Page 39 of 44 FirstFirst ... 29353637383940414243 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    Could comic shops survive off marvel and inide alone? I imagine their customers wouldn't be thrilled at them boycotting and that would be what gets people to buy comics digitally.
    Maybe Marvel's excessive titles could do them some good here .

Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    That doesn't make sense. Are we sure one of the Flash issues isn't a second printing?
    Nope #754 and #755 plus the Giant.
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by iron chimp View Post
    Or just use the at least 8 other avenues you can use to get comics if you dont like anything diamond distributes rather than wishing to see shops close and publishers fail.

The comics industry is far bigger than just diamonds portfolio so just go there. Really isnt hard if you want 'real change'
    THIS......

Yet because of groups like comicsgate and certain store owners-folks act like they can't get a comic or anything sold in a comic book store from another source.

As some said on Twitter-"If customers in 2020 are walking into brick and mortar shops to buy books it's because they WANT to, not because they don't know mail order exists."

I had to go to EBAY to get Icon 40 (now I have every Milestone issue ever made). No comic book store had it.

Do any of these store owners shop around? Your stuff is not exclusive.

Could comic shops survive off marvel and inide alone? I imagine their customers wouldn't be thrilled at them boycotting and that would be what gets people to buy comics digitally.
    Not too long ago some of those stores were calling for Marvel folk to be fired over POC lead books. Then they cried over too many variants.

If Marvel had stores to themselves-I am sure Marvel would flood them with books and guess what-can't complain about them. If you don't have Dc there.

Because your indy books do the one thing Batman, Superman and others DON'T-leave large piles of unsold books.

So pretty much if you are a store that doesn't thrive with back issues-you would probably be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    I mean DC made a risky move here will it pay off in the end?

Mighty Member

That doesn't make sense. Are we sure one of the Flash issues isn't a second printing?
    Remember Flash is 2times a month

It still shouldn't be releasing two issues simultaneously - and on the same week as a Giant to boot. Do them on consecutive weeks instead.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Diamond is not gong to be happy. Other comic companies may do the same thing dc did!

https://www.newsarama.com/50060-othe...mic-shops.html

Quickly, someone grab a violin for Diamond so they can play some music to go with their feelings!

I bet you could order one from Amazon. Some distributors are still doing their jobs.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Two of the seven Digital Firsts are being replaced, I assume due to exhaustion of the Giant material. Birds of Prey replaces Wonder Woman and Teen Titans Go replaces DC Super Hero Girls.
    https://www.newsarama.com/50311-bird...s-program.html
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Two of the seven Digital Firsts are being replaced, I assume due to exhaustion of the Giant material. Birds of Prey replaces Wonder Woman and Teen Titans Go replaces DC Super Hero Girls.
    https://www.newsarama.com/50311-bird...s-program.html
    So SWamp Thing Giant is up to issue 5 at Wal-Mart. Is this part 6 new? Are they still going to publish the Giants?

Yes, part 6 is new. It'll be reprinted in Swamp Thing Giant #6 though, and they will continue. There's a reason they're called Digital Firsts - they're using all the material completed so far, whether or not it's been in the Giants yet. Superman and Batman each had a couple of issues in the previous Giants, before the already re-released Bendis Batman and King Superman runs started, so I guess they can go on a couple of issues longer. When any of the others run out (Flash would be next to run out I think), I can see Titans replacing it.

Now that regular comics are back, I don't expect them to maintain the seven weekly releases much longer.

Mighty Member

so is anybody getting comics

Quote Originally Posted by fin5 View Post
    so is anybody getting comics
    I mean I am digitally but that’s not new (it’s always been a space thing).
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Yes, part 6 is new. It'll be reprinted in Swamp Thing Giant #6 though, and they will continue. There's a reason they're called Digital Firsts - they're using all the material completed so far, whether or not it's been in the Giants yet. Superman and Batman each had a couple of issues in the previous Giants, before the already re-released Bendis Batman and King Superman runs started, so I guess they can go on a couple of issues longer. When any of the others run out (Flash would be next to run out I think), I can see Titans replacing it.
    Thanks, I knew they were digital first, but was hoping it didn't also mean Digital only as well. I am really enjoying the Swamp Thing Giants.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Maybe Marvel's excessive titles could do them some good here .
    Marvel has a ton of books slated to come out September 2.

With guys like Miles, Ms marvel & Black Panther having 3 issues set to come out. I can't see them doing digital only with those 3.

While New Warriors appears to be in print with 2 variants.

For all the hate that book got before coming out-it see print over those 3?

I found 5 books with 3 issues coming out.

Looks DC is going to have some competition that month if all those get printed.