant as it's a better deal. The non-comic reader the whole Walmart deal was marketing to won't care if the material is "new" as they won't even know the difference.
    Last Read: Aquaman & The Flash: Voidsong

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Geiger, Green Arrow, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Thundercats, Titans

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    I haven't seen a Superman one in a couple months. It made me wonder if they were still being published.
    Assassinate Putin!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Noodle View Post
    It would honestly be a bad move to keep the giants going and sell new comics. If you're average non-comic reader goes into Walmart and sees this month's Batman comic at $3.99 and a 100pg Giant next to it at only $1 more, they'll easily just go with the giant as it's a better deal. The non-comic reader the whole Walmart deal was marketing to won't care if the material is "new" as they won't even know the difference.
    I thought they had a new story with a bunch of reprints?

Usually two or three new stories for a total of roughly 32 pages (16, 8, 8 or 24, 8). The other two thirds is reprints, yes. Though the new stories won't actually be new any more now that the Digital First line exists.

Maybe they could change only $2.99 for the regular single issues?

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    I haven't seen a Superman one in a couple months. It made me wonder if they were still being published.
    The pandemic is to blame for that.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 06-18-2020 at 01:09 PM.

Ultimate Member

Usually two or three new stories for a total of roughly 32 pages (16, 8, 8 or 24, 8). The other two thirds is reprints, yes. Though the new stories won't actually be new any more now that the Digital First line exists.

Maybe they could change only $2.99 for the regular single issues?

The pandemic is to blame for that.
    I don't know Allegiance Arts and Entertainment comics are 5 bucks. When they are displayed with the other magazines at the Wal-marts I visit. Guess what folks were buying them.

Especially Bass Reeves & Red Rooster. If Dc is seeing that why would you lower the price?

It would honestly be a bad move to keep the giants going and sell new comics.

I think the Giants would be for the kids or someone who doesn't mind variety.

I would probably restrict what new material goes in there.

I would be more pressed to put in the Giants guys like Star Girl, Black Lightning and others. Let them have the new stories and reprint stuff with the Big Guns.

Pretty much use the new slot in the Giants for your CW, Doom patrol, Titans, Star Girl, Young Justice and fringe folks.