Page 1 of 44 1234511 ... LastLast

Default Coronavirus knocks out direct market - Diamond stops deliveries

Diamond aren't accepting any more comics to their warehouses, so this week's will probably be the last for a while.
    https://www.bleedingcool.com/2020/03...ng-new-comics/
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

This'll kill most shops. Mine was at least shipping books to customers and doing curb side pickup.
    Pulls: Batman, Detective Comics, SiKtC, Catwoman, Nightwing, Titans, Godzilla, Wonder Woman, Batman & Robin, Brave and the Bold, No/One, Kill your Darlings, and Deviant.
    My runs: Batman #230-, and Detective #420-

Quote Originally Posted by SixSpeedSamurai View Post
    This'll kill most shops. Mine was at least shipping books to customers and doing curb side pickup.
    Same! WOW!
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

Two things immediately popped to mind when I read this:

1- This may be the perfect thing to get some of these late books back on track.

2-This is prime example #1 why one company having a monopoly on the physical comic distribution market is terrible.
    Last Read: Zatanna and the Ripper vol. 1

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Batman, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Beware the Planet of the Apes, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Green Arrow, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Superman '78: The Metal Curtain, Thundercats, Titans

The all digital future has arrived. If I was DC and Marvel I would start slashing prices digitally so it’s cheaper to buy on there. Otherwise they’re going to get pirated to death.

Good thing I'm subscribed for Digital then, but I feel bad for the shops.

Does this affect DCBS (I don't know if they use Diamond or not)?

I wouldn't be surprised if DC/Marvel don't put out new issues digitally either and just delay those as well. It would kill the sales of the paper ones when they eventually come out again as well as drill a couple more nails into comic stores.

I can see them making a few "digital first" series like they do now already but I wouldn't expect, say, Action Comics to be digital-exclusive for the next few months.
    Last Read: Zatanna and the Ripper vol. 1

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Batman, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Beware the Planet of the Apes, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Green Arrow, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Superman '78: The Metal Curtain, Thundercats, Titans

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

This is finally pushing me to go digital. I haven't really enjoyed going into a shop in some time, but I love tangible comic books. I didn't think I'd ever REALLY make the jump, but here we go. I hate 'collector' mentality that many consumers have, and digital just makes more sense.

Nothing beats a really great comic shop though, even if they're harder to come by- hopefully they'll weather this storm.
    Last edited by Flash Gordon; 03-24-2020 at 03:50 AM.

One clarification, Diamond will still be shipping products they have in warehouse to shops that remain open (i.e. in states where shelter in place orders have not been issued). They will just not be accepting new product until further notice.

Also, the Canadian printing house that does the bulk of SC's printing and for many other American publishers as well, has announced they are closing for three weeks, so many publishers will not even be able to get books printed for nearly a month, which would preclude new print releases even if Diamond were accepting new product.

-M
    Comic fans get the comics their buying habits deserve.

"Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

BANNED

*shrug* People can get their comics online, which is what they should be doing in a situation like this.

When I hear about people getting their comics delivered to them like a pizza, I just think, "Why all the fuss? Just get them online."

Quote Originally Posted by Vampire Savior View Post
    *shrug* People can get their comics online, which is what they should be doing in a situation like this.

When I hear about people getting their comics delivered to them like a pizza, I just think, "Why all the fuss? Just get them online."
    Because a lot of people like myself like holding, collecting, and reading physical copies.

I WILL NEVER EVER read a comics on a tablet.
    So when that ends, I end with anything new released.

At least I have a huge collection and have most everything I want to enjoy for the rest of my life, so there won't be a lot of tracking down for books I've missed on IST.
    Guess I'll go on online book hunts for collected TPB's I'm missing or behind on.
    Reliving my second childhood.... Making my TPB's take a back seat.....I'm now a new DC Omnibus and Hard Bound Book Collector: Batman: The Golden Age Omni V1 / Legends of the Dark Knight: Jim Aparo Vol. 2 / Gotham Central Omni / Justice League of America Silver Age Omni's V1 & V2 / Superman: The Golden Age Omni V1/ Green Lantern Omni V1
    with many more purchases soon to come.....

In our state, all non-essential businesses are now ordered to stay closed until further notice.
    This means only grocery stores, pharmacies, auto repair, gas stations and such remain open.

Ironically, comics used to be sold at grocery stores, pharmacies and gas stations...

Not that I would go out to get them.
    Anyone not working at an essential business or not out to get medicine or food, really should be staying at home.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by SixSpeedSamurai View Post
    I hope not, I like my LCS. Great people there.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

I feel bad for comics shops that actually knew how to manage their shops right and now this happens and will likely hurt their buisnesses, I don't honestly know what I would do if I was DC or Marvel. Technically, they could stop releasing digitally for a bit, but I don't know if Disney and ATT would let them do that.