Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post

Gillen is focusing on creator owned right now. And Carey is busy with prose, I believe.
    I wonder if they realize how some fans miss them on X-books.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by adamTPTK View Post
    I wonder if they realize how some fans miss them on X-books.
    If you think Carey misses X-Men fans, then you weren't here for the last two years of his Legacy run. He was regularly accused of writing a rape apologetic narrative by deranged shippers.

Fantastic Member Captain Buttocks's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vishop View Post
    I am not sure why people keep on telling that Final Execution Saga was a bad storyline without some reasoning but I guess whatever floats their boat to just criticize.
    I think it was just that the bar had been set so high with Dark Angel Saga. If the quality had been reversed (a story of the standard of F.E first and then D.A after) it would probably be more fondly remembered.

The pacing was a problem though - they were both l-o-o-o-n-g arcs, and there were some artistic inconsistencies.

It's odd, because I have both UXF and Astonishing X-Men in omnibus and in floppies.

At the time I got so disinterested with Astonishing because it took so long to come out, and was happier, years later when they just threw random artists at UXF to get it coming out monthly, but it damages it in re-reading as one piece.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    If you think Carey misses X-Men fans, then you weren't here for the last two years of his Legacy run. He was regularly accused of writing a rape apologetic narrative by deranged shippers.
    I would think a pro must've known that inadequate fanatics are part of the deal.

I would think a pro must've known that inadequate fanatics are part of the deal.
    But if you have plenty of other work offers where they *aren't* a part of the deal, I knw which way I would be going.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Buttocks View Post
    I think it was just that the bar had been set so high with Dark Angel Saga. If the quality had been reversed (a story of the standard of F.E first and then D.A after) it would probably be more fondly remembered.

The pacing was a problem though - they were both l-o-o-o-n-g arcs, and there were some artistic inconsistencies.

It's odd, because I have both UXF and Astonishing X-Men in omnibus and in floppies.

At the time I got so disinterested with Astonishing because it took so long to come out, and was happier, years later when they just threw random artists at UXF to get it coming out monthly, but it damages it in re-reading as one piece.
    I don't have the omnibus(I have the two collected editions) but I do not remember having many problems with the pacing. FE saga was like 10 issues therefore I don't think it's that long enough. I have seen much bad pacing stuff in comics.

BANNED

I think calling someone's writing a "rape apologetic narrative" crosses the line from inadequate into something way worse.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by PrezValentine View Post
    I think calling someone's writing a "rape apologetic narrative" crosses the line from inadequate into something way worse.
    That would be "irrelevant". Which makes them even easier to ignore

Quote Originally Posted by Vishop View Post
    I have seen much bad pacing stuff in comics.
    Yeah, I remember Bendis too...