Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Krakoa Missed Connections

Whether it be due to book cancelations, creative team shifts, incoherence in writing, forgotten plots, off-panel references, etc., we can all agree that there are several missed opportunities within our beloved X-Men family.

The lovely Jbenito stated in another thread:

I got one that I still grumble about. In Uncanny X-Force vol. 2 Logan forbids Betsy from ever returning to the mansion because she didn't turn in Spiral and did her own thing (he was headmaster). They argue on the astral plane about it and it ends very cold between them. Then he died shortly after. I would have loved to see how she felt with him dying before they could patch things up, or how she felt with his return considering they parted on bad terms. Hell, he was the first to encounter her when she got body/mind swapped way back when and she returns to her body while on a mission in his name. At least a hug, X-Office!

We can start a whole thread about this sort of stuff.
    So, I went ahead and started a whole thread about this sort of stuff. Whether it be resolved conflicts, reunions, confrontations-- my question to you is: what are some missed connections between characters you wished you could have seen (or may hope to still see)?

And not just regarding the Krakoa/Hickman era, but pretty much the entirety of X-Men history.

P.S. This thread was not made to heavily criticize, complain about, or whine to the creators and offices that work behind the X-Men. It is simply to discuss: "what you would have liked to see happen, but didn't."
    Last edited by gifted; 03-23-2020 at 05:20 PM.

“Have courage and be kind. Where there is kindness there is goodness, and where there is goodness there is magic.”
    Cinderella

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Jean Grey and Madelyne Pryor. The two of them have been dead and alive on and off in rotating cycles, and now for the first time since Inferno the both of them are alive and presumably going to be on the same island. Give this to me!

Also - Jean and the Xorn who killed her. I guess if it has to be that she was killed by Xorn, this is a confrontation that's needed to be had. I'd also accept one with Magneto if it's him that did it but Marvel is so back and forth on that that it's scary.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    Jean Grey and Madelyne Pryor. The two of them have been dead and alive on and off in rotating cycles, and now for the first time since Inferno the both of them are alive and presumably going to be on the same island. Give this to me!

Also - Jean and the Xorn who killed her. I guess if it has to be that she was killed by Xorn, this is a confrontation that's needed to be had. I'd also accept one with Magneto if it's him that did it but Marvel is so back and forth on that that it's scary.
    Can almost guarantee Jean and Madelyne have little to no interactions, all the story reasons are there but does a writers specifically Wells want to tell it?

Spectacular Member

How did Scott's father come back to life

Quote Originally Posted by PotniaTheron View Post
    How did Scott's father come back to life
    It happened back in Bendis' run without any explanation. The Teen Cyclops solo revealed that the Starjammers used advanced alien tech to bring him back but he's reliant on space drugs to stay alive, if he runs out he dies again

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    It happened back in Bendis' run without any explanation. The Teen Cyclops solo revealed that the Starjammers used advanced alien tech to bring him back but he's reliant on space drugs to stay alive, if he runs out he dies again
    Thanks for reminding. I also want to ask how Broo came back to life...

Incredible Member

I guess I've got one: Tyler Dayspring.

How does Young Nate react when the son that he had is brought back to life by the Five? In fact, how does Hope react to him?

Spectacular Member

I got one! Storm and wolverine, what did they talk about when they saw each other again for the first time after his death?

Quote Originally Posted by gifted View Post
    Whether it be due to book cancelations, creative team shifts, incoherence in writing, forgotten plots, off-panel references, etc., we can all agree that there are several missed opportunities within our beloved X-Men family.

The lovely Jbenito stated in another thread:

So, I went ahead and started a whole thread about this sort of stuff. Whether it be resolved conflicts, reunions, confrontations-- my question to you is: what are some missed connections between characters you wished you could have seen (or may hope to still see)?

And not just regarding the Krakoa/Hickman era, but pretty much the entirety of X-Men history.

P.S. This thread was not made to heavily criticize, complain about, or whine to the creators and offices that work behind the X-Men. It is simply to discuss: "what you would have liked to see happen, but didn't."
    How lovely! Thanks for starting this. I'm looking forward to reading the things posters would like to see. As for me...

They fight the demon bear while bickering the whole time and at the end Logan tells her never to return to the mansion again. Then Death of Wolverine happened.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Rogue and Mystique. Have they interacted since Ms. Marie almost killed her mum in Messiah Complex? Hope she is present when/if the plot about Mystique burning down Krakoa happens.

Selene interacting with Emma...

Ultimate Member

Warren and Betsy talking since her new body and all...

Quote Originally Posted by nandes View Post
    Rogue and Mystique. Have they interacted since Ms. Marie almost killed her mum in Messiah Complex? Hope she is present when/if the plot about Mystique burning down Krakoa happens.
    oh yes!! as much as I know in my heart of hearts any attempts to clear up Mystique's relationships with her kids will probably just make them more complicated, I can't resist yearning for a good story that explores them
    I mean hell her and Kurt are both on the Quiet Council, I wonder if they've had a convo or decided it was too awks

Quote Originally Posted by nandes View Post
    Mystique randomly showed up for Rogue and Gambit's wedding (which they stole from Piotr at the last minute)

The M and Penance change.

Jubilee and Synch.

Banshee and EVERYONE. Though he and Moira - especially given the retcon - could be REALLY interesting.

Warpath and Risque.

Betsy and Blob.

Threnody... though that's a BIG ol' can of worms...

Though the one encounter I REALLY want to see is Scarlet Witch with one of the mutants she depowered. (Other than Rictor.) Jubilee or Dani had more reason to have at it with Wanda than Rogue ever did.

Of course, there is the matter of why Karma is still walking around with that bionic leg. Elixir, quit blaming your job with the Five and get off your lazy @$$.